Thaksin Shinawatra escapes 'terrorism' charge

webfact

That must leave you with less than half a brain as all of those frozen accounts which were libellously published in the media were later cleared and unfrozen.

Wow, had no idea people could actually become so brainwashed as to believe any crap that was served up to them. Almost feel sorry for people who adore rotten to the core maniacs. Almost, but not quite.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, it was by far the funniest thing I had read for quite a while. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And anyone with half a brain, who had spent at least five minutes in Thailand, would know that anything you read in the papers that goes against Thaksin or his PTP party has been "libellously published"... thumbsup.gif

Well, from the man that laps up yellow propaganda with his cornflakes & milk in the morning, could you please offer some concrete evidence to back up these hackneyed claims that Thaksin financed the red shirt uprising?

Are you being serious?

• Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must leave you with less than half a brain as all of those frozen accounts which were libellously published in the media were later cleared and unfrozen.

Wow, had no idea people could actually become so brainwashed as to believe any crap that was served up to them. Almost feel sorry for people who adore rotten to the core maniacs. Almost, but not quite.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, it was by far the funniest thing I had read for quite a while. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And anyone with half a brain, who had spent at least five minutes in Thailand, would know that anything you read in the papers that goes against Thaksin or his PTP party has been "libellously published"... thumbsup.gif

Well, from the man that laps up yellow propaganda with his cornflakes & milk in the morning, could you please offer some concrete evidence to back up these hackneyed claims that Thaksin financed the red shirt uprising?

Your Red School has obviously never played you his 500B speech.

It's all there and freely available in the land of info, if you would care to visit it some time.

• Like 1

More perverted facts from a Redshirt historian, try doing some reading outside "Truth Today". But dont believe me, listen to your own Red leaders.

Thai turmoil was no 'class war'........It should also not be forgotten that the movement was launched on March 12 — two weeks after Thai courts had seized $1.4 billion of assets held in Thai banks of the family of Thaksin Shinawatra..........a local Red Shirt leader in Thailand's rural north-east told German press agency DPA on May 23: "Thaksin spent hundreds of millions of baht to sponsor the protest." Apart from funding from Thaksin, now in exile in Dubai......

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/thai-turmoil-was-no-class-war-20100607-xped.html#ixzz2hUGLKcyh

One core leader of the protests, Jaran Dithapichai, asserted on the stage at the long-running rally that Mr. Thaksin was among people who had given financial support. “What’s wrong with that?” he said. “Rallies have costs, and we need donors.”

Another prominent opposition figure, Maj. Gen. Khattiya Sawatdiphol, who was assassinated May 13, had said repeatedly that he was in contact with Mr. Thaksin, both to give information and receive directions...... “They keep telling people that this fight is not a fight for Thaksin, but everyone here came out to fight for Thaksin,” the general said. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/world/asia/27thai.html?_r=0

July 14 2013...... Thaksin is behind the Red Shirts, giving it financial support and from that the Red Shirts support Thaksin and is used by Thaksin. However, Dr Wang, husband to Red Shirts leader, Thida, have told local Thai press, that Thida, is resigning her leadership of the Red Shirts because she is having to use her own funds, to finance the Red Shirts activity, and that the Red Shirts movement is short of money. http://thaishortnews.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/thaksin-not-behind-red-shirts-as-movement-near-bankrupt/

In addition, one of the Red Shirt supporters also admit publicly with the Bangkok Post that the Red Shirt (UDD) protest funds come from Thaksin. http://realthai.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/thaksin-i-am-not-red-shirt-leader-cnn/

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

How in earth can anyone put that charges to Khun Thaksin! !?? When PAD and MP, s from Demokraic party blocked the main airports and put the country in a very dangeres situation !! Democratic party PM Abhisit and CREST director Suthep responsible for killing 91 people's. Where's the logic and intelligence thinking!!!?? I suppose NON!

How in earth can anyone put that charges to Khun Thaksin! !?? When PAD and MP, s from Demokraic party blocked the main airports and put the country in a very dangeres situation !! Democratic party PM Abhisit and CREST director Suthep responsible for killing 91 people's. Where's the logic and intelligence thinking!!!?? I suppose NON!

