Our happy retirement in a Thai sex haven

Lite Beer

Often take the wife and kids down to Jomtien for long weekends on the beach but would steer clear of Pattaya beach as it is just full of homeless looking people pedaling sex, drunk, werido's etc. No one in their right mind can say that is stereo typing, it is fact. Pattaya centre and beach road is sleeze, sex and dirty etc. Other than that for sure there are nice aspects/parts to it.

What? No lovely Russian women?

Treat the wife to nice threesome sometime.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Thailand and will stay there again. But Pattaya is the last place I would stay. All these retired westerners who stay at Pattaya simply don't know the beauty of many places in Thailand, specially in den north and the northeast. They prefer to stay in a tourist ghetto because they need wurstl and Western food which is difficult to get in some places. Furthermore, Pattaya (and Phuket) are more and more dangerous places, lots of robberies, crimes, etc. No thanks, I won't stay in such ugly places.

I fear that you are seriously misinformed. Do you not think that we residents take off to visit family members up country from time to time? Do you think that we have lost the spirit of exploration? Pattaya extends far beyond the area between Beach Road and Soi Bukhao, but perhaps you didn't know that. I originally came to Thailand and intended to stay in Pattaya to get up to speed in my new environment for a period of three months before setting up home in Hua Hin. After 90 days (to borrow a phrase popular with corrupt politicians) I decided that Pattaya suited me fine. I live in a mixed community of Thais and many decent folks of several nationalities, well away from the haunts of the human trash that visit just to drink copious amounts of poison and then satisfy their basic urges. I have access to several fine golf courses and other sporting and gaming venues, have a choice of two reasonable hospitals and one superb other only 30 minutes drive away, I have access to several supermarkets purveying the comestibles that I like to partake of, and several street markets to browse and occasionally pick up a bargain. Furthermore there is an Immigration Centre right on my doorstep so that extension of permission to stay and observe 90 day reporting is no hassle at all.

To use an hackneyed phrase you need to get out more - and keep your eyes open. There are thousands of ex-pats who would not want to be tarred with the brush that you wield. There is much I would like to see changed but not if it changed the fabric that is essentially Thailand.

Edited by Bagwan
  • Like 2

Often take the wife and kids down to Jomtien for long weekends on the beach but would steer clear of Pattaya beach as it is just full of homeless looking people pedaling sex, drunk, werido's etc. No one in their right mind can say that is stereo typing, it is fact. Pattaya centre and beach road is sleeze, sex and dirty etc. Other than that for sure there are nice aspects/parts to it.

Has it occurred to you that those "weirdos" probably find you and your family just as stereotyped, strange and unpleasant as you find them? Possibly even more so.

And who is to say which group is right?

There is nothing wrong with sleaze and sex and dirt if that is what you happen to like. Just as there is nothing wrong with families and general niceness if you happen to like that. But oddly enough it's always the "nice family people" who criticise and moan about anyone who doesnt behave just like they do.

• Like 2

OK we ALL know the BAD side of Pattaya.

That depends on what your idea of good and bad is. Some people like playing golf, raising ankle-biters and going to church but others would consider it to be purgatory.

Yeah. If you want Sarasota, Florida, USA, then why not just move there?

I like Pattaya's unique character. :)

I lived in Thailand and will stay there again. But Pattaya is the last place I would stay. All these retired westerners who stay at Pattaya simply don't know the beauty of many places in Thailand, specially in den north and the northeast. They prefer to stay in a tourist ghetto because they need wurstl and Western food which is difficult to get in some places. Furthermore, Pattaya (and Phuket) are more and more dangerous places, lots of robberies, crimes, etc. No thanks, I won't stay in such ugly places.

All those retired westerners,many are early retired too,do visit Other parts of Thailand.U have no proof,and for what its worth,farangs do get murdered in Issan too.

Well,dont sit on the beach at night <deleted>.I have walked pattaya beach DAYTIME,and i havent seen sleeze as u say.some hookers,but unless they go to u there is no problems

Has it occurred to you that those "weirdos" probably find you and your family just as stereotyped, strange and unpleasant as you find them? Possibly even more so.

There is nothing wrong with sleaze and sex and dirt if that is what you happen to like. Just as there is nothing wrong with families and general niceness if you happen to like that. But oddly enough it's always the "nice family people" who criticise and moan about anyone who doesnt behave just like they do.

Yeah because families are so disgusting aren't they. me thinks the lady protest to much. Out tonight by any chance?

Well,dont sit on the beach at night <deleted>.I have walked pattaya beach DAYTIME,and i havent seen sleeze as u say.some hookers,but unless they go to u there is no problems

All i can say is you clearly have not been there in the last 50 years during the day, or like many you want to hide and wallow in it. Beach road is nothing but drunks, homeless and ladies touting, that is the truth, but if you like it, go for it, all yours.

Yeah because families are so disgusting aren't they. me thinks the lady protest to much. Out tonight by any chance?

Well,at least u take them away from the pollution of Bangkok, i bet the kids love the sand and dont have a second thought about any sleeze,btw how is the Bangkok sleeze,good for a quickie

All i can say is you clearly have not been there in the last 50 years during the day, or like many you want to hide and wallow in it. Beach road is nothing but drunks, homeless and ladies touting, that is the truth, but if you like it, go for it, all yours.

