peanut butter (creamy) with no additives

triffid

This is the stuff I eat. The only time I saw it it in LOS was once at Foodland in BKK. No sugar. In the States comes in

creamy, chunky, and unsalted. Pack carefully, I once had a jar come undone in my checked bag! Years later I am still finding peanut butter fragments

on the edges of some CD cases that were in proximity to it.

Thanks. I'll be in BKK this month and will look around.

This is the stuff I eat. The only time I saw it it in LOS was once at Foodland in BKK. No sugar. In the States comes in

creamy, chunky, and unsalted. Pack carefully, I once had a jar come undone in my checked bag! Years later I am still finding peanut butter fragments

on the edges of some CD cases that were in proximity to it.

I'm with you. - the best peanut butter - and I've tried a lot of peanut butter. It was getting hard to find even in Southern California when Hughes Markets changed hands and the local Scolari's closed. What I'd give for a jar or two now! Made in Tacoma, I believe, but company was bought by Smuckers.

Have you tried Kasem store. They used to stock homemade peanut butter. Although I haven't looked lately.

Yes Molly made this plus assorted home-made jams.She prefered if you'd drop off a clean used jam jar, too.

A CMai icon - saw her once a couple of years ago; she had taught eons ago at AUA.

Not sure if she and Kasem still sell her products.

On a related topic raised by my initial query, would those of you who use a food processor to make their own peanut butter (and other stuff) have any recommendations or the opposite regarding the machines available in Chiangmai shops? I have in mind my need to make everything in small quantities, being the sole consumer of whatever I make in it. (I think this means there should be an inner bowl as pat of the accessories or the original bowl/machine should be a small one.) Also I'm not sure what the advantage is of having a more powerful motor. All advice gained from your experience will be appreciated.

Two cans of chick peas drained except for maybe 1/4 cup liquid, some lime juice, garlic, EV olive oil and a couple tablespoons of cumin power. Love it with lightly toasted pita bread rounds.

A couple of tablespoons of cumin? Really? Sounds a bit excessive.

Trif, this is what I use for small quantities:

post-47588-0-80047900-1382111756_thumb.j

There's no absolute single recipe for hummus... there are all different styles and varieties.... It's up to personal taste.

I've made it with and without tahini... It tastes good both ways.

I've made it with and without cumin... In fact, I never used to use cumin, and then saw one recipe that suggested it.

Tried it, and for me, liked it more... For my taste, one to two tablespoons of ground cumin into a recipe based on two 16 oz cans of beans is just right.