ATMs bombed at more than 20 locations in southern provinces

webfact

ATMs bombed at more than 20 locations in southern provinces
By English News

13812890606452.jpg

YALA, Oct 9 -- ATM booths in more than 20 locations in the four southernmost provinces were bombed early this morning with no injuries reported, but one teacher was shot dead as three teacher residences were torched.

Forensic experts and bomb squad teams inspected the scene at a ATM booth at a Yala municipality minimart after the machine was bombed by suspected insurgents.

ATM booths at various banks including Krung Thai, the Islamic Bank, the Government Savings Bank and UOB were reported bombed concurrently across the provinces.

Initial investigation found that all explosive devices were triggered by using Samsung Hero mobile phones.

CCTVs in Yala's Yaha district caught the images of two suspects, a man and a woman on a motorcycle. Police were seeking to question them whether they were involved with the multiple attacks.

Seven ATM booths in Pattani were bombed including one near the governor's residence.

An army ranger base was attacked by gunmen, with one ranger wounded.

Waena Mudor, a teacher at Ban Jae Kreu Ya School, was shot dead at her home in Sai Buri district while three teacher dormitories were torched.

A firetruck was burned and CCTV cameras at a Kapo district intersection were damaged.

In Songkhla, three ATM booths in Saba Yoi, Na Thawi districts and Sakom subdistrict of Thepa were bombed. Police said the homemade explosives were triggered by clocks.

Five ATM booths in Narathiwat were bombed as well. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-09

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHH You just have to love those Islamic extremeists. The religion of peace and love.

Should be "piece" as in blow you to lpieces and "love to kill you".

I reckon reduce the nuclear stockpile and blow the shit out them all and there would be no objections from Russia or China on that one.

Time for cctv and a massive army presence down south.

There already is a large military presence in the south. Sadly this has been so badly handled that their presence only seems to have given the Islamic militants a new target for their guerilla warfare.

The Military seem to be stuck between two stools. They can go in heavy handed and possibly stir up a whole hornet's nest of such attacks or show a more restrained approach and run the ire of Thai nationalists in Bangkok*. No one in Government seems willing to give them a clear directive however.

At the moment their prime role seems to be mopping up the debris after these atrocities and I agree they need to be better utilised.

These are difficult times indeed yet the government seem more concerned with other issues. No doubt in a few months time there'll be more talks in KL with more photo opportunities before it's back to counting the bodies once again from Bangkok.

( please note that I use 'Bangkok' in the primary sense merely as a device to generally mean Thailand away from the troubles)

• Like 1

I believe that this is the biggest coordinated attack down South so far with reference to the ATM machines.

IMO, this is making a statement that they have the organization and capability to do this. It will also put fear into people using the ATM's. One could worry that this will force people into the banks to make their transactions, presenting higher populated targets, but of course that would be pure speculation.

Note that there was a different detonation method used, initially reported that all were detonated using Samsung Hero mobile phones, but later in the same article the ATM attacks in Songkhla were triggered by clocks, possible coordinated attack by different factions.

The natives appear to be more rowdy than normal.

Could someone educate me ... why kill the teachers?

For much the reason they target monks; because they're seen as promoting un-Islamic/anti-Islamic agendas in the eyes of these cretins.

HD ... thanks for the reply ... thumbsup.gif ... have run out of likes for the day.

I'm a bit of a pacifist ... I never understand why they target, who I would describe, as the innocents.

These Muslim jihadist's target young children, teachers, monks collecting alms et al, complete scum.

They may believe the land belongs to them but don't they do that everywhere else in the world where they think they own the land?

I am sure the Thai population don't go out maliciously killing innocent civilians but this minority get away with this behavior with no recrimination from the Thai Army

As a poster above stated, just go out and blow the whole lot away.

The insurgent groups have for a long time claimed that the teachers are representatives of the Thai government. The local language was not used in the Thai government schools & it is claimed the insurgents resent the imposition of Thai-Buddhist curricula and personnel. Do not know if the policy of not teaching in the local language is still in place. The killing of teachers has a high profile propaganda effect for destablisation, stretching the resources of Thai security forces and creating fear.

