Thai-Danish 7-year-old to be deported from Denmark

webfact

... she's being returned to her country of birth where she has lived half her life and her Mother, almost all of her life (presumably)

... she's Thai, and despite the claims of the Mother, I am sure that, by the time she left Thailand at age 3 1/2 ... she was speaking Thai and probably for some time after moving to Denmark ... whistling.gif

.. she's Thai ... she will integrate

but lets deal with facts here.

A better opportunity to explore the realms of sarcasm I may never get, but I'll settle for a gentle smile.
  • Like 2

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you as a farang, married with thai and have children and your wife dies, what do you think will happen to you ?

DEPORTATION .... as you have no more valid reason to be here ...

or in case of a divorce that is not amicable and your ex-wife does not want to give a birth certificate for your 90 days only extention you get to see or be with your child

thai laws inflicted on farangs, should be inflicted to thais in our home countries... no more buying land, having to earn 10x more than a local in our home country to get a workpermit or visa, 4 farangs per every thai job if they want to start a company ...

• Like 1

if you as a farang, married with thai and have children and your wife dies, what do you think will happen to you ?

First of all, I can't see the relevancy in discussing Thai immigration laws when the topic is something completely different. Either way, you're wrong, nobody is getting "deported" for reasons mentioned above.

thai laws inflicted on farangs, should be inflicted to thais in our home countries... no more buying land, having to earn 10x more than a local in our home country to get a workpermit or visa, 4 farangs per every thai job if they want to start a company ...

Irrelevant. And a very childish view, if I may say.
  • Like 2

or in case of a divorce that is not amicable and your ex-wife does not want to give a birth certificate for your 90 days only extention you get to see or be with your child

You don't like it? Why do you want repeat it and impose it on others?

• Like 1

... she's being returned to her country of birth where she has lived half her life and her Mother, almost all of her life (presumably)

... she's Thai, and despite the claims of the Mother, I am sure that, by the time she left Thailand at age 3 1/2 ... she was speaking Thai and probably for some time after moving to Denmark ... whistling.gif

.. she's Thai ... she will integrate

but lets deal with facts here.

A better opportunity to explore the realms of sarcasm I may never get, but I'll settle for a gentle smile.

I walked away from making this a discussion between you and me once ... and I'll do that again.

If you would like to demonstate your 'realms of sarcasm', by all means, please, be my quest.

I'd prefer however, to listen to all the members take on what is acknowledged as a delicate situation.

We all have opinions, yours and mine are just single trees in that Forest.

Cheers ... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well, the girl doesn't even speak Thai and has lived there most of her life. That is the sad part. You would think there would be a way around this or someone with a light bulb on in the Danish government. Of course, if it were just the woman on her own, I would not mind as much, but still. There should be a way to look at each case on its own merits.

Hope they saved plenty of money to transition back to Thailand.

I don't know the answer to this but perhaps the Danes are looking at what would happen if the boot was on the other foot with Danes in foreign countries. For sure if the Dane guys wife died in LOS, he would be told to sell up and bugger off with not a care for the Thai child he took care of. It would happen to me here in LOS when I have brought up a kid that his father has abandoned. Callous, but it is true, and I do not see why other countries should be different towards Thai folk until the Thai Hi-So's who control stuff take a look at sensibility.

I don't know the answer to this but perhaps the Danes are looking at what would happen if the boot was on the other foot with Danes in foreign countries. For sure if the Dane guys wife died in LOS, he would be told to sell up and bugger off with not a care for the Thai child he took care of. It would happen to me here in LOS when I have brought up a kid that his father has abandoned. Callous, but it is true, and I do not see why other countries should be different towards Thai folk until the Thai Hi-So's who control stuff take a look at sensibility.

No that cannot be the answer. Sure bureaucrats might be stupid heartless pricks, but not that evil that they see it as change to hand out some kind of revenge.

Those revenge thing mindset is even a deeper low.

i think other members have it already explained to you.

• Like 1

No that cannot be the answer. Sure bureaucrats might be stupid heartless pricks, but not that evil that they see it as change to hand out some kind of revenge.

Those revenge thing mindset is even a deeper low.

i think other members have it already explained to you.

Revenge really is the wrong word, equality and/or reciprocal perhaps is. If you want to be blind to reciprocal stuff, a one way street, that is up to you/others.

Something about this story can not be true!