U are talking very stupid,drunks in the daytime,u are deluded.Homeless,now dont start on that,look at Bangkok

Pattaya is a country made for westerners , its not a part of Thailand. Thats why westerners either love it or hate it.

And thats why some Thais wont even talk about Pattaya.

But if you're looking for cheap girls,booze, sex and western food its perfect. Amen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

U are talking very stupid,drunks in the daytime,u are deluded.Homeless,now dont start on that,look at Bangkok

So you are saying there are no drunks in Pattaya beach road during the day?

Do you work for the Thailand Travel Board per chance. Deluded as they come.

Pattaya is a country made for westerners , its not a part of Thailand. Thats why westerners either love it or hate it.

But if you're looking for cheap girls,booze, sex and western food its perfect. Amen.

A man with his eyes wide open, well done sir.

Bangkok Thais are number 1 for property purchase in Pattaya,mainly due to the floods and pollution of Bangkok,so where do u get SOME tHAIS wont talk about Pattaya,is that 1,2 or 3 thais have have spoken with.

btw

Pattaya is not a country,and the place is flooded with non westerners,where do u get this utter drivel from

Bangkok Thais are number 1 for property purchase in Pattaya,mainly due to the floods and pollution of Bangkok,so where do u get SOME tHAIS wont talk about Pattaya,is that 1,2 or 3 thais have have spoken with.

btw

Pattaya is not a country,and the place is flooded with non westerners,where do u get this utter drivel from

Where do YOU get this utter drivel from. I know some Thai's who bought yes, ONLY because of the floods, not mainly. They NEVER use their home they bought there, EVER as they hate Pattaya but it made sense to buy there. Talk about putting spin on it to try and win an argument for your beloved sex haven.

Yes i do KNOW his for a FACT as i work in real estate and hospitality here for 15 years!

Pattaya is a big place, there is plenty of stuff there away from the red light areas. Personally, not my cup of tea, but it's got good shopping, good places to eat, amenities and it's only an hour and a bit from Bangkok, so I can see the appeal. Pattaya is not all bad..

Two years when we were there for a week I found that there wasen't really that much in tourist attractions and the public transportation sucked.

Mind you I am spoiled living here in Chiang Mai.wai2.gif

I know some Thai's who bought yes, ONLY because of the floods, not mainly. They NEVER use their home they bought there, EVER as they hate Pattaya but it made sense to buy there.

Hmm. They hate Pattaya but they bought property here as it made sense but they never use the place they bought because they hate it.

This might make sense to you but it doesnt make much sense to me.

.... i work in real estate and hospitality here for 15 years!

Ah, this does indeed explain the apparent lack of sense.

• Like 1

Good to see someone putting a truthful and positive spin on living in Pattaya, Thailand.

People don't believe me when I tell them that I see thousands of farang couples holidaying here, and having a wonderful time. I also see plenty of farang couples that either live here or escape the snow here.......and why not? The medical service is decent in emergencies, the cost of living can be what you make it, and you have the sun.

I can think of friends that would be better off here than suffering another European winter, I can't convince them though. That's a shame and the result of relentless sex tourism articles. Even the title of this article could have been "Enjoying Retirement In Thailand" instead of blah blah sex tourism.

Oh well.

" Even the title of this article could have been "Enjoying Retirement In Thailand" instead of blah blah sex tourism. "

Actually there are more than a few odd thoughts/expressions in the article, including the term "sex haven."

"It was like England in the 1950s,” says Felicity. “The children would curtsy to you."

"...Brits are among his most prevalent clientele..."

"When their home in North Wales ... finally sold in 2001, they took it as a sign."

Nice that something sort of positive is being written about Pattaya, but it sounds like a rather badly written secondary school essay by a precocious but pretentious student.

Why would children in an English village curtsy to someone from North Wales?

When their house sold, that was a sign they should move to Thailand?

Very weird.

What are you a "school teacher"...................?????

or just like to criticise........????

Be happy for these people........who obviously are happy.......and positive

Pattaya IS a sex haven, and i cannot understand why these dried up old couples would want to live in Pattaya unless they are in open relationships or into 3-somes etc.

Sir ,you, to coin a phrase ,"do not know your arse from your elbow"

• Like 2

Oh, but I will. Happily. smile.png

You see, you must keep the whole matter in its proper perspective. For every one silly Pattaya basher such as yourself with all sorts of odd notions, there are in fact a thousand Brits living in their miserable council estates who daily dream of how they might live in Pattaya forever.

I predict another great tourist season coming up, assuming the USA doesn't default. smile.png

• Like 1

Oh, but I will. Happily. smile.png

You see, you must keep the whole matter in its proper perspective. For every one silly Pattaya basher such as yourself with all sorts of odd notions, there are in fact a thousand Brits living in their miserable council estates who daily dream of how they might live in Pattaya forever.

I predict another great tourist season coming up, assuming the USA doesn't default. smile.png

anywhere can be a potential crime scene, why pinpoint pattaya only? bangkok can also dangerous sometimes.