Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 2013 Thailand

ll2

Yeah I won't get it right away - stock is pretty nice as has been said, and I am guessing stock will be enough power for me for a while to come.

Also, I could buy a second Vespa for that money instead...

110 bhp is plenty! i cant wait to get my hands on it!

• Like 1

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducati hyperstrada and hypermotard test ride today at dennaramit park close to central lad phrao bangkok.

Finally will have a chance to test the riding position and fueling of the bikes 30 minutes later!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13846705951504_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13846706176587_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13846706559822_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13846706885476_thumb.jpg

@ll2 jealous!! Let me know how it was!

@liddelljohn compared to what we had in Thailand just 5 years ago, selection is just fantastic. I think the motard is gorgeous, the strada too if you take off those ugly bags.

@woli1 yeah mine will be delivered on the 18th as well but they somehow figured it wouldn't be ready for pick up the same day. I don't really know why. Do they really have to "charge the battery"? Sounds odd...

@liddelljohn compared to what we had in Thailand just 5 years ago, selection is just fantastic. I think the motard is gorgeous, the strada too if you take off those ugly bags.

@woli1 yeah mine will be delivered on the 18th as well but they somehow figured it wouldn't be ready for pick up the same day. I don't really know why. Do they really have to "charge the battery"? Sounds odd...

Hi Nikster,

I guess they have to assemble some mall parts like mirrors, connect batterie, and do some checks.

i was Nr5 on the Hypermotard as I ordered in Pattaya, I think they get minimum 10bikes Tomorrow,

I arrive in Pattaya on Saturday, does anybody know if the Immigration in Jomtien is open on Saturday?

Hi Nikster,

I guess they have to assemble some mall parts like mirrors, connect batterie, and do some checks.

i was Nr5 on the Hypermotard as I ordered in Pattaya, I think they get minimum 10bikes Tomorrow,

I arrive in Pattaya on Saturday, does anybody know if the Immigration in Jomtien is open on Saturday?

Not it's closed, sorry. On Monday they will be open, hope you can wait that longbiggrin.png

It was a nicely organised test ride.

Bikes are good.

Test hyperstrada 2 times and hypermotard once.

Fueling was ok at hyperstrada but hypermotard fueling was so glitchy although engines are same. Hypermotard fueling was never stable at idle with a tendency to stall. Maybe it was a test bike and have some problems, not sure. Fueling was smooth at hyperstrada though - of course above 5000 rpm it felt better.

Hyperstrada was better. It is low, easy to manage. Hypermotard is feeling heavy due to the high stance and high center of gravity.

Also rear shock at strada is a lot better. Strada sits to the road much more better and i found it more stable with a better handling.

Sitting position is not that bad. I found it comfy but catch myself sitting on pillion seat:) you can tuck a bit on the bike.

Overall, if i buy, i buy strada for sure. Better value and better handling.

Bikes are set to urban but changes it to touring as urban setting is boring and difference is great.

Cool bikes man.

Guys getting their bikes soon. Please post your impressions here.

Is there anyone received hypermotard or strada?

I remember some people got their bikes yesterday.

And updates? Lats night i had a dream like riding the hyperstrada nicely!

Please someone post an impression here.

I went to Ducati Pattaya on 3rd road this morning.

2 new hypermotard outside the shop and I was told they got them yesterday.

1 new hyperstada outside the shop without the side bags on red plates for test riding.

Both models looks very nice and I had a test sit on both. Despite me being app 186cm and long legs I fell much better on the strada and I like the back support the lowered seat gives too. Better mud guards too.

Both models fells smallish, especially the motard fells like an overgrown moto cross bike, he-he.

I asked for a test ride and was told I can come anytime I want and have a 15min ride but shorts not allowed, lol.

I will most likely go and have a test ride later this week despite my wife don't like that I might start riding big bikes again.

The staff was very polite and helpful and gave us water bottles marked ducati on them.

1000 km service is app 3500 baht and 30.000 km service (change cam belt) 15.000 baht.

I am not sure if I want to spend 550k on a strada, it will only be a toy for me and not many nice bike roads around Pattaya like up in the ChangMai area.

They told us 10 of the 820 are on order and about equal distributed between the 2 models and 1/2 Thai & 1/2 expats.