I do not believe that the little girl can't speak Thai? Half of her life in Denmark, and she is 7 years old now ,, In fact that means that she was leaving Thailand when she was 3,5 Year old ? I'm Danish, and have a Thai son, when my boy was 3,5 Year old he spoke fluent Thai. Also I have many friends with kids living both in Thailand or Denmark,, I never saw or met one who could not speak Thai ,, Every Thai-mother will always speak Thai to her baby!

Anyway ,, I don't like the Danish system,,, In Denmark we are screaming for babyes because we are getting to many older people to take care of ,, And when we have a chance to get some people in,, we just kick them out !!

• Like 2

I do not believe that the little girl can't speak Thai? Half of her life in Denmark, and she is 7 years old now ,, In fact that means that she was leaving Thailand when she was 3,5 Year old ? I'm Danish, and have a Thai son, when my boy was 3,5 Year old he spoke fluent Thai. Also I have many friends with kids living both in Thailand or Denmark,, I never saw or met one who could not speak Thai ,, Every Thai-mother will always speak Thai to her baby!

Anyway ,, I don't like the Danish system,,, In Denmark we are screaming for babyes because we are getting to many older people to take care of ,, And when we have a chance to get some people in,, we just kick them out !!

The child will speak Thai/Lao. Anyone who says otherwise is daft.

But your last sentence, they want folk yes, but they do not want another perhaps burden.

Technically they are right, but come on I can just hear the foreigners here complaining if an elderly farang is deported because his wife dies and now he needs to have 800k in the bank.

Sometimes reason should speak, those two had ties in Denmark and it is already hard that their father / husband has died and now they are deported too after having lived there for so long. I think deaths like this should be a special case.

I agree. More and more countries seem to be drifting back to allowing decisions to be made by bureaucrats who are probably more motivated by "hitting the numbers" than by human compassion.

The other cases looked worse - children being sent away from their families. How on earth can someone make an assessment that a young child has "the probability not to integrate" and will be better away from parents and siblings. Defies common sense.

I'm surprised at Denmark because I always thought they were one of the more thoughtful and sensible members of the EU. I

Hello - the post is about Denmark not Thailand and laws in Thailand.

Any chance to have a moan..................

No you are wrong. Very very wrong. I have pointed this out numerous times but I'll do it again:

You need to do a little reading on the topic of "Speech Delay" and pay attention to stuff like bi- and multilingualism.

Making assumptions and refer to perfectly reasonable arguments as "daft" really is...daft.

No you are wrong. Very very wrong. I have pointed this out numerous times but I'll do it again:

You need to do a little reading on the topic of "Speech Delay" and pay attention to stuff like bi- and multilingualism.

Making assumptions and refer to perfectly reasonable arguments as "daft" really is...daft.

You can call me daft as much as you like, nooooooooo problem, but as an old guy I know how my own country has changed to accept foreign folk but where l live in LOS, the country does not accept me. Just a fact that I must deal with even though I am taking care of their nationals.

If I was to write here what I know about foreigners getting a foot hold in the lands of benefits and how it is done I would be in trouble, and you would not like it.

PS. I am so so so wrong eh, you have not responded to the dilemma if the Dane's wife passed on if he lived in LOS. Blinkered or what.

You can call me daft as much as you like, nooooooooo problem, but as an old guy I know how my own country has changed to accept foreign folk but where l live in LOS, the country does not accept me. Just a fact that I must deal with even though I am taking care of their nationals.

If I was to write here what I know about foreigners getting a foot hold in the lands of benefits and how it is done I would be in trouble, and you would not like it.

PS. I am so so so wrong eh, you have not responded to the dilemma if the Dane's wife passed on if he lived in LOS. Blinkered or what.

It would be a lot easier if you simply said:

"ok, I realise now that it was wrong to assume that a 3,5 year old that grew up in Thailand can speak Thai, especially at an age of 7 after spending 3,5 years in a foreign country"

I won't hold my breath though...

• Like 1

No, I think he means that the little one may actually not speak Thai. I have met a lot of kids in this situation after they have lived abroad. They might speak a little, but not at the level they should and not at a decent level of fluency. A lot of times, the parents leave and don't focus on Thai, don't have the resources to continue teaching them Thai or see Thai (or whatever language) as a hindrance to their children, so don't make them learn it. It all depends on the parents. You would be surprised. I have met children in their early teens who had no native language. Scary.

The Danish system is infamous for doing this.

If the step dad hadn't died they would still have been able to live in Denmark. I don't know their financial situation but for me as a Danish citizen I think Denmark should allow them to stay even if it means they are on welfare, they came to Denmark with the best of intentions and not to benefit from the Danish welfare system they were struck by tragedy and now are punished even more by being send out of the country.

