Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 2013 Thailand

ll2

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UncleJ, which one did you sit on? The Hypermotard or the Hyperstrada? I believe they have different seats, at least in the US they do. Most road tests that I have read online actually praise the seat of the Hyperstrada. I'll be test riding one before I get back to Thailand. Our local (40 miles away) dealer has a demo Hyperstrada.

The most uncomfortable bike I ever sat on. Last years model was not so bad. This one really has you perched up over the fuel tank.

The Streetfighter feels right.

Hmm that's weird - according to about every review I read about this motorcycle (30 or more in total) it's supposed to be the other way round. This years model should be much more comfortable than the last one. When I sat on the Hypermotard today it felt upright and quite nice (am 1,84m). The seat is certainly not made for long distance touring but I won't know for sure until I haven't taken the bike out for a longer ride.

I went to Ducati Thonglor again today. According to the salesperson there they have more orders for the Hypermotard than the Hyperstrada. A fact I found surprising considering the seat height on the Hypermotard (Thais are not the tallest people in the world). I also inquired about the seat height on the Hypermotard and Hyperstrada. The bikes they are selling here seem to be 'southeast asia versions' with lowered seat height (2cm less on the motard and 4cm less on the strada). On the motard this seems to be achieved by installing a thinner/lower seat while on the strada this is done by suspension lowering! I also saw this sticker on both models:
post-127363-0-01769600-1383131462_thumb.
In German, Spanish and French it says 'vehicle with lowered chassis...'
Not quite sure what to make of this. I hope it wont affect the handling of the bikes! I tried to get more info out of the salesguy but he didn't seem to know.
Does anybody have more info on this by chance?

Edited by Matty78

Many reviews I've read from owners of both the new and previous Hypermotard on Ducati forums also say the new seat isn't as comfortable as it isn't as wide or padded, I hope to get down to Ducati soon to test it out for myself. Been offered 425k trade-in price for my 2011 796 Hyper but will cost me another 150k to get it to the same spec as mine has a lot of upgrades so doubt I'll bother as the only thing I really want is the ABS which isn't worth paying 225k for!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I went to Ducati Thonglor again today. According to the salesperson there they have more orders for the Hypermotard than the Hyperstrada. A fact I found surprising considering the seat height on the Hypermotard (Thais are not the tallest people in the world). I also inquired about the seat height on the Hypermotard and Hyperstrada. The bikes they are selling here seem to be 'southeast asia versions' with lowered seat height (2cm less on the motard and 4cm less on the strada). On the motard this seems to be achieved by installing a thinner/lower seat while on the strada this is done by suspension lowering! I also saw this sticker on both models:

attachicon.gif20131030_123122.jpg

In German, Spanish and French it says 'vehicle with lowered chassis...'

Not quite sure what to make of this. I hope it wont affect the handling of the bikes! I tried to get more info out of the salesguy but he didn't seem to know.

Does anybody have more info on this by chance?

My Multistrada also had a lowered seat when I bought it at Thonglo. I only foundd out later because the seat was very uncomfortable, flat and hard. Swapped it (bought) for a DP one and have been a very happy biker since.

so whats the actual seat height of the hypermotard asian version? i might be lucky with my short feet Posted Image

its 850mm. I'm 1,84m and can't flat foot on both sides...

K thanks so that's way to high for me. Have to wait for the new monster than.

so whats the actual seat height of the hypermotard asian version? i might be lucky with my short feet smile.png

its 850mm. I'm 1,84m and can't flat foot on both sides...

I'm waiting for the new Monster as well. I'm guessing (hoping!) it will have the new engine and the single sided swingarm. That would be an awesome machine :)

Have you heard anything on release dates etc?

I'm waiting for the new Monster as well. I'm guessing (hoping!) it will have the new engine and the single sided swingarm. That would be an awesome machine smile.png

The new monster will have the new testaretta 11° motor 1200cc. There will be a normal 135hp and a S 145hp version; S version with oehlins suspensions, termis etc. rumored price around 16k euros :) Just wait until next Tuesday Ducati will officaly release its details.

However some teasing pics are here

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-monster-eicma-twitter-teaser/

I'm waiting for the new Monster as well. I'm guessing (hoping!) it will have the new engine and the single sided swingarm. That would be an awesome machine smile.png

The new monster will have the new testaretta 11° motor 1200cc. There will be a normal 135hp and a S 145hp version; S version with oehlins suspensions, termis etc. rumored price around 16k euros smile.png Just wait until next Tuesday Ducati will officaly release its details.

