Quotable Quotes - the best You've Read

David48

Quotable Quotes - the best You've Read ...

Sometimes I read a post, kick back and think well said ... clap2.gif

I am not sure it is isolated to certain communities around the world, but individuals within communities, the usual shout of Isaan, goes up like a clarion call of slip fielders in the hope of getting a group "like", however there isn't much wrong with a request, no matter how close the society. What I find even more disturbing, is that you cannot ask a neighbour for a glass of milk, society going forward like a collapsed scrum on continuous loop.

"goes up like a clarion call of slip fielders in the hope of getting a group "like"

Mr Finn ... I salute you.

Let's have some quality posting that you've read on the Forum.

Only one request ... don't post your own words!

Share the Crème de la Crème

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a few years ago there was an article in the Pattaya Weekly Mail about someone apprehended by the police. The newspaper pointed out that the miscreant would likely face a lengthy period of "penile servitude."

I suppose, depending on his cell mate(s), that might be an apt prediction.

And then there's this:

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- Socrates

Edited by Suradit69

"Every time you wake up ask yourself "What good things am I going to do today?" Remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it." —Native American proverb

If given "the right to remain silent" ...

You might want to take it ~

However,
if you remain silent too long ....

You might become part of the problem ~ !

I liked this recent one for StreetCowboy ...

I think McDonalds represents American culture - mass production, consumerism, the power of big business and consistency across the country and the world. It's the coca cola of restaurants.

SC

"McDonalds ... It's the Coca Cola of restaurants."

"I'd rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right"

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth"

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself"

Edited by chrisinth

"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits"

"A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it"

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school"

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning"

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it"

"Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed"

"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not"

Not only was Albert Einstein clever at maths & formulas, he was also highly intelligent as the last couple of posts show. I would call him a man who based his life on common sense, something that is greatly needed in most walks of life...................wink.png

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with OP, let's see what we enjoy in posts here on TV, since we can always import Billions from the net somewhere.

Have seen some amazing comments over the years, which made me actually truly laugh out loud (not only the emoticon).

One I never forget is in the thread "Massage In Bathrooms":

"endure" wrote: All you have to do is turn round and ask 'you boom boom long time?' while you whiz all over his shoe.

• 4 months later...

Written in response to this OP ...

Looking for a Thai girl friend who is a genuine orphan no mum or dad, kids or any relatives what so ever early 40s O.K not fat, do any exist in in Thailand, they must be worth their weight in gold.

You'll be struggling to find an orphan who's dad owns a brewery...

Written in response to this OP ...

My Issan ex (height 145cm), called me today from 'home' with some concern. Apparently, several people in her village have told her that when they look at her, they cannot see her head!

Quick, get her to a go-go bar and photograph her. Then you can rewrite the famous NY Post headline: Headless woman found in topless bar.

• 4 weeks later...

The lil squirter at my 7/11 is absolutely gorgeous and would make for a fantastic addition to my marital work bench, sadly the missus tell me she is not a lesbian so am trying to come up with a work around for this.

I remember Chris Rock said that 'Women can't go back in terms of lifestyle and men can't go backwards in terms of sex' .. I actually think that's pretty astute

"People that say money doesn't buy happiness don't know where to go shopping" - David Lee Roth. Always makes me smile

• 3 weeks later...