There are thousands of people coming to Denmark to exploit the Danish welfare system and they are allowed to do so and should be send home but these two people should be allowed to stay I am repulsed by who we are allowing to stay and who we send out of the country.

This story makes me be ashamed to be a Danish citizen.

While I understand what you are saying, the only reason the woman was there was because she was married to a Dane who was financially supporting her. Welfare in another form one could argue.

I suspect if she was working or otherwise contributing to Danish society then she and her son would have been allowed to stay.

According to the Danish media mother Suthida Nielsen is contributing to the Danish society being under education as a social worker assistant (SOSU), an education in Danish language. She has never received any social welfare compensation from the Danish society for her and her daughter Im, so the family takes care of themselves. Suthida have been in Denmark almost five years by now (ref. TV2 News).
As mom speaks Danish, it is very likely that she also speaks Danish with her daughter, being well integrated due to attending Danish school.
The Danish system is, that the authorities look at family ties. When Suthida’s Danish husband died of cancer last year, the family ties seems stronger in Thailand than Denmark, with only the in-laws from her late husband. From the way the Danish media refers, the late husband did not adopt Im, even she has changed name to her stepfather’s family name, Nielsen, like her mom.
The supporting protest reaction from the Danes with signature collection is due to, that the Danish authorities do accept residence based on humanitarian reasons in other cases, but mainly when the immigrants come from war zones, where even convicted criminals are allowed to stay in Denmark and still be financially supported by the welfare system. There is a heavy ongoing debate about this at the moment in Denmark.
Some of us Danes really feel ashamed over a case like Suthida and Im Nielsen – a little family that seems well integrated and contributing to the society – I fully agree with what Spacemand said above.

Well if this is the case, I stand corrected. If she is a contributing member of society she should be allowed to continue to do so.

As I said, I can tell you some stories. whistling.gif . But, farangland is facing up to stuff, that even I know is milking a countries system. Kids are a major key used in the system by non nationals. Very simple strategy.

What on earth are you babbling about?

You're hinting, whistling, making hidden accusations and God knows what.

"farangland is facing up to stuff ... milking a countries system"...? Are you referring to something irrelevant again, transam?

The article doesn't state the age of the father that died and the cause of death of death was cancer so that he could have been any age. However, we all know that Thai women marry elderly Western men because they know they will die sooner rather than later. Indeed, I personally know such people.

I once met a girl who immediately told me that I wasn't her type. Next, I heard she was getting married to a much more elderly Danish man (yes, he was also a Dane). A few months later when I enquired about her marriage, she told me that her husband had died, but declined to answer how or of what cause. Seh made out that she had been very sad, but was getting over it. Sad, my foot...overjoyed more like it to milk the cow so soon.

Then, I knew after that that the reason I wasn't probably her type was that I was too healthy.

So, in some ways, I think the Danish court's decision isprobbaly justified. we all know they scam the Danish welfare state. They should be deported.

The article doesn't state the age of the father that died and the cause of death of death was cancer so that he could have been any age. However, we all know that Thai women marry elderly Western men because they know they will die sooner rather than later. Indeed, I personally know such people.

I once met a girl who immediately told me that I wasn't her type. Next, I heard she was getting married to a much more elderly Danish man (yes, he was also a Dane). A few months later when I enquired about her marriage, she told me that her husband had died, but declined to answer how or of what cause. Seh made out that she had been very sad, but was getting over it. Sad, my foot...overjoyed more like it to milk the cow so soon.

Then, I knew after that that the reason I wasn't probably her type was that I was too healthy.

So, in some ways, I think the Danish court's decision isprobbaly justified. we all know they scam the Danish welfare state. They should be deported.

Out of curiosity, do you know if Denmark practices conditional residential permits or visas? For instance, in UK a person can be granted such visa. It basically means the partner agrees to support the immigrant financially. The result here is that the sponsor assumes all financial responsibility. Edited by Forethat

Eye for an eye.

Simple mind is a joy forever.

Reciprocity

Some old habits and constraint thinking well.... maybe good that thai laws are the way they are and that they only want the money from many of us.

A 12 year old is able to sprout more (emotional) wisdom than some of the posters on this topic who are babbling babbling and just babbling away on a childish manner. A night of sleep has not changed anything. The lack of logic,which many claim the thais dont posess, well.....they have adapted to that part of society, unknowingly, quite well.

Interesting read though ! Keep it going i would say.

Pityful !!