Your favorite old and new TV series

jaideeguy

how I met your mother

Brilliant series, until they ran out of ideas and made an honest man out of....wait for it............Barney.

He just became one of us.

Kind of get tired of the self-pitying Ted Mosby character after some seasons.

Have a feeling they changed writers.

Have all seasons.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where I grew up , in Scandinavia , we could watch both UK and American shows so I am lucky that way .

The old ones :

UK :

Monthy Pythion

Black Adder

Fawlty Towers

Mr. Bean

Allo Allo

US:

Cannon

Columbo

Ironside

Gunsmoke

Alias Smith and Jones

Miami Vice

Startrek

I am also a Stargate fan, any SciFi is good for me to watch

Edited by balo

First appeared on BBC TV at 1620 on Nov 23rd 1963 and still going strong.

220px-TARDIS2.jpg

Hmmmmmm, sort of reminds me of ''Blake Seven'', laugh.png Who remembers that ? whistling.gif

Not Blakes Seven, speaking of which there are a few I'd like to deport from planet earth to a prison planet.wink.png

220px-TARDIS2.jpg

Hmmmmmm, sort of reminds me of ''Blake Seven'', laugh.png Who remembers that ? whistling.gif

Blake's Seven...............being a very young boy at the time, I knew I wanted to do something to Servelan, I just didnt know what :-) My first inclining of impure thought.................if I only knew what that was.

• Like 2

220px-TARDIS2.jpg

Blake's Seven...............being a very young boy at the time, I knew I wanted to do something to Servelan, I just didnt know what :-) My first inclining of impure thought.................if I only knew what that was.

Was that the lady villain ?

220px-TARDIS2.jpg

Was that the lady villain ?

Be a good boy tonight mjj biggrin.png

• Like 1

Old

Young ones, only fools and horses, the professionals, and there was also a comedy type POW series I loved but can't remember the name,,

New(ish)

The blacklist, The Following, The Vikings, mrs Browns Boys, sleeper cell

Hogans Heroes. ?

Just remembered.......David Carradine in Kung <deleted>, think most will remember him as "Grasshopper"

And its Thai related as thats where he ended up, dead in a Bangkok hotel, in the wardrobe actually !

Forgot about Kung <deleted>, but other than the term they used, technically it's called "Hopper" - half Asian/ half white however still slang. Within the timeline or generation, will also add The Green Hornet.

Old

Young ones, only fools and horses, the professionals, and there was also a comedy type POW series I loved but can't remember the name,,

New(ish)

Not POW but it reminded me of 'It ain't half hot mum'........SHUUTTT UUUPPPP. :-)

That's the one, I saw a bit again years later and I thought how did I manage to watch that dross,,, but truth is I loved that POW kinda stuff when I was a wee nipper, another one I enjoyed watching was Colditz

="transam"

Hogans Heroes. ?

Some of you, guys, may feel old. I must be really old.

MASH

I DREAM OF JEANNIE

BEWITCHED

SEINFELD

MONTY PYTHON

KUNG <deleted>

GET SMART
THE FORSYTE SAGA

FANTOMAS

HOGAN'S HEROES

THE MUPPET SHOW

KEEPING UP THE APPEARANCES (or what's it name was?)

Sorry, no new ones... except THE ICE AGE. I'm too old...

Particularly hated SEX AND THE CITY and THE WALKING DEAD. tongue.png

BTW, I think Brits used to do a better job than Americans (I'm neither, so not biased except for personal tastes). Anybody remembers Italians? They used to be good too.

Edited by ABCer

Old

New(ish)

Not sure,................It Ain't Half Hot Mum?

Old,, Not to sure if any one as seen it but i enjoyed,, Gavin and Stacey,, saying that I'm welsh smile.png

Band of Brothers

New,, Sopranos,, Awesome show

The Wire, Brotherhood, Treme, Boardwalk Empire,, Boss,,

So many.

Leave It to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Rescue 8, Gomer Pyle USMC (my grandmother loved Gomer Pyle, if she only knew). I remember when Mum and Dad in Australia would not miss an episode of Coronation Street. Bonanza. The Sweeney. Minder. Court Martial. Run Silent Run Deep. Combat. The Honeymooners. I love Lucy. The Nelsons. My Favourite Martian

Social Impact and game changers? Archie Bunker and Alf Garnet.

Rowan and Martin's 'Laugh In'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ8Vrvy0VeE

In 1984 I took over the running of the ship's 'SRE' (Sound reproduction Equipment). VCRs were the new technology and were all the rage. Ships began fitting themselves out with Mass Distribution Video Systems to compliment the existing Radio system piped throughout the ship. Spelling the beginning of the end for the traditional 'Ships Nightly Movie' in the Cafe or on the Upperdeck.

We used to get VHS Tapes sent to us by mail from parents, wives, families from Oz.

By far. The most popular during our Middle East Deployment that year was 'Hill Street Blues'.

Due to an incident in one of Her Majesty's Australian Submarines in 1983 'Blue Movies' were banned on the shis system and no R Rated Movies were to be shown if there were crew members under the age of 18 years aboard. Which BTW was always the case.

hahahahahaha, how many can remember Dobie Gillis and Marnard, Rowdie Yates, Sugarfoot, Bronco and Cheyenne, Jet Jackson, Mavis Bramston, bugger, this does make you feel old, think I need a nanna napcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1