New CBR 300 Is Born

KRS1

I couldn't help but make a Marc Marquez impersonation!! Lol

The 300 is growing on me just a tad bit. The more I looked at it the more I liked the few changes. By the way CBR 150 will be the same.

Your lucky nobody has jumped on you for not having a good helmet for that lean ;)

That 300 we have not had any 1st hand reports on it here. Would like to hear some

Also glad they are keeping the 150. I thought I read they may do away with them which would be a shame.

I always thought the 150 looked very good

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't help but make a Marc Marquez impersonation!! Lol

The 300 is growing on me just a tad bit. The more I looked at it the more I liked the few changes. By the way CBR 150 will be the same.

Your lucky nobody has jumped on you for not having a good helmet for that lean wink.png

That 300 we have not had any 1st hand reports on it here. Would like to hear some

Also glad they are keeping the 150. I thought I read they may do away with them which would be a shame.

I always thought the 150 looked very good

you are totally right, honda cbr150r is one of teh best looking bikes around IMO, small and light, looks better than cbr250r.

Has anyone seen a price for the 300 yet ??

Plus, when are they going on sale !!

They told me that the bike will be at dealers in about 1 or 2 months. It will be sold at regular dealers and not a bigwing exclusive so there will be on official price.

One of the guys talking about the bike said around 150k but he couldn't be right as he doesn't even ride or even know to much about the product.

I'll have my honda dealer keep me updated when the first ones come in.

I'm really considering trading in my 150 for the 300 as I can easy play it within a year. But I would rather buy the CBR 650 as it's an over all better bike. Well there are pro and conds on each of them. If I get the 300 I'll shot for the REPSOL!! Well let's just see what happens no promises. As soon as a hear of the actual price I'll post it

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen a price for the 300 yet ??

Plus, when are they going on sale !!

Two local dealers in Udonthani have quoted a price between 120 and 140,000 and state not in the showrooms til June at the earliest.

Would be interesting to hear other price quotes round the country.

At the Motor show the Honda man there said not more than 150 000!

They certainly wouldn't want to be!

They're basically just the same 250 but with it designed to be 286cc, then with an imaginative 300 sticker stuck on the fairing.

CBR286 sounds better.

Was it the Tiger 250 that was only 223cc. biggrin.png

it is all about marketing. You cannot sell a bike named cbr286 of course.

At least Honda gave me a full 649 cc on a claimed 650 cc. I feel luckylaugh.png

Honda did wrong on making this bike 286 cc. They have to do it a nice 350 cc to pass ninja 300 and to compete with ktm duke 390 being single.

Also they had a chance to keep a 250cc bike on their arsenal for better segmentation as there is difference between a 250 and 350 cc.

They have to make 471 cc 500 series to a full 499 cc to make these bikes more powerful and superior also.

So a 249 cc bike a 349cc bike and a 499 cc bike makes better segmentation for Honda actually.

CBR286 sounds better.

Not when the competitor is 296cc and just about fairly labeled as 300.

Ducati 916, 996, 748, 848, etc etc. Kawa 636.

Nothing wrong with labeling a bike correctly, unless it really needs false advertizing.

CBR286 sounds better.

Honda did wrong on making this bike 286 cc. They have to do it a nice 350 cc to pass ninja 300 and to compete with ktm duke 390 being single.

Also they had a chance to keep a 250cc bike on their arsenal for better segmentation as there is difference between a 250 and 350 cc.

They have to make 471 cc 500 series to a full 499 cc to make these bikes more powerful and superior also.

So a 249 cc bike a 349cc bike and a 499 cc bike makes better segmentation for Honda actually.

Honda will not increase power for the 500cc range because they need to comply with the A2 license.

CBR286 sounds better.

Honda will not increase power for the 500cc range because they need to comply with the A2 license.

I know that but it is not hard to restrict it for A2.

Mine is just a thought and not unreasonable.

CBR286 sounds better.

