New CBR 300 Is Born

KRS1

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it's going to be a CBR286. It would be cooler if they actually gave these new bikes their correct name.

You guys are funny. In the late 60s my Kawasaki 350 was only 338cc and in the early 70s my Suzuki 350 was only 315cc. However, my 1973 Kawasaki 900 was actually 903cc. This rounding off of sizes is not something new. It's always been done. At least with the Nipponese bikes.

I think will also depend on the type of riding...straight lines or tight curves.

I'd take the Ninja 300 for both.

The Ninja will be wider, heavier and with less low end torque, ill take the CBR 300 smile.png

Edited by KRS1

The ninja and the CBR are quite different bikes. you cannot compare both easily, the CBR is a lot cheaper. quite good for Bangkok. you cant go fast in Thailand. there are pot holes and idiots everywhere which will not let you ride in peace...

The CBR250 has actually beaten the ninja 250 in races where there is a lot of curves and not many long straight ups... the CBR is lighter and better on the curves.

I just can't find the videos... but it was a CBR250 very modified,. it was sub-250cc race tracks in Arizona... I think..

but the ninja 300 is not bad either, it's about taste and budget. for riders with passengers, the cbr might be a better fit even.

The CBR300 with the exhaust of the CB500, lighter than the 250, and if it's the same price, not a bad bike for leaners.

Here is the video that he's talking about^^

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

both cbr and ninja are modified. The cbr destroyed the ninjas ( yes, multiple) that day. Ninja is a nice bike but the cbr handles better , the only way the ninja can get ahead is if the straights are long enough. nice video and proof to all the people that look down on a cbr250 that this little inexpensive bike is way better then they think it is.

Edited by pokerkid

There's nice CB 'street bike' and X 'trail' versions of the 300 in Latin America ..... would be great to have these options in Thailand. Somehow seems more appropriate than a fully faired sports version.

Yes, these two: CB300R and XRE300

They are awesome. but expensive in Brazil due to insane Tax.

http://www7.honda.com.br/linha300/main.html#/urbano

http://www7.honda.com.br/linha300/main.html#/adventure

both cbr and ninja are modified. The cbr destroyed the ninjas ( yes, multiple) that day. Ninja is a nice bike but the cbr handles better , the only way the ninja can get ahead is if the straights are long enough. nice video and proof to all the people that look down on a cbr250 that this little inexpensive bike is way better then they think it is.

yes, thank you pokerkid, that's the video I was trying to find.

the CBR is a great bike, i hope now people will make better judgements about it, than just talk out of the back hole :D

There's nice CB 'street bike' and X 'trail' versions of the 300 in Latin America ..... would be great to have these options in Thailand. Somehow seems more appropriate than a fully faired sports version.

Yes, these two: CB300R and XRE300

They are awesome. but expensive in Brazil due to insane Tax.

http://www7.honda.com.br/linha300/main.html#/urbano

http://www7.honda.com.br/linha300/main.html#/adventure

The Adventure would be a lower cost and simpler alternative to the CB500X. Looks ideal for Thailand to me.

Even lighter and narrower than the 500X - so great for Bangkok traffic - and aircooled simplicity.

I hope Honda's spam team doesnt do the same thing they did to this forum when the 250 came out, that seriously turned me off the bike for many years and would not even consider it thanks to those trolls.

Didn't he say that both bikes had several thousand dollars of mods done. He does in the comments section of the video. Hardly representative of what you would get straight from the box and the only mod you'll ever do is a 5,000 baht slip on. :rolleyes:

I hope Honda's spam team doesnt do the same thing they did to this forum when the 250 came out, that seriously turned me off the bike for many years and would not even consider it thanks to those trolls.

So people who realise Hondas are better than Kawasakis are trolls, right? How does that work?

So people who realise Hondas are better than Kawasakis are trolls, right? How does that work?

if youve been here long enough youd know what im talking about.

but you havent.

if youve been here long enough youd know what im talking about.

but you havent.

Guess a lot of people don't know what you are talking about because they don't take this forum as serious as you do wink.png

speaking of trolls biggrin.png

You mean those ugly creatures living deep in the bush? biggrin.png

troll.jpg

as far as i know they live in many places in thailand, I see lots of them on the street. Covered in tats, wearing a chang wifebeater and usually in the company of a small goblin.

speaking of trolls biggrin.png

You mean those ugly creatures living deep in the bush? biggrin.png

troll.jpg

as far as i know they live in many places in thailand, I see lots of them on the street. Covered in tats, wearing a chang wifebeater and usually in the company of a small goblin.

...theyre also frantically punching away on the their smart phones to set up new email accounts to register new usernames.

as far as i know they live in many places in thailand, I see lots of them on the street. Covered in tats, wearing a chang wifebeater and usually  in the company of a small goblin. 

And just like in Lord of the Rings they're big dumb brutes controlled by those goblins.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, except that they are declared HP, which are presumably at the crank and presumable not exactly exact.

What does the Ninja 300 pull on rear wheel, 33-34HP? I think the CBR loses less power than the ninja between the crank and the RW so probably about 27-28 RWHP. Quite simply put there won't be 9HP difference of RWHP between them.

Still better off getting the Ninja though really for those that want to buy one.

I'd love a Ninja rather than a 250 but I'm 6 foot 4 and it's just a terrible fit compared to the cbr which doesn't feel as awkward. My foot crests on the exhaust on the ninja and it's a bad riding position for me :-(

Any new news on pricing or availability? I would be interested in buying a CBR300 early next year if the price is right.

I am not a huge fan of a 300cc single but inline twins don't really float my boat either so I am leaning to the CBR for ergonomics and price. Doesn't seem to be much point to moving up to the 500cc CBR or any of the Kawasaki 650 bikes since they would all be compromise bikes as well.