Oh, that reminds me, I must wind up the cuckoo clock ............... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, it was by far the funniest thing I had read for quite a while. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And anyone with half a brain, who had spent at least five minutes in Thailand, would know that anything you read in the papers that goes against Thaksin or his PTP party has been "libellously published"... Posted Image

Are you serious? Speak to many red shirts who were joining the rally and ask why they came down to bkk and they'll tell u they were paid.

I can't believe the excuses that the pro-Thaskin come out with. It's if they're brainwashed from their bar girl wives.

• Like 2

The Bangkok Post itself posted on the front page complete details of the vast sums of money that came out of the gangs bank accounts to fuel the riots. Though the courts may rule as such, and to be expected, most people are aware of the truth.

Exactly, except you probably should have added "most people with half a brain are aware of the truth". Even some Thai people I have known for the eight years I have lived in and visited Thailand will tell you what is going on regarding the despot from the Middle East. For some reason the deluded foreigners who jumped on the Thaksin bandwagon when they thought he was a God who would live forever cannot seem to wrap their heads around it. Some people are slow learners or don't have the guts to admit they worship a weasel. whistling.gif

I have no proof of it but it is my belief that a lot of the Thaksin supporters give him credit for the way the economy bloomed in his term as PM. They overlook the fact that the village idiot could have done just as good a job being as it was a world wide affair and he was just riding on the coat tails.

The village idiot would not have robbed them blind either. He was not that smart but with out his control his yes men would have done it instead.

What on earth has genocide got to do with erasing druggies and their ilk? The killing may well have been extra-judicial but it was a great idea and quite a success. Funny how rapidly the opposition embraced the specter of violated 'human rights' as that concept itself is anathema to most of the populace since it mostly goes against their right to sanuk and mai pben rai. Maybe your are referring to indirectly causing the death of non- Buddhist insurgents by suffocation and condoning atrocities by the navy against ethnic minorities fleeing persecution in neighboring countries? Yup, doesn't apply either.

It is quite naive to believe the leader of the Democrats would be hanging around Khlong Tan Nuea if he was the subject of trumped up charges. He may have an Oxford education but he is still a local.

"The killing may well have been extra-judicial but it was a great idea and quite a success."

The fact that 1,500 of them were innocent means nothing to you. Of the rest how many were seriously into it? small time dealers kill them. How about killing you because the guy next to you is smoking a joint. Sound good to you when it is personal?

& as for what "some Thai people I have known" tell you; stop hanging around with Dr. Tul & other members of PEFOT, learn Thai and realise that they represent a pitiful minority.

Welcome back rich teacher. you continually remind me of how bad the education system is with people like you in it. Were you on vacation? With the clone in the PM seat you expected different. Do you also expect the sun to come up in the west?

I neither support nor particularly even like the Yellow Team, so you wasted a shot there. You must be one of the chosen few who don't know what is going on in Thailand these past few years. Do us a favor, go away, study up and then come back with some words of wisdom. Until then do not address any more comments at me because I won't respond to brainwashed trolls.

Are you sure he is brain washed he might be doing his best to be intellagent. Not some one elses fault he can't make the grade. I give him credit for trying.

You think that is illogical. Look at what you are saying on a thread about charges being dropped against Thaksin.

You bring up two cpompletly different topics that have nothing to do with it and one that is false in fact both were false where was the dangerous situation in blocking the airports. They cost Thailand a lot of money and some embarrassment but they did not threaten lives all they did was stop the use of the airports. The military could well have taken to the air to defend Thailand.

If you want to use the word logic try to put it in a logical statement.

The Bangkok Post itself posted on the front page complete details of the vast sums of money that came out of the gangs bank accounts to fuel the riots. Though the courts may rule as such, and to be expected, most people are aware of the truth.

To that add the multiple visits from Red Shirt leaders to Dubai, specially Kattiya who claimed to be taking orders directly from Thaksin.

Let´s see, a deranged general who loved to lob grenades taking his orders from Thaksin, dozens of bomb attacks throughout Bangkok, specially to bank branches that held Thaksins frozen assets... that seems like a pretty good reason to start an investigation on terrorsim.

