Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 2013 Thailand

ll2

I thought it is better to open a seperate thread about these beautiful ducatis as i am sure there will be some peogple buying them.

Last 2 days, i am checking every single video and review about these bikes and mostly all say good things.

I am really tempted although not a big fan of motards as price is right at 499 k - 549 k THB and these offer humane levels of ergonomics especially hyperstrada.

Seen these bikes with my own eyes and all looks perfect especially hyperstrada is a good option as it gives the bike more flexibility.

Only downsides are non adjustable - and soft according to the reviews - fork and little cramped ergonomics - of course better on hyperstrada.

I am waiting for the new honda cbr650 inline four and its specs and i will decide on ducati hypermotard/hyperstrada or cbr650 during december and will buy one of them. I will commute a lot on one of these, tour long distances and go for track days. Lets see which one. It might be hard to commute on hypermotard. Any recommendations or ideas?

So please share information about ducati hypermotard/hyperstrada here seperately so we can fully focus on these bikes.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13814665254771_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1381466544519_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/

I strongly recommend everybody who is interested in purchasing a new Hyper...... 820 to spend many hours on this side before making a decision.

Have fun reading!

Why this site ? Bad reviews ? Good reviews ? Good information ? When you say strongly recommend before buying it sounds like you are sounding a warning , is this your intent ?

Edited by maamoot
  • Like 1

Half a million Baht to get something that is not really anything. it also has the wrong number of cylnders, can't take corners without one doubting of his life, and can't pass (within the real meaning of the word). It is also too heavvy for a dirt bike, and to expensive to be an all-purpose motard bike that you leave parked outside when crasdhing at some friend's apartment. Ducati just want to ride the motard fashion but they base on their brand, not product, that they don't have

Suggestion: wait for the Honda that you like or any other realistic, good looking, non-vibrating road bike,

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Half a million Baht to get something that is not really anything. it also has the wrong number of cylnders, can't take corners without one doubting of his life, and can't pass withing real maning of the world. It is also too heavvy for a dirt bike, and to complicated to be an all-purpose motard bike. Ducati just want to ride the mothard fashion but base on their brand, not product.

Suggestion: wait for the Honda that you like or any other realistic, good looking, non-vibrating road bike,

My suggestion would be a pint of water, couple of paracetamol and don't make the air con too cold. You'll feel much better in the morning :)

• Like 1

My suggestion would be a pint of water, couple of paracetamol and don't make the air con too cold. You'll feel much better in the morning smile.png

I've got plenty thanks smile.png

Now for the facts, a a random score from this year S1 supermoto championship, or pick any other result you want.

QUALIFYING RACE GROUP 1 (TOP TEN) : Mauno Hermunen (BUL-TM) 19:30.528; 2. Ivan Lazzarini (ITA-Honda) +0:00.837; 3. Thomas Chareyre (FRA-TM) +0:00.979; 4. Bernd Hiemer (GER-KTM) +0:17.165; 5. Tomas Travnicek (CZE-TM) +0:27.217; 6. Asseri Kingelin (FIN-Honda) +0:32.466; 7. Rudolf Bauer (AUT-KTM) +0:51.828; 8. Andreas Buschberger (AUTj-KTM) +1:01.394; 9. Davey Todd (GBR-KTM) +1:05.360; 10. Kevin Fagre (SWEj-TM) +1:06.583.

Hmm.. where's Ducati? Yes on list of sponsor there is.

Edited by paz

I think the new Ninja 1000 is pretty appealing at 629K as opposed to the Hypermotard- yeah, it weighs 60lbs more, but that's not that much on the street, and it offers so much more performance.

I was thinking the same. For those planning to pay extra for the Hyperstrada instead of the Hypermotard due to it being more of a sports-tourer it would make more sense to pay a bit more for the Z1000SX.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I think the new Ninja 1000 is pretty appealing at 629K as opposed to the Hypermotard- yeah, it weighs 60lbs more, but that's not that much on the street, and it offers so much more performance.

I was thinking the same. For those planning to pay extra for the Hyperstrada instead of the Hypermotard due to it being more of a sports-tourer it would make more sense to pay a bit more for the Z1000SX.

