Watch Battery

HeijoshinCool

I'm in Sukhumvit for a day or two, and have an ancient Seiko Chronograph that needs a battery.

It's sentimental value is great, and I don't want some bonehead <deleted> it up, or having it disappear. Can anyone recommend a REAL jeweler in Sukhumvit, who can be trusted to do the job right?

Adding to that, it might be the seal which keeps the watch watertight which might also be an issue for you.

I have a dive watch/computer that the battery went dead. When I took it to have the battery replaced they had to send it off to be tested for leakage at high pressure. Took about a week and cost 1300 baht!.. I'm not sure if the guy just put it in the drawer and gave it back to me a week later but it has worked ever since. A normal battery replacement usually can be done while you wait even by the street vendors. The last one I had replaced by a street vendor was in a water resistant watch and cost 20 baht and it's still water resistant

Edited by wayned

There is a guy at parking lot end of Siam Paragon, on the jewelry floor, that disassembles and reassembles high grade watches down to the microscopic screws. I think he could handle a battery, if, he could be bothered and/or you could afford him.

+1 for AyG's suggestion re: the Seiko Service Center in BKK; I went there to get the date set on my new perpetual calendar and good service while you wait...

if the watch means something to you do not have some street type or anyone but a trained technician touch it...I did that with my last perpetual calendar and the back was not tightened properly with the required implement with the resultant corrosion inside...I had it for 11 years and would probably still be functioning now etc, etc...

• Like 1

+1 for AyG's suggestion re: the Seiko Service Center in BKK; I went there to get the date set on my new perpetual calendar and good service while you wait...

if the watch means something to you do not have some street type or anyone but a trained technician touch it...I did that with my last perpetual calendar and the back was not tightened properly with the required implement with the resultant corrosion inside...I had it for 11 years and would probably still be functioning now etc, etc...

Try the Seiko counter at any Central, Robinson's or Emporium.