Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 2013 Thailand

ll2

They have a demo model in the phuket dealer, but it's just for show not for testing, they seemed pretty convinced that mine would arrive at the end of november, however i've been here before, my 848 was around 6 weeks late after waiting 3 months already, so i won't be holding my breath, just as long as it gets here!

Ducati has a history of over promising and under delivering in Thailand so yeah, I do hope for end of Nov but would not be surprised to see that date slip to xmas.

Kawasaki is the opposite, new bikes always tended to come early... Oh, well!

Duc CM had a demo hypermotard and a demo hyperstrada but the motard has now disappeared from the showroom... no idea why.

hypermotard and hyperstrada at the Pattaya showroom.

I ordered a hypermotard last week in Pattaya, Im nr. 5 in Pattaya, they told me delivery 3. week of November. (Problems with registration, green book)

Hope thats true, can`t wait anymore.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went by and looked at the hypermotard and hyperstrada at the Pattaya showroom yesterday and they are both beautiful bikes, it's good to see Ducati assembling so many models in Thailand. The girl in the office remembered me, I owned a Monster before and now I have a Diavel. She said that if I wanted to sell my Diavel they could get me an excellent price since delivery wait times are running four months plus for the Diavels and they have three customers who are buying one. No way, I've just had the Diavel for six months but I love it!

I went by and looked at the hypermotard and hyperstrada at the Pattaya showroom yesterday and they are both beautiful bikes, it's good to see Ducati assembling so many models in Thailand. The girl in the office remembered me, I owned a Monster before and now I have a Diavel. She said that if I wanted to sell my Diavel they could get me an excellent price since delivery wait times are running four months plus for the Diavels and they have three customers who are buying one. No way, I've just had the Diavel for six months but I love it!

sorry Off topic, but thought I ask. How is the Diavel in traffic, does it get overly hot? Read in some places that it does overheat quite easily? But then again, you read lots of BS....so first hand experience is surely appreciated. cheers

They have a demo model in the phuket dealer, but it's just for show not for testing, they seemed pretty convinced that mine would arrive at the end of november, however i've been here before, my 848 was around 6 weeks late after waiting 3 months already, so i won't be holding my breath, just as long as it gets here!

Ducati has a history of over promising and under delivering in Thailand so yeah, I do hope for end of Nov but would not be surprised to see that date slip to xmas.

Duc CM had a demo hypermotard and a demo hyperstrada but the motard has now disappeared from the showroom... no idea why.

I bought 2 new bikes from Ducati Thailand and they both arrived 2-3 weeks ahead of time.

I bought 2 new bikes from Ducati Thailand and they both arrived 2-3 weeks ahead of time.

^^ I think he means new model releases.

In my case it were new models

I'm not talking about the seat comfort. I'm talking about the riding position. Terrible. Sitting on the front 1/3 of the bike.

The Streetfighter 848 or Diavel s probably their most ergonomic bike in the lineup, no?

I sat on the 795 the other day. Dreadfully uncomfortable for me. Knackers squashed into the tank and my head felt like it was almost over the headlight. Beautifully made though.

Standard they are very uncomfortable for most of us. You can change it a bit with another handle bar and seat. The new monster supposed to be much more comfortable. You can see from the images that the handlebar is much higher.

The purists might not like it but for most it will be welcomed.

Really? In that case, I am sure happy to be wrong wink.png

The Ducati Thailand web page has a picture of a whole bunch of Hyperstradas and some motards. Which might not mean anything. Reading tea leaves here...

Latest info I got today at Ducati CM was that they're coming 1st week of December. That would make sense as the official release date was supposed to be end of November. Why they'd promise 1st or 2nd week of November initially, I do not know.

I was informed that I am #3 in the queue in Chiang Mai for the Hypermotard. Which will be easy to verify as Ducati CM posts a picture on Facebook of every new delivery with the new owner.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

test ride is open for hypermotard and hyperstrada!

just received a call from Ducati Viphavadi and they invited me to a test run at Danneramit Park by Phanon Yothin Road this Sunday.

Just in time before the motor show as it is either Ducati hyperstrasda or honda cbr650f and all about seating position and ride comfort on ducati hyperstrada.

Lets see, this Sunday will be a nice run. I will test ride both to be sure of course.

But i hope they let a long test run including some traffic ride as how they handle traffic is a deciding factor for me.

Edited by ll2

Really? In that case, I am sure happy to be wrong wink.png

The Ducati Thailand web page has a picture of a whole bunch of Hyperstradas and some motards. Which might not mean anything. Reading tea leaves here...

Latest info I got today at Ducati CM was that they're coming 1st week of December. That would make sense as the official release date was supposed to be end of November. Why they'd promise 1st or 2nd week of November initially, I do not know.

I was informed that I am #3 in the queue in Chiang Mai for the Hypermotard. Which will be easy to verify as Ducati CM posts a picture on Facebook of every new delivery with the new owner.

Might have to do with which (Ducati) dealer you buy them from. Some might move the delivery a bit forward to make the (potential) buyer excited, could be. If they promised 1-2 week Nov then they are wrong in your case. I only have experience with Tong Lo and they have always been very correct with everything.

Anyhow only 2 more weeks or so and you will be spending a lot of time with your new baby. Don't be surprised if you are spending more time looking, cleaning, modifying than riding :) But that is a nice thing about buying a Ducati. (IMO)

I also saw that you are on ducati.ms now. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

ducati.ms is amazing. I asked about the Hyperstrada windshield for the Hypermotard. Turns out this is an OEM part that is not an official aftermarket accessory (God knows why... ?!). But one very competent user there pasted for me the part numbers I need to order, a link to the Ducati service manual as PDF, and a store in the US where OEM parts can be ordered. Wow!

