UK International US$ Account

I have a long-standing £ account with Royal Bank of Scotland International but they are foisting off their personal banking onto their Natwest brand. I am also seeking to open a US$ account to better handle a growing amount of income in that currency but RBSI no longer offer that and it appears Natwest never have.

So, doing research on UK offshore banks, I came up with a short list as follows:

HSBC US Dollar Current Account

Cater Allen (owned by Santander) US Dollar Bank Account

Lloyds Bank US Dollar Premier International Account

Citi US Dollar Current Account

Citibank Plus

Citibank Gold

Nationwide International US Dollar Bonus Access Account

It is easy enough to do a comparison of rates, terms, minimum opening and holding, service charges, etc., but if anyone has any direct experience with any of these, particularly with opening a new account, customer service, their online experience and how they handle security, it would be much appreciated. Many of these offer online application but of course, paperwork will follow that needs to be signed and verified so any information on how quickly that was handled would be good.

Of course, if I have missed any others, or any recommendations in the area (Singapore and Hong Kong), that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

NL

I've had a Lloyds Euro Premier International account for 12 years or so. Never had any issues with security, either on the account or using the debit card. They send new cards to Thailand via DHL so no problem there. And a monthly statement by regular mail. Once you are set up for internet banking then it is easy to make payments from the account, and international transfers are free of charge which is a bonus. Its easy to set up new payments without any paperwork, all online, with a automated telephone call giving you a code to enter on the computer to verify the new payee. All in all no problems at all.

Thanks for posts so far.

Regarding the Lloyds new account, is that an online application with the actual application pack being sent for signatures to a UK address?

My existing banking has the UK address for all communications but I filed my Thai address with them several years ago when the EU banking directives regarding taxation kicked in.

I have a citigold account in Singapore and cant fault the service I have received over the years, upto about 6 months ago, the last time a collegue of mind opened an account with them, you could still open the account on-line, but you do have to send certifed copy of your PP, once you do ATM card in the return mail..