Thai plane slips off runway, no injuries

Lite Beer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The usual list of comments made by Sunday Aviation experts and prompt to blame anything which is not from their native country.

As i can read, Thai companies do not have more problems than others with their aircraft. As i see everyday in my job Thai DCA is not worse than any other asian DCA.

Most the guys writing on here do not even know what they are talking about

HS-GBG is an aircraft from Nok Mini (Siam General Aviation) which is not owned by Thai Airways.

A problem in LG is not a "stick actuator problem" and the problem can be located in many area, defect part, hydraulic problem etc etc etc

Thai maintenance agents are not worse or better than others, you have good and you have bad in every company, and i remind you that the most of the big western airlines sur as Air France / KLM, British Airways etc etc do not hesitate to perform heavy maintenance operation in countries such as China, Indonesia etc etc for cost reasons, is it more safe ???

By the way, the most important is that nobody has been hurt in that incident and the real experts in charge about that matter will say where came from the problem ...

First trains, now planes, what's next, automobiles.............oh yeah..........that's right.........forgot. At least no body was hurt, that's always a good thing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've slipped on ice, I've had a slip of the tongue, Things have slipped my mind, I've been give sales slips, I've docked boats in their slips, I've slipped up, I've been in slippery situations situations with some pretty slippery people, I've slipped the coppers a few baht, I've slipped away before she woke up in the morning, I've slipped people five and high side, I've even listened to Slip Kid, but I've never heard of an airplane that slipped.

Edited by Local Drunk

An other thread full of idiotic comments from armchair pilots who have zero knowledge of the airline industry clap2.gif

This armchair pilot happens to know that airplanes are not supposed to slip off the runway, and now it has happened three times in two months in Thailand. When I see the lack of competence and maintenance in other critical transportation areas (railway lines, trains, buses, taxis... the list is endless) in this country, it's fair to believe that these accidents are not mere coincidences.

I remember a long long time ago I heard someone say that any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. I also remember reading that a safe landing is nothing more than a seriously controlled crash.

Said by people whose glass is always half-empty and never half-full.

I think I've got a answer that will bring all sides together; "The glasses are twice as big as they need to be."

Quite an achievement! The runways were constructed for B52 bombers. But it is the rainy season, we just have to wait for the helicopters and planes (mostly military) that will always fall out of the Thai skies every year.

I don't think that B52's flew from Udon, I believe that a variant of the F4 'Phantom' was based there. The B52 base was at Utapao.

The usual list of comments made by Sunday Aviation experts and prompt to blame anything which is not from their native country.

As i can read, Thai companies do not have more problems than others with their aircraft. As i see everyday in my job Thai DCA is not worse than any other asian DCA.

Most the guys writing on here do not even know what they are talking about

HS-GBG is an aircraft from Nok Mini (Siam General Aviation) which is not owned by Thai Airways.

A problem in LG is not a "stick actuator problem" and the problem can be located in many area, defect part, hydraulic problem etc etc etc

Thai maintenance agents are not worse or better than others, you have good and you have bad in every company, and i remind you that the most of the big western airlines sur as Air France / KLM, British Airways etc etc do not hesitate to perform heavy maintenance operation in countries such as China, Indonesia etc etc for cost reasons, is it more safe ???

By the way, the most important is that nobody has been hurt in that incident and the real experts in charge about that matter will say where came from the problem ...

You don´t need to be an expert to notice that the number of incidents with Thai airlines involved are summing up these days. What is this all about? Bad spirits, lack of maintenance or human errors? I really hope for all of us, that there is not a REAL disaster waiting to happen because the Airlines are too self confident and think they can get away with cost saving measures (if that would be the case, we don´t know).

My only concern is making it off the plance alive, but i really get a little distrustful towards any Thai airline right now. This year i flew Thai A380 from BKK-FRA-BKK and felt safe, but i´m beginning to wonder though. Of course this is only my average person point of view without any inside knowledge.

Why not wait until the official Air Accident Reports for all these recent accidents, before jumping to conclusions?

These are prepared without emotion or bias, and are based on factual findings.

Whilst on the subject of things aeronautical, can anyone enlighten me to the latest news from Kan AIr's recent building of an Airport half way up a mountainside on Koh Phangan? It was meant to be opening up for business this year?!!