Cops at sai Yuan today

IrishIvan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking licences and helmets possible passports at the usual spot on the y intersection near icon. Cars are just going straight through

Same as almost every day at that time. But your incorrect about the cars. I see them getting stopped there all the time.

If you are wearing a helmet and have the correct license and visa there is nothing to worry about

Well, then I have nothing to worry about, except for having my passport stolen, damaged, or lost, because I must carry it with me now or face possible arrest, or a damand for a corrupt payment.

I don't like carrying it with me - I feel uneasy.

I carry it with me in the day now, but only copies in the night.

Edited by NamKangMan

I got waved over at the Karon check point,bottom of the hill comming into Karon from Patong the other day while driving a car I pulled over waited

dio-dio but funny thing was no cop ever came over to my car nothing,

so i just continued on my way..do do do TIT weird for sure...

There was a farang cop at Chalong circle 2 days ago. Gleefully giving other farangs tickets. The only reason I was there for so long to observe was the TGF was cashing in some lotto tickets. I will keep my strong opinions to myself and just report the facts

• Like 1

There was a farang cop at Chalong circle 2 days ago. Gleefully giving other farangs tickets. The only reason I was there for so long to observe was the TGF was cashing in some lotto tickets. I will keep my strong opinions to myself and just report the facts

haha <deleted> is he doing! is it that old swedish guy driving around with a pickup with written -police- on?

haha <deleted> is he doing! is it that old swedish guy driving around with a pickup with written -police- on?

No different guy. He was quite a bit taller than the Swede

And THAT SOB almost ran me off the road. Tailgating me and zig zagging along the road. Then he stopped to buy some fruit by the dente place on cfrwest. Wanted to kill him!

Cops doing their job and this needs to be reported!wub.png

We are talking about a farang police volunteer. Handing out traffic infringements is beyond his call of duty.

Please read properly before responding in future.

No, what we're talking about, in the OP, is cops doing their jobs!

In future please read the OP and not just the most recent post in a thread, and if you want to play thread policeman, go do it somewhere away from me.

• Like 1

Sorry but Thailand doesn't have any gestapo, just various branches of the police force. And sorry to break the bad news to you but it's their job to inspect drivers ID (be it ID card or passport), to inspect vehicle documentation and to fine/jail people where violations are found, that's why they're called police, they're just doing their job. As for what you think the police prioritiies should be, 'nuff said!

I lived in Phuket for four years, I know what goes on there, but none of that has anything to do with your opinion of what you think the police are/are not, should/should not be doing.

EDIT: and for anyone who thinks this is solely a Phuket phenomena, CM has this problem in spades and the same topic is a regular feature of the CM forum. But when it all gets boiled down, the people who see it on a daily basis, the expats who've lived here for many years, all agree that it's a case of the police doing their job, the ones who don't agree are typically the tourists who don't understand, the newbies and those who don't wear helmets or have drivers licences.

Edited by LivinginKata

I lived in Phuket for four years, I know what goes on there, but none of that has anything to do with your opinion of what you think the police are/are not, should/should not be doing.

EDIT: and for anyone who thinks this is solely a Phuket phenomena, CM has this problem in spades and the same topic is a regular feature of the CM forum. But when it all gets boiled down, the people who see it on a daily basis, the expats who've lived here for many years, all agree that it's a case of the police doing their job, the ones who don't agree are typically the tourists who don't understand, the newbies and those who don't wear helmets or have drivers licences.

Ive lived here for 4 months and I know whats going on. I am just reporting what I see. Which is cops targeting farangs

Folks need to understand that this is how the police do their job, in part, Sure there may be a few who abuse their status and take the opportunity to pocket fines but that mechanism also catches the bad guys and makes people wear motorbike helmets - up here in the North that's been a sucesfull deterent and whilst I don't know what the death toll numbers are, it seems to me that more people wear helmets than ever before and that can only be a good thing. Unfortunately, when farangs see these road blocks they mostly seem to think that it's all about them and the idea that they are ripping people off fits nicely with their own conspiracy theory, it isn't, get over it.

