How should I dress?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dressed in shorts, polo and flip-flops, I went into a branch of Bangkok Bank to change some money. First I asked if I could open an account and after she looked at the Non-O visa in my passport, she asked if I had a WP and I said no. She said the dreaded, "Cannot."

No matter, so I stuck the wedge of £10,000 in brand new (and bloody hard to get) 50's on the table and asked them to change it into baht. This was back in the 70-ish baht to the £ days. She asked what I was doing and I said building a house. Then she asked if I wanted to open an account. So I did.

• Like 1

Does a grown man really need to come to an internet forum to seek advice on what to wear when setting up a bank account?

Seriously?

Agreed.

Sounds a little like a 'man amongst boys and a boy amongst men' to me especially since he opened a ridiculous thread about westerners in Thailand who only wear shorts a little while ago.

His questions and comments seem narrow minded and naive to me. I hope he wasn't born in 1931 as his TV name possibly suggests.

I only started this topic for a bit of fun, I got the idea from my topic about wearing shorts. I did not expect anyone would be daft enough to think it was serious, but you do get them, don't you Woodsie and Scobie. My next topic is going to be about wearing a kilt.

Does a grown man really need to come to an internet forum to seek advice on what to wear when setting up a bank account?

Seriously?

Agreed.

Sounds a little like a 'man amongst boys and a boy amongst men' to me especially since he opened a ridiculous thread about westerners in Thailand who only wear shorts a little while ago.

His questions and comments seem narrow minded and naive to me. I hope he wasn't born in 1931 as his TV name possibly suggests.

I only started this topic for a bit of fun, I got the idea from my topic about wearing shorts. I did not expect anyone would be daft enough to think it was serious, but you do get them, don't you Woodsie and Scobie. My next topic is going to be about wearing a kilt.

And quite right too!

I wear shorts to the bank all the time in Thailand, just like I used to wear jeans, shirt and sweater to my bank's Xmas party in London year after year while nearly all of the other guest's were dressed to the 9's.

They don't care what you wear, only how much money they can make from you!

I still have many friends who I met at those functions and I continue to wear short pants in Thailand and Jeans in the UK when I meet them.

Real people can see right through any pretension.

I do wear long pants to funerals and weddings though.laugh.png Sadly the numbers of funerals are going to increase and the wedding invitations are drying up sad.png

• Like 1