Lawyer and his family seriously injured as car falls off Highway 7 bridge in East Pattaya

Rimmer

Lawyer and his family seriously injured as car falls off Highway 7 bridge in East Pattaya

road-4.jpg
PATTAYA:--Late on Monday Night Police and rescue services were called to Highway 7 in East Pattaya to deal with a two-vehicle accident which resulted in serious injuries sustained to a Lawyer, his wife and two children after their car fell off a bridge onto the road below.

Khun Pantaerp aged 42 and his family were driving along Highway 7 in their Toyota Camry when they approached a Toyota Wish driven by Khun Atit aged 30 who claimed to have experienced technical difficulties with his vehicle which prevented him from applying the brakes.

Khun Atit lost control of his car which came off the Highway into a ditch. Khun Pantaerp attempted to perform an evasive maneuver to avoid a rear-end collision but he also lost control of his vehicle which smashed through a barrier and over a bridge onto the road below.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/105103/lawyer-family-injured-car-falls-highway-7-bridge-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-08

That looks like the bridge near my house where 7 crosses over the Crocodile Farm road. Lot's of high speed traffic on either side of the highway at this point. Looks like he shot through the gap between the east and west lanes and guided by the Armco barrier down the concreted slope, crashed into the pillar.

post-35874-0-80932600-1381233296_thumb.j

The exit ramp from the Pattaya side for this road is about 800m back and is one of those hidden, sharp angle ones just before the 3240 bridge. I have witnessed a fair few cars suddenly braking and cutting across to make the exit. Also, about 3 weeks ago, there was a red-plated Rover Evoque that looked like it had misjudged the sharpness of the exit in the rain, locked the wheels, shot over the ramp and nosed into the feeder road wall, just shy of dropping into the ditch.

I have also seen cars coming from Pattaya missing the Rayong turnoff at the 7 and 36 interchange and reversing back in the slow lane on the blind hill.

Why can't science, physics and Mother Nature simply stop picking on all these Thais? It really interferes with their abilities to concentrate on being perfect.

There ought to be a crackdown on this. Oh the humanity!

No humor to be found in the misfortune of others.

about 3 weeks ago, there was a red-plated Rover Evoque that looked like it had misjudged the sharpness of the exit in the rain, locked the wheels, shot over the ramp and nosed into the feeder road wall, just shy of dropping into the ditch.

Why do some posters persist in making up these theories of what they think may have happened when it is pure conjecture designed to make their post more dramatic? "...misjudged the sharpness...", "...locked the wheels...", 'shot over the ramp...""...nosed into the feeder...", blah, blah, blah. Land Rover Evoques have anti-lock brakes, sort of buggers-up this theory.

about 3 weeks ago, there was a red-plated Rover Evoque that looked like it had misjudged the sharpness of the exit in the rain, locked the wheels, shot over the ramp and nosed into the feeder road wall, just shy of dropping into the ditch.

Why do some posters persist in making up these theories of what they think may have happened when it is pure conjecture designed to make their post more dramatic? "...misjudged the sharpness...", "...locked the wheels...", 'shot over the ramp...""...nosed into the feeder...", blah, blah, blah. Land Rover Evoques have anti-lock brakes, sort of buggers-up this theory.

Why do some posters persist in blah, blah, blah...

Well for your edification, here's the simple version.

A brand new Evoque missed the ext ramp and hit the wall.

Picture to follow.

Happy now?

ABS (on any car) doesn't prevent you from misjudging turns, especially when going too fast in the rain.

(wasn't your Evoque was it?)

And which expat are we going to blame this accident on?

Going to blame the damned foreigners who built the cars with bake pedals too small for the size of vehicle and for producing dumb cars that decide to go off the road without the drivers permission.

That looks like the bridge near my house where 7 crosses over the Crocodile Farm road. Lot's of high speed traffic on either side of the highway at this point. Looks like he shot through the gap between the east and west lanes and guided by the Armco barrier down the concreted slope, crashed into the pillar.

attachicon.gifa bridge too far.jpg

The exit ramp from the Pattaya side for this road is about 800m back and is one of those hidden, sharp angle ones just before the 3240 bridge. I have witnessed a fair few cars suddenly braking and cutting across to make the exit. Also, about 3 weeks ago, there was a red-plated Rover Evoque that looked like it had misjudged the sharpness of the exit in the rain, locked the wheels, shot over the ramp and nosed into the feeder road wall, just shy of dropping into the ditch.

I have also seen cars coming from Pattaya missing the Rayong turnoff at the 7 and 36 interchange and reversing back in the slow lane on the blind hill.

Blimey, you know your stuff. My head was spinning reading that.

Why can't science, physics and Mother Nature simply stop picking on all these Thais? It really interferes with their abilities to concentrate on being perfect.

There ought to be a crackdown on this. Oh the humanity!

No humor to be found in the misfortune of others.

You must not watch Tom and Jerry. Same thing here, eh wot? I am laughing as I type this.