But no, Thaksin wasn´t in Thailand so he couldn´t possibly be involved on anything, yeah, right.

Let's see; I get a visitor who then goes on to commit a crime. Am I guilty of that crime? Stupid reasoning.

If you are aware, finance or help organise that crime then yes you are.
They should have done him for something less than terrorism.

It has be illegal even in Thailand to fund this type of thing.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Caustic? Hardly. Name one thing the warmonger in chief has achieved so far? At least bush had a plan.as does Dr T. This is what happens when you have 50 million on food stamps and disability . The proles vote for moar moar moar.

Yes, like voting for the rice scheme, and other populist scams policies from PTP.

Thaksin's plan is pretty open - he wants to return, have all convictions and outstanding charges dismissed, all assets returned (with no inquiry how he got them in the first place), take control of his government and turn Thailand into a one party state under his dictatorship for the benefit of his clan. Nothing hidden.

Terrorism was probably the wrong charge. Treason is more realistic. Inciting an uprising - wonder if that's a treasonable offence under Thai law?

It might well be a treasonable offence.But knowing Thaksin I suppose he would somehow manage to award himself a post facto pardon.But of course it's all hypothetical.If that is his intention the odds seem stacked against him.

Whatever you say about his opponents at least they are not cowardly enough to award themselves a pardon if for example they implemented a criminal offence like a coup.Oh wait, that's exactly what the scumbags did.

Exactly, except you probably should have added "most people with half a brain are aware of the truth". Even some Thai people I have known for the eight years I have lived in and visited Thailand will tell you what is going on regarding the despot from the Middle East. For some reason the deluded foreigners who jumped on the Thaksin bandwagon when they thought he was a God who would live forever cannot seem to wrap their heads around it. Some people are slow learners or don't have the guts to admit they worship a weasel. whistling.gif

I have no proof of it but it is my belief that a lot of the Thaksin supporters give him credit for the way the economy bloomed in his term as PM. They overlook the fact that the village idiot could have done just as good a job being as it was a world wide affair and he was just riding on the coat tails.

The village idiot would not have robbed them blind either. He was not that smart but with out his control his yes men would have done it instead.

You see the problem with your argument and what all those with the yellow hue on here have to face is when abhisit became PM he first increased the military budget by 60% and decreased social welfare budgets by 30%.

Thaksin, not exclusively, he cut the mlitary budget and introduced welfare reforms, rubbished by the opposition.

Take your pick.

You have a standing army that only fights it's own people.

To whose benefit?

• Like 2

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, it was by far the funniest thing I had read for quite a while. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

And anyone with half a brain, who had spent at least five minutes in Thailand, would know that anything you read in the papers that goes against Thaksin or his PTP party has been "libellously published"... thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

You want it again. Were you asleep earlier?

You see the problem with your argument and what all those with the yellow hue on here have to face is when abhisit became PM he first increased the military budget by 60% and decreased social welfare budgets by 30%.

Thaksin, not exclusively, he cut the mlitary budget and introduced welfare reforms, rubbished by the opposition.

Take your pick.

To whose benefit?

And here we go again... your either yellow or your red.

It's been said a million times there are many posters here who see faults / serious faults with both sides - because you dislike one group doesn't mean you love the other group.

• Like 2

More perverted facts from a Redshirt historian, try doing some reading outside "Truth Today". But dont believe me, listen to your own Red leaders.

Thai turmoil was no 'class war'........It should also not be forgotten that the movement was launched on March 12 — two weeks after Thai courts had seized $1.4 billion of assets held in Thai banks of the family of Thaksin Shinawatra..........a local Red Shirt leader in Thailand's rural north-east told German press agency DPA on May 23: "Thaksin spent hundreds of millions of baht to sponsor the protest." Apart from funding from Thaksin, now in exile in Dubai......

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/thai-turmoil-was-no-class-war-20100607-xped.html#ixzz2hUGLKcyh

One core leader of the protests, Jaran Dithapichai, asserted on the stage at the long-running rally that Mr. Thaksin was among people who had given financial support. “What’s wrong with that?” he said. “Rallies have costs, and we need donors.”