I forgot to add: The nice sales lady told me it's best to run benzine 95 and only gasohol 95 if the first can't be had, <deleted>?

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Bikes were supposed to arrive in CM today, but didn't. They're expecting them tomorrow. The lower seat on the strada is mainly due to the better seat. I have a lower touring seat on order even though I actually quite liked the extra hard motard seat when testing....

Also ordered the Hyperstrada windshield for the motard. It's about 30% more in Thailand than the USA but comes to about the same if you consider shipping costs from the USA.

I went to Ducati Pattaya on 3rd road this morning.

2 new hypermotard outside the shop and I was told they got them yesterday.

1 new hyperstada outside the shop without the side bags on red plates for test riding.

Both models looks very nice and I had a test sit on both. Despite me being app 186cm and long legs I fell much better on the strada and I like the back support the lowered seat gives too. Better mud guards too.

Both models fells smallish, especially the motard fells like an overgrown moto cross bike, he-he.

I asked for a test ride and was told I can come anytime I want and have a 15min ride but shorts not allowed, lol.

I will most likely go and have a test ride later this week despite my wife don't like that I might start riding big bikes again.

The staff was very polite and helpful and gave us water bottles marked ducati on them.

1000 km service is app 3500 baht and 30.000 km service (change cam belt) 15.000 baht.

I am not sure if I want to spend 550k on a strada, it will only be a toy for me and not many nice bike roads around Pattaya like up in the ChangMai area.

They told us 10 of the 820 are on order and about equal distributed between the 2 models and 1/2 Thai & 1/2 expats.

I forgot to add: The nice sales lady told me it's best to run benzine 95 and only gasohol 95 if the first can't be had, <deleted>?

Correct. (it's best)

My bike is ready today!

But, no time to pick it up as things are a little crazy around here. So I'll do that tomorrow. I got the final price etc today though and first class insurance. Now I am looking for alternatives.

The insurance offered by Ducati through (..... forgot.....) costs 19,500 baht per year. I thought this was OK because well it's a Ducati and it's brand new. It's theft with 80% of new price coverage, which is standard. And pays all damages as 1st class should. But, the deductible is 20,000 Baht. That seems ridiculous even for Ducati prices.

Shopping for bike insurance now if anyone has any tips. I definitely want to get 1st class so I can have peace of mind for the first year. But there's got to be a better deal out there?!

Kawasaki Versys was 15,000 / year + 5,000 deductible and the deductible was so high that you really had to have a bad accident to need the insurance. Never needed it.

Edited by nikster

^

20,000 thb deductible is nonsense! It has to be a cheap insurance what they offer. maybe ducati makes money out of insurance policies as well?smile.png

i am using tokio marine now but i think they do not do for other makers apart from Honda.

Nikster congrats for your bike man!

we need your impressions posted here please!

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

My bike is ready today!

But, no time to pick it up as things are a little crazy around here. So I'll do that tomorrow. I got the final price etc today though and first class insurance. Now I am looking for alternatives.

The insurance offered by Ducati through (..... forgot.....) costs 19,500 baht per year. I thought this was OK because well it's a Ducati and it's brand new. It's theft with 80% of new price coverage, which is standard. And pays all damages as 1st class should. But, the deductible is 20,000 Baht. That seems ridiculous even for Ducati prices.

Shopping for bike insurance now if anyone has any tips. I definitely want to get 1st class so I can have peace of mind for the first year. But there's got to be a better deal out there?!

Kawasaki Versys was 15,000 / year + 5,000 deductible and the deductible was so high that you really had to have a bad accident to need the insurance. Never needed it.

Nikster this is not a bad deal you got from Ducati. I doubt you can get a better (+reliable) offer elsewhere. Let me have a look at what I am paying (+ conditions) for my Multi when I get home. Infact I know it is 20,000THB and 80%. Don't remeber the deductable part but don't forget the price of parts vs a versys or so.

The insurer as quoted me was thaisri.

At the dealer their brochure of accessories showed both a touring seat and a lower seat. Not sure which one is on the hyperstrada??

Was tempted to buy the passenger grab rails mainly to secure my overnight bag but looks like it will ruin the sleek look of the bikes rear.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app