FWIW these are the parts:

48110901A STAY, WINDSHIELD 1 pc $ 31.24
48710621A WINDSHIELD 1 pc $ 208.27
75840621A RUBBER PAD 4 pc per pack
77211151A SCREW, SPECIAL 4 pc per pack
Comes to about $250 from proitalia.com. Then I'll still have to import so I am now going to check with closer dealers and also going to ask the CM dealer of course, just give them some time to get the OEM parts list together... :P

Here are the photos of oem part list for hypermotard and hyperstrada in Thailand nikster.

It is on the last pages of hypermotard brochure. Hope it helps and they have discount on termignoni full system from 139 k thb to 89 k thb including ecu flash and 5 percent performance increase. Great pipe, titanium but does not fit hyperstrada due to panniers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13842557621204_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13842557762295_thumb.jpg

Over 17K for a bike cover? That seems a bit steep... That Zumo 350 is less than 30K from any authorized Garmin distributor in Thailand (I have one)- they're asking 52K (and it's the Euro version, which means no free lifetime map updates for LOS).

Edited by RubberSideDown

Over 17K for a bike cover? That seems a bit steep... That Zumo 350 is less than 30K from any authorized Garmin distributor in Thailand (I have one)- they're asking 52K.

Maybe it has gold stitching?:)

49 k for the panniers are totally absurd too as they offer nothing special.

Well...ducati!

sorry Off topic, but thought I ask. How is the Diavel in traffic, does it get overly hot? Read in some places that it does overheat quite easily? But then again, you read lots of BS....so first hand experience is surely appreciated. cheers

Yes it does overheat easily in city traffic but as long as I shut the engine down at long stop lights it's OK and out on the road it's fantastic, so much power on tap. If I wanted a bike that would purr along in traffic I would have bought another brand, that's not Ducati's strong suit smile.png .

Yes it does overheat easily in city traffic but as long as I shut the engine down at long stop lights it's OK and out on the road it's fantastic, so much power on tap. If I wanted a bike that would purr along in traffic I would have bought another brand, that's not Ducati's strong suit smile.png .

Honestly that's disappointing. The Diavel is a city bike so it pretty damn well shouldn't overheat?! If the Panigale overheats, OK, but this...

Here are the photos of oem part list for hypermotard and hyperstrada in Thailand nikster.

It is on the last pages of hypermotard brochure. Hope it helps and they have discount on termignoni full system from 139 k thb to 89 k thb including ecu flash and 5 percent performance increase. Great pipe, titanium but does not fit hyperstrada due to panniers.

Where did you get this?

Looks like pretty much U.S. prices +50%... the panniers are silly expensive in the USA too at USD 900. I am not a fan of them. The carbon headpiece for 11,000 Baht is a bit of a joke.... very funny, guys... I'll source things in the USA and HK...

^

Nikster, just ask ducati cm the booklet/brochure of hypermotard and strada and check the last pages of it.

Ducati CM have told my friend to just get stuff from HK, they'll install it. They told me the same thing.

Since I now have the manual I could actually install these myself.

The only good deal seems the exhaust system "promotion" with the full termi system for 99k baht. I thought that was crazy but the price in the USA is actually over $3,000 once you include tax.

• Like 1

^

termignoni promotion here is for 89 k and man - i hope i remember true but sure not 99 k - , it really looks cool and they have stock here.

if i were you getting the hypermotard, i just go forward with the full system termignoni as it is coming complete with air filter and ecu flash and very good quality and sound as if you want to buy the same setup from other brands and bring them from abroad, most probably you will end up paying more also no hassle.

besides, nowadays, Thai customs are super strict. if you buy things from Hong Kong, shipping and taxes - 30 % -, it might cost you more than official price list in Thailand but here availability is a problem and god knows when these parts will be ready.

Edited by ll2

^

It seems your planned mods are taking you close to the price of the SP- at what point is it worth just switching to the top-spec model? If I were looking at a 100K exhaust, I might think about just going all-out.

Yes except the SP is currently available only as import and 949k baht wink.png In the USA its a few grand more than the base version and well worth it with the upgraded suspension and such, but I don't think the SP includes the termignoni system standard.

@ll2 - yeah the termi full system is actually 89k baht, not 99k. Even better deal.

Edited by nikster

^

It seems your planned mods are taking you close to the price of the SP- at what point is it worth just switching to the top-spec model? If I were looking at a 100K exhaust, I might think about just going all-out.

Yes except the SP is currently available only as import and 949k baht Posted Image In the USA its a few grand more than the base version and well worth it with the upgraded suspension and such, but I don't think the SP includes the termignoni system standard.

@ll2 - yeah the termi full system is actually 89k baht, not 99k. Even better deal. 

Just get one before the discount ends nikster!

I had the Termi on my Monster but don't want it on my Multi. Maybe I am getting old but I don't need that much sound anymore. And.....there is REALLY nothing wrong with the original Ducati sound!!!

Some buy the Termi because their bike didn't run well in standard trim. But then you can still do other things than spending a lot of money. But... some bikes run very well standard so no need for any tuning. My Monster ran much better with the Termi. Much better fueling. My Multi runs as good as my friend's, who has the full Termi.

And....you know what they say about Ducs: If it runs well, DON't touch it!

My 2 cents

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1