I'm not trying to be deliberatly opposite on these things but some of the thinking here does concern me. With regards to the farang cop: what if he is a retired farang cop who wants to give something back to Thai society and is bored in retirement in Thailand and doesn't like to sit in bars all day? What if he's fluent in Thai and a couple of Euorpean languages and it turns out that he actually does a shed load more good for both the Thai and the farang communities than most other cops? Did you think of that possibility!

I'm not trying to be deliberatly opposite on these things but some of the thinking here does concern me. With regards to the farang cop: what if he is a retired farang cop who wants to give something back to Thai society and is bored in retirement in Thailand and doesn't like to sit in bars all day? What if he's fluent in Thai and a couple of Euorpean languages and it turns out that he actually does a shed load more good for both the Thai and the farang communities than most other cops? Did you think of that possibility!

Man, you're making mountains out of mole-hills.

IrishIvan posted that the cops were out at an intersection many of us use. It's not in Chiang Mai.

Period, done, finished.

You want to start a thread on local cops knock yourself out but trolling for reactions here (????) man take it to the CM forum.

• Like 1

Ive lived here for 4 months and I know whats going on. I am just reporting what I see. Which is cops targeting farangs

At that same intersection I saw a tuktuk driver fined recently, my wife was fined, etc. So no, everybody gets stopped and everybody whose paperwork is not in order gets fined.

• Like 1

At that same intersection I saw a tuktuk driver fined recently, my wife was fined, etc. So no, everybody gets stopped and everybody whose paperwork is not in order gets fined.

+1, saw a Thai woman and grannie get stopped, cops were pretty cold about it, took what looked to be her last 120thb and put her into tears.

IrishIvan posted that the cops were out at an intersection many of us use. It's not in Chiang Mai.

Period, done, finished.

You want to start a thread on local cops knock yourself out but trolling for reactions here (????) man take it to the CM forum.

This is not a case of "trolling for reactions", poster Hansgruber posted a comment that farang cops should "get a life" and I posted an alternative point of view to that, if you don't like that, don't read it and definitely don't respond! So no, not done, not finished, period!

Period, done, finished.

This is not a case of "trolling for reactions", poster Hansgruber posted a comment that farang cops should "get a life" and I posted an alternative point of view to that, if you don't like that, don't read it and definitely don't respond! So no, not done, not finished, period!

coffee1.gif

Funny thing with these cops is they are just money collectors. They don't police and proactively look to stop crime, they just look to enlarge the envelopes of their superiors and the easiest way to do this for these lazy louts is to hang out on a busy corner and collect red, purple and white notes. Nothing to do with upholding the law.

Funny thing with these cops is they are just money collectors. They don't police and proactively look to stop crime, they just look to enlarge the envelopes of their superiors and the easiest way to do this for these lazy louts is to hang out on a busy corner and collect red, purple and white notes. Nothing to do with upholding the law.

Yes, it is upholding the law, but I agree, nothing to do with stopping crime or improving traffic.

Unfortunately the same is the case with the law back home, where traffic offenses are budget in with no regards to safety, and have simply become a way of collecting money. Cops that don't meet their quota of fines are reprimanded.

Difference is 'back home' it is automated, here there is still interaction.

A sad state of society.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

Period, done, finished.

Strangely enough I agree with Hans. A volunteer farang traffic cop should hang their head in shame. Why are they doing it? 'Look at me, look at me...im important' did they fail the parking cop test in farangland and now fulfilling their dreams in Phuket?

• Like 1

Period, done, finished.

Strangely enough I agree with Hans. A volunteer farang traffic cop should hang their head in shame. Why are they doing it? 'Look at me, look at me...im important' did they fail the parking cop test in farangland and now fulfilling their dreams in Phuket?

Strangely enough I agree with Hans

Nothing strange at all about you two agreeing..its hand in hand togetherness in majority of each others posts on this forum......whistling.gif

• Like 1