What are Koi worth ?

As per thread title, my pond is becoming over populated so am thinking of selling some but I have zero idea of what they are worth.

I know some are worth more than other depending on coloring but as a general rule of thumb what would be an average price.

A Thai friend just bought a couple of koi in Pattaya at the big place on Sai Sam for Baht 500 each. As I recall some were priced at Baht 800 or Baht 1000. Not sure if the price level was set when the shop owner saw me get out of the car.

notice%20attitude%20-%20price.jpg

He wants more (but I pointed out that the "mobile ATM" chai mai dai). So if you're selling at a major discount and located in Pattaya I may already have a buyer for you for at least two to four more to add to his sunken fish pond in his front garden. Recent rains have made the distinction between the front garden and the sunken fish pond less clear-cut.

[somewhat more seriously, if you are in Pattaya and are selling at a discount to the prices mentioned, PM me].

Edited by Suradit69

A Thai friend just bought a couple of koi in Pattaya at the big place on Sai Sam for Baht 500 each. As I recall some were priced at Baht 800 or Baht 1000. Not sure if the price level was set when the shop owner saw me get out of the car.

notice%20attitude%20-%20price.jpg

He wants more (but I pointed out that the "mobile ATM" chai mai dai). So if you're selling at a major discount and located in Pattaya I may already have a buyer for you for at least two to four more to add to his sunken fish pond in his front garden. Recent rains have made the distinction between the front garden and the sunken fish pond less clear-cut.

[somewhat more seriously, if you are in Pattaya and are selling at a discount to the prices mentioned, PM me].

How big were the one's your friend purchased ?

Mine are about 400mm in length.

Same as anything, as much as someone will pay. Here in Isaan about 3/400 a fish

Yes I realise this but I wanted to know a ballpark figure because I do not want to advertise them for 50b if they are worth 500b nor list them at 500b if they are worth 50b.

Edited by Spoonman