I think they are completely different bikes. The average person in the market for a Hyper wouldn't consider a Ninja 1000. The Hypermotard is a great fun weekend toy for blasting along some back roads. I can't wait for the 110 bhp testatretta engine to be offered in the new Monster. Hopefully in 2014.

• Like 2

What is it with all the fugly bikes nowadays? I'll wait for the new Honda as I prefer to spend my money on something of quality (hence Kawa or Ducati will never see any of my cash).

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally agree with you Bung.

I am getting my Hypermotard next month - already made the down payment. I am looking for a light and unique bike with a hooligan touch that handles well in Bkk traffic and that I can take for fun and exciting weekend trips. If I want to do longer distances on it I will simply install a touring seat, windscreen and luggage rack on it. I believe it to be a versatile platform with great safety features and most important of all FUN. If you are looking for a dull mainstream bike for commuting and worry about resale value more than anything else just get your Honda and be happy with it. I am looking for something more though when I hop on my bike after a boring week at the office.

• Like 2

I'm considering one myself. Great bike by all accounts. Probably go for the strada and take the screen and luggage off when not needed. I reckon it's worth the extra and you would pay a lot more if you wanted to buy the parts. Either way you would want the touring seat for any long trips.

Was at ducati viphavadi yesterday to sit on the bikes and to look them closely.

Shop looks perfect with free nice coffee and water. Liked how they hanged the 100 k thb pipes on then metal wall.

Both motard and strada looks perfect and high quality. Really feel like i am inlove:)

But i am inclining forward to huperstrada as it has more value plus a better knob adjustable rear shock - hypermotard shock is not gas and it is a morr simple unit - but has a lower, simpler and softer fork than hypermotard.

Sat on both bikes and both my feet was flat on ground on strada but they said it is low seat installed on both bikes. With hypermotard can place both feet but not the sole only the balls of my foot.

Other setback for me are the seats. Very hard and cannot move back and forth. Like you are sitting on the tank and windshield into your face like you can bite it:) It was worst on hyperstrada.

Touring with hyperstrada will not be super convenient for sure like a traditional touring bike. But an aftermarket seat can fix this.

Also let my gf sat on my back and bikea are totally fine two up - of course my gf is tiny at 40 kg.

Also if you are thinking like buying hypermotard and install panniers, screen etc later please think twice as the cost of extras on hyperstrada is around 100 k thb as i calculated from part prices from ducati thailand also hyperstrada has a better rear shock.

I cannot comment on reliability of ducati but honda for sure has better record on this. Also i find honda designs of course less exciting than ducati but honda designs mostly are more mature and you do not get bored fast from it.

So i decided to wait end of november to see new honda cbr650r and its spec first before moving forward on one of them.

But simply, great looking bikes and even my gf liked it a lot although she heard the price!

Forget the photos.

Also test ride of hypermotard/strada wilk start on 8th or 9th of November.

Want to test ride it for sure.

post-184955-13817273773641_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817273961053_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1381727416595_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1381727432938_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817274496318_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817274653628_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817274863755_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817275064947_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817275219603_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817275350904_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13817275879218_thumb.jpg

post-184955-138172760494_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What is it with all the fugly bikes nowadays? I'll wait for the new Honda as I prefer to spend my money on something of quality (hence Kawa or Ducati will never see any of my cash).

Seen you bashing brands for no reason for quite a time, if you could give us break, thank you.

Half a million Baht to get something that is not really anything. it also has the wrong number of cylnders, can't take corners without one doubting of his life, and can't pass (within the real meaning of the word). It is also too heavvy for a dirt bike, and to expensive to be an all-purpose motard bike that you leave parked outside when crasdhing at some friend's apartment. Ducati just want to ride the motard fashion but they base on their brand, not product, that they don't have

Just wondering - have you ridden the Hypermotard already or where do you base your claims on? I found your statement about cornering particularly amusing. I would like to invite you to watch this video and rethink your statement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb36RqHdA00

I've not driven that bike. But I've been familiar with Ducatis for 35 years now, that seem enough to form an opinion. Mine is that except for the top of the line super sport, all the others are not worth the effort, and the bike is subject is really no more than an slightly evolved Monster That is just my options as you have your own, etc.