New Monster will be shown at the EICMA starting at Nov 7. By nxt week we should have the technical info and pics.

http://www.eicma.it/en/

---they might even show the new Scrambler

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-scrambler-2015/?+Rubber%29

Edited by Nickymaster

The new monster will have the new testaretta 11° motor 1200cc. There will be a normal 135hp and a S 145hp version; S version with oehlins suspensions, termis etc. rumored price around 16k euros smile.png Just wait until next Tuesday Ducati will officaly release its details.

New Monster will be shown at the EICMA starting at Nov 7. By nxt week we should have the technical info and pics.

http://www.eicma.it/en/

---they might even show the new Scrambler

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-scrambler-2015/?+Rubber%29

I see a cast swingarm on the Scrambler...cheap b**tards

Thanks for the link.

Holy cow, 78.000 Ringit, that's roufly 760K baht.

I guess not many will be sold in Malaysia then.

I just checked Ducati Denmark web page for fun.

The Hypermotard cost +1.1 mill baht and they even write order quikly as they expect it to sell fast.

The Strada cost + 1.2 mill baht

The Hypermotard SP cost app. 600K baht but for track use only, no regrestration (no plate) which is app. 200% on top.

This is off-course not of much interest for most people here on TV but I though you guys/girls should know that not all here find bikes/cars expensive in Thailand.smile.png

http://www.fimotorcykler.dk/ducati-modeller.html

Thanks for the link.

The Hypermotard cost +1.1 mill baht and they even write order quikly as they expect it to sell fast.

The Hypermotard SP cost app. 600K baht but for track use only, no regrestration (no plate) which is app. 200% on top.

This is off-course not of much interest for most people here on TV but I though you guys/girls should know that not all here find bikes/cars expensive in Thailand.smile.png

That's the price you Danes pay for a far superior healthcare and pension scheme, oh and pickled herrings biggrin.png

• Like 2

I'm not talking about the seat comfort. I'm talking about the riding position. Terrible. Sitting on the front 1/3 of the bike.

The Streetfighter 848 or Diavel s probably their most ergonomic bike in the lineup, no?

I sat on the 795 the other day. Dreadfully uncomfortable for me. Knackers squashed into the tank and my head felt like it was almost over the headlight. Beautifully made though.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, it's all relative.

I just happened to come across an Austrian bike magazine, the Hypermotard in Austria starts at 570,000 Baht... 70k more than in Thailand.

I ordered my Hypermotard one day after the launch event and was supposed to get it next week. Went to the Ducati Thonglor showroom yesterday just to be told that my bike will arrive 2-3 weeks later than anticipated. The test ride was also supposed to be available yesterday, latest today and has been postponed to the 17.11.. Not impressed by the customer service I must say - nobody called to inform me and the only reason they could give me was 'motorcycle registration problems' (whatever that means). Totally sucks...

Yes, they told me that they ll be calling me for the test ride today. Nobody called. Want to test ride it before auto show.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I ordered my Hypermotard one day after the launch event and was supposed to get it next week. Went to the Ducati Thonglor showroom yesterday just to be told that my bike will arrive 2-3 weeks later than anticipated. The test ride was also supposed to be available yesterday, latest today and has been postponed to the 17.11.. Not impressed by the customer service I must say - nobody called to inform me and the only reason they could give me was 'motorcycle registration problems' (whatever that means). Totally sucks...

LOL I am not surprised. But I can top your experience with mine, I went to Ducati CM today and asked and they didn't know. Nothing about it being 2-3 weeks late etc.

That said a friend of mine said the official launch date is end of November so I am hoping that will hold. I always had a feeling the idea it would come in the first 2 weeks was just overly optimistic sales people. Maybe Ducati told them that that would be the earliest possible date. In the history of product launches, I don't think I've seen any that came early (but I've seen many that were late...)

They have a demo model in the phuket dealer, but it's just for show not for testing, they seemed pretty convinced that mine would arrive at the end of november, however i've been here before, my 848 was around 6 weeks late after waiting 3 months already, so i won't be holding my breath, just as long as it gets here!

They have a demo model in the phuket dealer, but it's just for show not for testing, they seemed pretty convinced that mine would arrive at the end of november, however i've been here before, my 848 was around 6 weeks late after waiting 3 months already, so i won't be holding my breath, just as long as it gets here!

Ducati has a history of over promising and under delivering in Thailand so yeah, I do hope for end of Nov but would not be surprised to see that date slip to xmas.

Kawasaki is the opposite, new bikes always tended to come early... Oh, well!

Duc CM had a demo hypermotard and a demo hyperstrada but the motard has now disappeared from the showroom... no idea why.

Edited by nikster