It is claimed the older generation of the insurgency groups have issued edicts to stop the killing of teachers and civilians, but have been ignored by the armed radicalised younger generation; the Juwae. Local Thai Muslim teachers in the government schools have also been murdered; it looks as though, from the name, the latest murder of a teacher in the OP is also a Thai Muslim

• Like 1

South Crisis
A teacher was killed and ATMs bombed in three provinces

YALA: -- ATM booths in more than 20 locations in the four deep south provinces were bombed early this morning while a teacher was gunned down as three teacher residences were torched.

Forensic experts and bomb squad teams inspected the scene at a ATM booth at a Yala municipality minimart after the machine was bombed by suspected insurgents.

ATM booths at various banks including Krung Thai, the Islamic Bank, the Government Savings Bank and UOB were reported bombed concurrently across the provinces.

Initial investigation found that all explosive devices were triggered by using Samsung Hero mobile phones.

CCTVs in Yala’s Yaha district caught the images of two suspects, a man and a woman on a motorcycle. Police were seeking to question them whether they were involved with the multiple attacks.

Seven ATM booths in Pattani were bombed including one near the governor’s residence. An army ranger base was attacked by gunmen, with one ranger wounded.

Waena Mudor, a teacher at Ban Jae Kreu Ya School, was shot dead at her home in Sai Buri district while three teacher dormitories were torched.

A firetruck was burned and CCTV cameras at a Kapo district intersection were damaged.

In Songkhla, three ATM booths in Saba Yoi, Na Thawi districts and Sakom subdistrict of Thepa were bombed. Police said the homemade explosives were triggered by clocks. Five ATM booths in Narathiwat were bombed as well.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-09

The insurgent groups have for a long time claimed that the teachers are representatives of the Thai government. The local language was not used in the Thai government schools & it is claimed the insurgents resent the imposition of Thai-Buddhist curricula and personnel. Do not know if the policy of not teaching in the local language is still in place. The killing of teachers has a high profile propaganda effect for destablisation, stretching the resources of Thai security forces and creating fear.

It is claimed the older generation of the insurgency groups have issued edicts to stop the killing of teachers and civilians, but have been ignored by the armed radicalised younger generation; the Juwae. Local Thai Muslim teachers in the government schools have also been murdered; it looks as though, from the name, the latest murder of a teacher in the OP is also a Thai Muslim

Thanks for that ... thumbsup.gif

I find it difficult to get my head around it ... sure, I understand the history, but not to the depth that you do.

But Teachers (one either 'side') ... <deleted> ... soft targets ... dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

For much the reason they target monks; because they're seen as promoting un-Islamic/anti-Islamic agendas in the eyes of these cretins.

HD ... thanks for the reply ... thumbsup.gif ... have run out of likes for the day.

I'm a bit of a pacifist ... I never understand why they target, who I would describe, as the innocents.

To scared to pick on someone their own size perhaps. Bullies usually work like that.
  • Like 1

Phew.. For a moment I thought they started bombing foreigners..

They regard Thais as foreigners on Muslim Malay land.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

mlaays themselves are foreigners the orang asli are the natives.

the govt needs to greow some balls and start killing these scum bags, they operate reasonably freely and when they are caught they are released on bail, even the bomb makers. How in the hell are the people supposed to be protected when the army is too sh*t scared to shoot back at them, as I have said before, they need to round these people up as they do know who they are and execute them all. This will stop the killings quickly because all these mongrels are cowards and attack and kill innocent people and when they realize they will be killed they will sh*t themselves and run as far as they can. All muslim radicals target unnarmed civilians because they dont shoot back, they are all low life cowards and do not deserve to live.

Thailand has to choices. 1.Give the provinces to Malaysia who is partially to blame for the "insurgency"

2. No holds barred from the military WITH help from USA and Israel

The current way is useless. These guys don't want autonomy in Thailand. They want out. If Thailand want to keep them, it must be done by force, a force of might and skill, not the pathetic security operation up to today