Another prominent opposition figure, Maj. Gen. Khattiya Sawatdiphol, who was assassinated May 13, had said repeatedly that he was in contact with Mr. Thaksin, both to give information and receive directions...... “They keep telling people that this fight is not a fight for Thaksin, but everyone here came out to fight for Thaksin,” the general said. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/world/asia/27thai.html?_r=0

July 14 2013...... Thaksin is behind the Red Shirts, giving it financial support and from that the Red Shirts support Thaksin and is used by Thaksin. However, Dr Wang, husband to Red Shirts leader, Thida, have told local Thai press, that Thida, is resigning her leadership of the Red Shirts because she is having to use her own funds, to finance the Red Shirts activity, and that the Red Shirts movement is short of money. http://thaishortnews.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/thaksin-not-behind-red-shirts-as-movement-near-bankrupt/

In addition, one of the Red Shirt supporters also admit publicly with the Bangkok Post that the Red Shirt (UDD) protest funds come from Thaksin. http://realthai.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/thaksin-i-am-not-red-shirt-leader-cnn/

I asked for some 'concrete evidence' and you dish up hearsay & rumours. Fortunately the OAG, and anyone who has even a semblance of an idea about law, knows that is worth diddly-squat.

The ruling that Thaksin wasn't a terrorist after sponsoring the red riots and arson is a good one. It sets the stage for the consequences of the foolish actions by the Isaanites to be fully received. Thaksin will soon return to Thailand a free man, and continue turning Thailand into the authoritarian dictatorial state that the voters chose. That they turn their backs on basic human rights,freedom, justice and their children's prosperity is hilarious. That they are too afraid of critical thinking or are unable to make a rational decision for whatever reason worthy of derision. They will be able to regret their stupidity(in silence) but it will be too late by then, as IMO it is too late now. The ball has been set in motion and for the next few generations Thaksin, his family and offspring will be Thailand's rulers. Like Zimbabwe, North Korea,Marcos era Philippines and other family run dictatorships without any checks and balances to the ruling elites power the public will not be content but will have no way to change what they have done. I reserve my right to laugh at the great unwashed masses, and the more suffering the megalomaniac causes, the louder my laughter will be. Can't say they weren't warned. Som num bloody naa.

My sympathy lies with the educated/awake Thais that see what is happening clear as day, but are helplessly watching this slow motion car crash unfold. It must be an awful feeling.

Gee my sympathy is with those Thais too. Must be hard driving in your new BMW to a gentleman's club, while your wife is in an upmarket spa, and your Isaan maid, on less than the minimum wage, is scrubbing your floors. Your kids are out at an overpriced club at RCA preparing to drive home drunk & kill someone before they take over your crooked business that pays no tax and perpetuate the whole #$%@ed-up system.

• Like 1

Thailand is to fair meting out of justice what spiders are to pastry making.

Does this mean if I fund and incite a mob to commandeer downtown Bkk with barricades of petrol soaked tires topped with sharpened bamboo spikes - that I can get off scot free, if I do my business from across the border - via phone calls?

Did anyone follow the money? Unless bank employees were refusing to cooperate with authorities, it would be relatively easy to find out where all that money was coming from - which was used to fund the mob take-overs of 2009 and 2010.

I have a personal challenge going on now with lawyers and Thai police detectives. They're supposed to be assisting me in uncovering culprits in a heist, but they're worse than incompetent. Inept and corrupt are the nicest adjectives I can find to describe their work ethic.

• Like 1

It's been said a million times there are many posters here who see faults / serious faults with both sides - because you dislike one group doesn't mean you love the other group.

Yes well I don't see the elites suffering unduly due to this government.

None of their bank accounts have been frozen.

The Abhisit family building empires continue as normal. Suthep, Red Bull, CP foods, the banks etc etc are unhindered.

They get steadily richer. CGT tax at between 2.5% and 6% on property. None on share trading.

Sure the rice merchants are suffering and the rubber johnnies in the south had their hired thugs but they got what they wanted.

They confiscated Thaskin's wealth but that didn't achieve what they hoped for. The end of the red shirts.

Don't forget socialism is banned in Thailand.

