Ah Sir khun mai Thai its Farang price for you!

DerekMc

I drove to Phaeng Waterfall today with the Wife her young sister and 2 of her nieces,nice drive 300k plus round trip,

After a nice peaceful drive we get there and lo and behold 10 baht each for the children 20 baht for my wife and 100 baht for me because I am

Farang...wow this one really gets my back up I just really feel the Thai government makes foreigners unwelcome in Thailand,

Not all foreigners are rich and ok make double the price for someplace like Chiangmai zoo but <deleted> about a waterfall that needs no taking care of

and is generally seen my mostly Thais anyway....wow it really boils my blood and makes me feel unwelcome and when I said to the wife about how I felt she just shrugged it off and said tax for foreigners....grrr...does this Farang pay more for everything get up anybody else's nose?

Venting...!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We in Austria also charge the Germans and Japanese double, triple than the locals.

If my parents ordering a schnaps (some high alcohol drink) they pay less than foreigner and the waiter takes the other bottle which is not watered down.

rip off here rip off there.....same same

Not quite same same everywhere, in The UK all visitors are charged the same as UK Citizens,it's against the law to discriminate in this manner!

Unless you're a foreign student where you'll be expected to pay up to £16,000 a year for an undergraduate degree rather than the £9000 that UK and EU students pay.

• Like 2

We in Austria also charge the Germans and Japanese double, triple than the locals.

Also when those Germans are married to an Australian wife and have Australian children ?

Yes in Austria, they especially dislike Germans married to Australians!!whistling.gif

My wrong, should have been Germans married to Austrians.

To prevent confusion in the future, from now on it will be written Ostrich and Australia on this forum, Kappa ? biggrin.png

....I can well afford it more than most Farang living in Thailand

coffee1.gif And despite your wealth??, straight on to the keyboard, to complain about a group of 5 had been charged about 5 $ in entrancefee. (Is it important, who paid what?)

Sorry to disturb you Sir, I know the US market has just opened! rolleyes.gif

I as a rule will not go any where that demands more money for me and my wife will not either,

I find it hilarious that so many Westerners praise their country fairness to non-citizens, as with all the anti-immigrant sentiment in Europe and the U.S. that has been in the news lately and also the unprovoked attack on non-white residents in Europe by gangs of white youth shown on U-tube.

For 100 baht you would not be able to buy a box of popcorn in Disney land, where a child's ticket is up to $80.00. and an Adult ticket is $90. U.S. Dollars, any one 10 years or older pays adult prices.

If I make plans with the in-laws to go to a certain site, I go with the understanding that I may be asked to pay a highers price only one time at the Chiang Mai Zoo we were asked to pay a higher entrance fee needless to say the whole group decided to go elsewhere.

I make the decision at the time plans are made to whether I would pay a higher entrance fee or not before I agree to go.

Over all I find Thai prices very fair, but I chose if I want to pay them or not.

Cheers:wai2.gif .

• Like 2

As posted earlier, most Thai national parks will let you in at Thai prices if you show a Thai drivers licence. At least that has been my experience in Koh Chang and Rayong. They just want to rip of the tourists... Oops did I say that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I won't go if I have to pay more for being a farang, but I don't care much about waterfalls or zoos anyway.

You don't pay more. Thais get a discount. Speak Thai to them and tell them you are a Thai citizen but waiting your ID

No Thais don't get a discount, foreigners pay a premium

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/155854-new-entrance-fees-for-national-parks/