• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Californicaiton

The X-Files

Foyle's War

Action - dumped after one series - watch it and you'll know why.

I loved Foyles war, perhaps coz I had a boat at the series location for 20+ years, but nooooooo, it was a genuine look at folk of the era combined. thumbsup.gif

I know I will be shot down in flames, but in the UK Sunday night TV must be the best in the would, feet up, glass or ten of Red, and Midsomer Murders. I know.............., but before that with the aid of a video recorder, Time Team, Last of the Summer Wine, Open All Hours, Lovejoy, Heartbeat, Poirot, Foyles War and loads of other stuff. thumbsup.gif

Can't remember what night the excellent series ''Spooks'' was on.

• Like 1

Basically American TV with a dash of the British.

Let's also not forget The Waltons, Happy Days, The Odd Couple and later, Monty Python; and even later, The Larry Sander's Show (for those who like Curb your Enthusiasm), The Sopranos... Even in the years, I believe the only one that cannot fade away is Seinfeld and maybe the first couple years of The Twilight Zone.

Breaking Bad...fantastic, but as best Drama, I'd say "The Wire".

Currently as agreed and/or add, but still ongoing:

Game of Thrones

Ray Donavan

Low Winter Sun

Boardwalk Empire

Hell on Wheels

Family Guy

Homeland

The Walking Dead

Vikings (though wish they would move away from History Channel, a bit too "G" for me, imagine the realism value this show could do on Starz, Showtime, HBO or AMC at the least)

Checking & still undecided:

The White Queen

Hostages

Copper

Recently cancelled or finished but brilliant:

Boss

House of Cards

Dexter (not brilliant but addicting)

Magic City (also not brilliant but very entertaining)

-----------------

Both South Park & The Simpsons being two promising once upon a time & however regardless of ongoing, died a long time ago.

I know I will be shot down in flames, but in the UK Sunday night TV must be the best in the would, feet up, glass or ten of Red, and Midsomer Murders. I know.............., but before that with the aid of a video recorder, Time Team, Last of the Summer Wine, Open All Hours, Lovejoy, Heartbeat, Poirot, Foyles War and loads of other stuff. thumbsup.gif

Can't remember, but did Arkwrite ever get into Nurse Glady's knickers? laugh.png

Oh what a genius RB was.

Can't remember, but did Arkwrite ever get into Nurse Glady's knickers? laugh.png

Oh what a genius RB was.

He once tried in the back of a Mini Van but alas she went home. Think his money belt foiled things. laugh.png

Oh what a genius RB was.

He once tried in the back of a Mini Van but alas she went home. Think his money belt foiled things. laugh.png

"I know that face. That’s Nurse Gladys Emmanuel. Possible one of the finest backside in the north of England. And it all belongs to the state".

Who would have though Granville would own TIT and then go on be be Frostie........brilliant.

RB = Roy Barraclough or Ronnie Barker, both very funny men.

my list:

I, Claudius

The Prisoner

Red Dwarf

Cadfael

Sharpe

Steptoe and Son

the first 5 I have on DVD to watch again and again.

I liked Cadfael too, sadly others didn't but I told them to go read a book or something laugh.png , Steptoe is perhaps a forgotten classic, l remember when in black and white. thumbsup.gif

RB = Roy Barraclough or Ronnie Barker, both very funny men.

my list:

I, Claudius

The Prisoner

Red Dwarf

Cadfael

Sharpe

Steptoe and Son

the first 5 I have on DVD to watch again and again.

I liked Cadfael too, sadly others didn't but I told them to go read a book or something laugh.png , Steptoe is perhaps a forgotten classic, l remember when in black and white. thumbsup.gif

The scene with Harold's dad scrubbing himself in the kitchen sink will never be forgotten. laugh.png

oh I am from the era of Bradey Bunch, Gilligans Island, F Troop, The Partridge family, The Three Stooges (still tickle me), Rawhide, Maverick, Disneyland when Annette was a star and when Fess Parker was Daniel Boone, the man and Fantasy land was touched by the magical tinkerbell (never got over how sexy a toon could be) Get Smart, Seahunt, The Bugs Bunny Show, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, The Monkees (hey hey for them)...I could name a thousand and still not cover the beautiful, funny, moral tales that gave me an optimistic and stable outlook on life.

all is now clear.

Difficult to make a list of favourites, but series that I would be happy to be repeated.

Magnum P.I.

Miami Vice

Sweeney

Minder

Professionals

Twilight Zone.

Avengers - Emma Peel or Linda Thornton

Series that I would like to see again, but cannot remember hardly anything other than I enjoyed it as a kid.

BJ and the Bear.

Something about a golden goose - it had a big seaplane in it.

Hardcastle and McCormick

Recent stuff

Boardwalk Empire

Spartacus. It was garbage, but enjoyable garbage.

I'm not really exposed to stuff anymore and don't download stuff. :-(

Difficult to make a list of favourites, but series that I would be happy to be repeated.

Magnum P.I.

Miami Vice

Sweeney

Minder

Professionals

Twilight Zone.

Series that I would like to see again, but cannot remember hardly anything other than I enjoyed it as a kid.

BJ and the Bear.

Hardcastle and McCormick

Recent stuff

Boardwalk Empire

Youtube. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

all is now clear.[/quoted from GirlDrinkDrunk)

There are people who create and build and there are people who cynically destroy. I have found that people who use cynical, sarcastic methods to critique others often have latent anger,and find their use of such intellectually dishonest outbursts a means of releasing that anger. Maybe you could do with some help to overcome what is ultimately self destructive behaviour.

After all, this is a thread about our favourite tv programs and is not intended as a generic pogrom to satisfy whatever ill will you may harbour.

Edited by Dr Robert

Magnum P.I.

Miami Vice

Sweeney

Minder

Professionals

Twilight Zone.

BJ and the Bear.

Hardcastle and McCormick

Recent stuff

Boardwalk Empire

I think the series you're thinking about with the "golden goose" is Tales of the Gold Monkey, where there is a Grumman Goose in every episode.

• Like 1