Imagine that Dennis Healey was the finance minister and he wanted to tax the rich until "their pips squeaked!"

Then would you have a "justifiable" coup for the rich?

Speaking as someone who hates Taksin and hopes that one day he gets put in prison for his misdeeds, I do have to say I think the "terrorism" charge was a joke. Charge him with something appropriate to the crime, however.

The words "terrorist" and "terrorism" are grossly over- and mis-used these days. And the new special (unlawful) laws for a supposed terrorist act are draconian and can get you kidnapped and secretly locked away in a torture chamber by your own government without a warrant, due process or legal representation.

Yes, there's definitely a terrorist problem throughout the world, but not anything near as bad as the hysteria makes it appear. And as a consequence many people are very willing to give up their civil liberties and privacy ... and every time they do the terrorists win again, and again, ... and

Take your pick.

To whose benefit?

And here we go again... your either yellow or your red.

Doesn't really matter which side one chooses as a farang. What he explains is possibly why clearly the rural vote goes to Thaksin.

Exactly, as I have pointed out on many occasions. The problem is that the brainwashed ones looking at life through red tinted glasses have run out of lame excuses for the atrocities committed by their megalomaniac hero and his band of redshirt terrorists so they fall back on this dumb argument that anyone who hates Thaksin and co. are Yellow to the core.

There are two or three chronic red supporters on this forum who are guilty of this. What do you have to do to get through to them ?

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who hates Taksin and hopes that one day he gets put in prison for his misdeeds, I do have to say I think the "terrorism" charge was a joke. Charge him with something appropriate to the crime, however.

The words "terrorist" and "terrorism" are grossly over- and mis-used these days. And the new special (unlawful) laws for a supposed terrorist act are draconian and can get you kidnapped and secretly locked away in a torture chamber by your own government without a warrant, due process or legal representation.

Yes, there's definitely a terrorist problem throughout the world, but not anything near as bad as the hysteria makes it appear. And as a consequence many people are very willing to give up their civil liberties and privacy ... and every time they do the terrorists win again, and again, ... and

Perhaps he will be proven to being a 'terrorist' perhaps not. It's up to a court of law to decide. Unfortunately, it's not possible to get any objective jurists in Thailand. They're all riven with alliances and fears (of offending VIP's). I followed the news closely, and I think T could be found guilty of treason - though again, you wouldn't find any even-handed jurists to deal with such a case. The risk of repercussions are too real. If 'terrorism' appears to harsh a category, how about 'inciting a riot' - if that charge exists within Thai law.

Interesting that Se Dang was murdered right at the end of the 2010 protest. He was the one man, more than any other, who could have implicated T in seriously breaking the law. SD already had a reputation as a big-mouthed loose cannon. It's a no-brainer who ordered his murder.

• Like 1

Exactly, as I have pointed out on many occasions. The problem is that the brainwashed ones looking at life through red tinted glasses have run out of lame excuses for the atrocities committed by their megalomaniac hero and his band of redshirt terrorists so they fall back on this dumb argument that anyone who hates Thaksin and co. are Yellow to the core.

There are two or three chronic red supporters on this forum who are guilty of this. What do you have to do to get through to them ?

So would you describe yourself as an unbiased middle of the road observer of Thai politics?

• Like 1

The ruling that Thaksin wasn't a terrorist after sponsoring the red riots and arson is a good one. It sets the stage for the consequences of the foolish actions by the Isaanites to be fully received. Thaksin will soon return to Thailand a free man, and continue turning Thailand into the authoritarian dictatorial state that the voters chose. That they turn their backs on basic human rights,freedom, justice and their children's prosperity is hilarious. That they are too afraid of critical thinking or are unable to make a rational decision for whatever reason worthy of derision. They will be able to regret their stupidity(in silence) but it will be too late by then, as IMO it is too late now. The ball has been set in motion and for the next few generations Thaksin, his family and offspring will be Thailand's rulers. Like Zimbabwe, North Korea,Marcos era Philippines and other family run dictatorships without any checks and balances to the ruling elites power the public will not be content but will have no way to change what they have done. I reserve my right to laugh at the great unwashed masses, and the more suffering the megalomaniac causes, the louder my laughter will be. Can't say they weren't warned. Som num bloody naa.

