Anyone Have Real Windows 7 for sale?

KRS1

I have a 10 x volume licence of windows 7, now how could I make this work without you disclosing the key to all and sundry?

So what is it that you are proposing to do?

All Volume Licenses are upgrades. You cannot legally buy a "naked" PC and attach a volume license to it. You must first buy a full license (typically an OEM license with a new PC purchase) and then use the Volume License to upgrade to the VL version you purchased.

Volume License keys were a source of rampant piracy in the Windows XP era. As a result, all Volume License copies of Windows 7 now have to be activated, using either a Multiple Activation Key or a Key Management Service. The big difference with the latter option (which applies to most large VL customers) is that the activation servers are managed locally by the customer and individual employees don't have to activate using Microsoft's servers.

According to Microsoft, a Windows Upgrade License purchased through a Volume License program is tied to the device to which it is first assigned and may not be reassigned. However, Volume Licensing customers who pay extra for Software Assurance coverage can reassign that coverage (which includes upgrade rights) to an appropriately licensed replacement device.

That is not true... they work on a bare bones PC.

although you cant do it with a retail version download it has to be an MSDN download.

Windows 7 ultimate x2 , Windows 7 pro x 10

There is no Volume Licencing for Ultimate, so what exactly is it that you are proposing to sell?

I think I tried to make the case for Windows 8 in another thread here earlier this year but if you install ClassShell immediately after you've installed Windows 8 you really won't have to suffer that annoying Modern UI and even the charms starts to become something you like. After that you need to install whatever software you use for audio and vido and change the associations to stop Windows opening your media with the Modern UI apps. After that you're pretty much almost back to Windows 7. The Windows 8 Pro upgrade is still only 1750 Bt in SiamTV but listed at £190 GBP or US$ 200 on MS's own sites.

On top of which many tech sites say it starts faster and has other advantages too along with the fact you're going to get Windows 8.1 today or tomorrow.

I'm inclined to agree. Win8 + Classic Shell is usable and about the only worthwhile thing you lose from Win7 is the "Aero" system of transparent windows. Personally I cant imagine why they removed it as it is quite handy to have. But I cant imagine why they introduced the touch-screen/full-screen Metro interface either.

The Win8 charms however are doomed to be perpetually nasty and pointless as far as I'm concerned. Luckily they can just be ignored with Classic Shell.

For 1750B I think it's a no-brainer though I certainly would not upgrade my existing (legitimate) Win7 until I absolutely have to, which should give me another 5 years or more.

i missed aero for a second. aesthetically win 8 is much nicer to use. once you turn off all the jump out of the corner shit, win 8 is pretty dam_n good. classic shell is a compromise. not as good as the real start menu, but more than good enough. i am still annoyed by context menus which po put of nowhere on the touch pad though.

it came on a recent purchase, and i was going to partiton and install win 7, but after the steepest learning curve and adjustment i have had outside of ios anything which i hate, i dont mind it.

My macbook air runs win 7.

my work machine is still running win 8 and i think it will be permanent though it would be pretty nice to turn all the tablet oriented crap off even though i have a 15.5 inch 1080 touch screen which as long as i have a keyboard seems pointless

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk

I think I tried to make the case for Windows 8 in another thread here earlier this year but if you install ClassShell immediately after you've installed Windows 8 you really won't have to suffer that annoying Modern UI and even the charms starts to become something you like. After that you need to install whatever software you use for audio and vido and change the associations to stop Windows opening your media with the Modern UI apps. After that you're pretty much almost back to Windows 7. The Windows 8 Pro upgrade is still only 1750 Bt in SiamTV but listed at £190 GBP or US$ 200 on MS's own sites.

On top of which many tech sites say it starts faster and has other advantages too along with the fact you're going to get Windows 8.1 today or tomorrow.

I'm inclined to agree. Win8 + Classic Shell is usable and about the only worthwhile thing you lose from Win7 is the "Aero" system of transparent windows. Personally I cant imagine why they removed it as it is quite handy to have. But I cant imagine why they introduced the touch-screen/full-screen Metro interface either.

The Win8 charms however are doomed to be perpetually nasty and pointless as far as I'm concerned. Luckily they can just be ignored with Classic Shell.

For 1750B I think it's a no-brainer though I certainly would not upgrade my existing (legitimate) Win7 until I absolutely have to, which should give me another 5 years or more.

i missed aero for a second. aesthetically win 8 is much nicer to use. once you turn off all the jump out of the corner shit, win 8 is pretty dam_n good. classic shell is a compromise. not as good as the real start menu, but more than good enough. i am still annoyed by context menus which po put of nowhere on the touch pad though.

it came on a recent purchase, and i was going to partiton and install win 7, but after the steepest learning curve and adjustment i have had outside of ios anything which i hate, i dont mind it.

My macbook air runs win 7.

my work machine is still running win 8 and i think it will be permanent.

I'm in the same boat, I have a MacBook Pro and it is running Windows 8, it takes a while to get used though.

I have a 3 year old boy, and he has his own PC, and he finds windows 8 a breeze to work with - it is so much friendlier for him as a kid, a bit like the ipad and android tablets which I guess was the whole point Microsoft went down that road. Even a 3 year old can go to the windows 8 store and download software.. albeit judging by the pictures he see's.

There is no Volume Licencing for Ultimate, so what exactly is it that you are proposing to sell?

If you don't know what you are talking about, I suggest you stay out of the conversation...

attachicon.gifsnip.JPG

Sorry, was in the shower.

Those are not Volume Licence products as such, but issued under MAPS for Internal Use Only

license-and-media-matrix.png

I have a 3 year old boy, and he has his own PC, and he finds windows 8 a breeze to work with - it is so much friendlier for him as a kid, a bit like the ipad and android tablets which I guess was the whole point Microsoft went down that road. Even a 3 year old can go to the windows 8 store and download software.. albeit judging by the pictures he see's.

I think that just about sums it up.

Win8 is very suitable for kids and people who want to play with shiny icons and silly apps.

It is very unsuitable (out of the box) for people who want to actually do serious work.

Add Classic Shell and Win8 becomes suitable for work purposes, though still not ideal.

Thanks to OP for asking this question and thanks to others for helpful suggestions.

I suffer from the same problem. In my naïveté I had Windows 7 installed when I bought my Samsung laptop in Big C Kampheang Phet back in June. Thought it was the genuine article!!!

Should have known better in the LOS!!

What are the full model details of this machine?

NP355E4X-A01TH

Does this assist?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app