Not when the competitor is 296cc and just about fairly labeled as 300.

Ducati 916, 996, 748, 848, etc etc. Kawa 636.

Nothing wrong with labeling a bike correctly, unless it really needs false advertizing.

As you said they market Kawai not as ninja 296 but sure much more fair.

of course I prefer Honda cbr300 as a 299 cc as well but maybe due to some technical reasons they did not increase it to 299 cc?

Honda just took the CBR 250's engine and bored it up. After R&D they came up with a good engine that makes good power and torque.

They also made it lighter than the previous model.

I thought they just increased the stroke.

Honda just took the CBR 250's engine and bored it up. After R&D they came up with a good engine that makes good power and torque.

They also made it lighter than the previous model.

I thought they just increased the stroke.

Sorry your right the stroke was increased from 76x55 to 76x63. My mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Same as the Kawasaki Ninja's when they went from 250 to 300 models.

They went from a bore x stroke of 62mm x 41.2mm to a 62mm x 49mm

It nets them more torque. But I wish Kawasaki had gone bore instead.

I will as always point to Moto3 gp bikes as reference in this size bike for many reference/reasons

In Moto3 they have a 81mm limit in bore size & the builders like KTM & Honda use it all.

KTM run 81mm x 48.5mm netting 249.5cc engine with 14k rev limit per moto3 rules

This is how you build HP based higher B/S ratio engines.

Most of the bike manufacturers are building "commuter friendly bikes" these days

in the smaller classes. They should get back to fun sport bikes asap or at least offer one IMHO wink.png

I guess the manufacturer's bean counter sees more demand from primarily 'commuter' types and figure 'sport bike' aficionados will go ahead and buy a higher profit margin 650 or something.

I believe spendy Moto3 gp bikes are available for those select few willing to pay for the punch.

Many (i.e., me; obviously not you) riders can have a lot of fun even on the economical CBRs and such.

I guess the manufacturer's bean counter sees more demand from primarily 'commuter' types and figure 'sport bike' aficionados will go ahead and buy a higher profit margin 650 or something.

I believe spendy Moto3 gp bikes are available for those select few willing to pay for the punch.

Many (i.e., me; obviously not you) riders can have a lot of fun even on the economical CBRs and such.

Not at all Al

I have tons of fun on my 250

Nothing wrong with remembering what it was like though

Years ago when Honda, Yamaha,Kawasaki & others made beautiful 250/400 engines for street use.

None would buy a Moto3 bike for street use & I was just pointing out how times have changed in regards to bore x stroke ratios.

No need to get testy wink.png None is denying fun to be had on any bike you have

In 1967 I weighed 128 lbs. and had a Yamaha 300cc 2-stroke twin.

I could barely hang on when I gave it full throttle.

It could out accelerate any muscle car in town.

Then I got a girlfriend and a Buick with a big back seat.

Gasoline was 25 cents per gallon.

They should get back to selling gas for that price again asap, IMHO.

Yup, you can stroke an engine only so much.

I wonder if the 250s could be re-fitted with the new crank (& connecting rod?).

Only 8mm more.

Interesting.

What parts would need to be swapped out? and how much do they cost now on the CBR250?

Suppose you'd also want a fuel controller.

In 1967 I weighed 128 lbs. and had a Yamaha 300cc 2-stroke twin.

I could barely hang on when I gave it full throttle.

It could out accelerate any muscle car in town.

Then I got a girlfriend and a Buick with a big back seat.

Gasoline was 25 cents per gallon.

They should get back to selling gas for that price again asap, IMHO.

so you just got rid of your bike just bc it is nice to <deleted>.k on the back seat of a big Buick and petrol was cheap? Shame on you manlaugh.png

Actually you can go for good and interesting positions on a bike with a girl who is ok with bikes, fantasies and open air sexbiggrin.png

but yes less comfy sex still a lot more exciting than the back seat of a car!

Archived