My sympathy lies with the educated/awake Thais that see what is happening clear as day, but are helplessly watching this slow motion car crash unfold. It must be an awful feeling.

Gee my sympathy is with those Thais too. Must be hard driving in your new BMW to a gentleman's club, while your wife is in an upmarket spa, and your Isaan maid, on less than the minimum wage, is scrubbing your floors. Your kids are out at an overpriced club at RCA preparing to drive home drunk & kill someone before they take over your crooked business that pays no tax and perpetuate the whole #$%@ed-up system.

So you believe that the 'educated awake' all have the quality of life and the family connections of ...." Must be hard driving in your new BMW to a gentleman's club, while your wife is in an upmarket spa, and your Isaan maid, on less than the minimum wage, is scrubbing your floors. Your kids are out at an overpriced club at RCA preparing to drive home drunk & kill someone before they take over your crooked business that pays no tax and perpetuate the whole #$%@ed-up system."

Well that's show your ignorance quite nicely, there is a growing sector who have better education (not at international schools, not abroad) who are realizing what's happening and are starting to talk about it in selected situations.

The sad thing is that 99% are frightened to speak out more openly. A sizeable number of this sector will, in selected company, quietly talk about the disparity in income, the lack of equal opportunity, the lack of equal or any justice for all.

One such sector are the middle class students currently doing their masters degree studies in English. I know, I teach many of them. Slowly more and more of these folks want to talk and discuss. Another point, I often heard the comment: 'I wish I understood more clearly how democracy should work etc.'

In one such discussion (never in the classroom) one young guy asked me to share some details about how democracy should work.

I made the point that all business enterprises should have a long term vision (with some macro targets) and a long-term macro level strategy of how to get there.

I then offered the analogy of a civil society; build and agree a picture (a vision) of what you want it to look like, and then define what needs building, what needs change etc., etc., to achieve the agreed vision of a civil society.

I further explained this is what is meant (in theory) by party policy, which in Thailand basically doesn't exist.

Please, I know just as well as anybody that democracy is far from perfect and is manipulated in any country, some much more than others, and in some countries the checks and balances are stronger and are enforced, and in some countries the checks and balances are deliberately destroyed.

• Like 1

So you believe that the 'educated awake' all have the quality of life and the family connections of ...." Must be hard driving in your new BMW to a gentleman's club, while your wife is in an upmarket spa, and your Isaan maid, on less than the minimum wage, is scrubbing your floors. Your kids are out at an overpriced club at RCA preparing to drive home drunk & kill someone before they take over your crooked business that pays no tax and perpetuate the whole #$%@ed-up system."

Well that's show your ignorance quite nicely, there is a growing sector who have better education (not at international schools, not abroad) who are realizing what's happening and are starting to talk about it in selected situations.

The sad thing is that 99% are frightened to speak out more openly. A sizeable number of this sector will, in selected company, quietly talk about the disparity in income, the lack of equal opportunity, the lack of equal or any justice for all.

One such sector are the middle class students currently doing their masters degree studies in English. I know, I teach many of them. Slowly more and more of these folks want to talk and discuss. Another point, I often heard the comment: 'I wish I understood more clearly how democracy should work etc.'

In one such discussion (never in the classroom) one young guy asked me to share some details about how democracy should work.

I made the point that all business enterprises should have a long term vision (with some macro targets) and a long-term macro level strategy of how to get there.

I then offered the analogy of a civil society; build and agree a picture (a vision) of what you want it to look like, and then define what needs building, what needs change etc., etc., to achieve the agreed vision of a civil society.

I further explained this is what is meant (in theory) by party policy, which in Thailand basically doesn't exist.

Please, I know just as well as anybody that democracy is far from perfect and is manipulated in any country, some much more than others, and in some countries the checks and balances are stronger and are enforced, and in some countries the checks and balances are deliberately destroyed.

Thaksin & PT are well supported by all sections of Thai society, bar the Bangkok old money, some military heads & the south. They came extremely close to winning Bangkok and have strong support from many top academics. Therefore I am wondering who these 'educated/awake Thais' are.

Edited by Rich teacher