Edited by paz

So you've not ridden the bike, just "familiar" with the brand? But you somehow form an opinion on how It handles to the point of saying you will be "doubting your life" and it can't pass? Huh? It's a 110hp motorbike, I think it can pass in the blink of an eye!

You say it's "not worth the effort" and everyone should buy a nice bland Honda........ What a boring and unexciting world you must inhabit.

• Like 1

So you've not ridden the bike, just "familiar" with the brand? But you somehow form an opinion on how It handles to the point of saying you will be "doubting your life" and it can't pass? Huh? It's a 110hp motorbike, I think it can pass in the blink of an eye!

I've certainly exaggerated for the sake of an healty banter. However if I'm not wrong these bikes have a 796 engine meaning nominal 81 HP at the crank, not exactly a fist shaking figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_Hypermotard

One reason why these bikes leave me yawning is because they are mostly unchanged Pantah's (introduced in 1980).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_Pantah

Great bikes at the time and won races too, buit a little long in the teeth now. To impress me Ducati should sell what they use to race, that is 4 cylinders not 2. Here's an article comparing that racing engine with a "boring Honda" one.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/01/technical-analysis-90-degree-v-four-engine-motogp-racing-technology/

A Honda fan claiming that Ducati bikes are ugly while Honda makes the most boring looking bikes (not to say 'ugly') in the market. How can the likes of a NC700X, CBR 250 or FB6 (to name just a few) ever compete with the design of a Ducati Monster, Multistrada or Hypermotard? Seriously - get real dude. The only reason why Honda can sell their bikes so cheap is because they don't spend any notable money on design. They are light years behind Ducati and most other motorcycle brands in this aspect.

And claiming that Kawasaki and Ducati motorcycles are of low quality is just plain ignorant if not offensive. Me and many of my friends own a ER-6N, Versys, Ninja or KLX in Thailand and take them for tours all over South East Asia. I can't remember a single one of them ever complaining about the quality of their bike. I can however remember Honda recalling many of their CBR250's last year due to engine/brake issues (type 'cbr 250 recall engine' on google.com and you will see what I'm talking about). Why don't you try thinking before writing something next time Wong!?

I'm a Ducati owner, but thinking about getting a new Z800 for street duties

A Honda fan claiming that Ducati bikes are ugly while Honda makes the most boring looking bikes (not to say 'ugly') in the market. How can the likes of a NC700X, CBR 250 or FB6 (to name just a few) ever compete with the design of a Ducati Monster, Multistrada or Hypermotard? Seriously - get real dude. The only reason why Honda can sell their bikes so cheap is because they don't spend any notable money on design. They are light years behind Ducati and most other motorcycle brands in this aspect.

And claiming that Kawasaki and Ducati motorcycles are of low quality is just plain ignorant if not offensive. Me and many of my friends own a ER-6N, Versys, Ninja or KLX in Thailand and take them for tours all over South East Asia. I can't remember a single one of them ever complaining about the quality of their bike. I can however remember Honda recalling many of their CBR250's last year due to engine/brake issues (type 'cbr 250 recall engine' on google.com and you will see what I'm talking about). Why don't you try thinking before writing something next time Wong!?

I'm a Ducati owner, but thinking about getting a new Z800 for street duties

Caveat: My 999S is not getting sold either :D

• Like 1

One thing is for sure ducatis are not made for city riding especially not here. You need to ride them openly the faster the better and the grin on your face will never leave.

Edited by Hili
  • Like 1

@Paz

I've certainly exaggerated for the sake of an healty banter. However if I'm not wrong these bikes have a 796 engine meaning nominal 81 HP at the crank, not exactly a fist shaking figure.

http://en.wikipedia....ati_Hypermotard

I think you got the models (796 vs 821) mixed up somehow. The 2013 Hypermotard has a 821cc engine that produces 110 HP (75 HP in 'urban' riding mode). I can recommend this article to anyone interested in this motorcycle - plenty of useful info there:
http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/ducati/2013-ducati-hypermotard-ar137963.html

One thing is for sure ducatis are not made for city riding especially not here. You need to ride them openly the faster the better and the grin on your face will never leave.

Which Ducati are you referring to? My 796 Hypermotard is a perfect city bike and just as good for a 2-3hr stretch, over that and a stretch/coffee is needed.

• Like 1