Last messages from victims cause stir

Lite Beer

LAO CRASH
Last messages from victims cause stir
THE NATION

Messages retrieved from the LINE chat app sent out by a Laotian stewardess prior to the ill-fated flight QV301 were distributed online yesterday, drawing heartbreaking comments from Thai and Lao netizens mourning her death and deploring the accident.

Kaysone Phonelat, who would have turned 24 tomorrow, chatted with a friend one day before her flight duty on Wednesday to Pakse Airport, which is not far from where she lived. Kaysorn said she had bought two gold rings for her parents, and expressed excitement at a birthday party that had been planned for her.

The stewardess was a Lao National University graduate and participated in a beauty contest four years ago, in which she won a Miss Good Personality award.

The Facebook page of a Laotian passenger was also publicised by her online friends.

The last photos posted by Chinda Phommasone show her standing in front of a home before flying off from Vientiane's Wattay International Airport, which is marked up in Facebook's check-in feature, heading to Pakse.

Thai and Lao netizens offered comfort to each other over the crash, which claimed passengers from both countries.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-18

To all the relatives and friends involved in this tragic accident , my thoughts are with you all at this time .God bless . Lets forget the hype for a moment and ask the question , Why?

Do you think the relatives and friends are going to read your rip ? Could be just a waste of broadband.

• Like 1

To all the relatives and friends involved in this tragic accident , my thoughts are with you all at this time .God bless . Lets forget the hype for a moment and ask the question , Why?

Do you think the relatives and friends are going to read your rip ? Could be just a waste of broadband.

Doesn't matter.

It's out there in the ethos, making the world a little richer, a little closer, and a little less cold.

Agreed. Sympathy for...all... the victims of a tragedy like this is not a waste in any sense of the word.

• Like 1

I am going to agree one hundred percent with what Sunderland has just said. It is spot on.

Top post my friend.

Agreed mrtoad ,but with one proviso. Much is debated on the web boards, and with real feeling and emotion. The real issue is the arrogance of the phu yai. They know they have the power and can simply ignore the netizens who in real life can put themselves in a dangerous situation if they were to express their true feelings face-to-face. "Face" being the key word.

What a cold and spiteful thing to say. It must be terrible being you.

• Like 1

It's a tragedy for sure. It's a shame so called Thai netizens don't put a great deal more pressure on their government and police force to raise and enforce safety rules for all kinds of transport in this country. Behind each bus/minivan/car/motorcycle accident are the very same family tragedies. A plane falling out of the sky shouldn't be any less thought provoking for the public than a bus crashing into a ravine, and yet it just happens time and time again.

R.I.P. all those whose deaths are caused by the negligence of others.

I guess all transport related deaths are, in one way or another, caused by the negligence of people, but the day our ancestors scrambled up off all fours and walked upright, life started to become (more) risky. It was risky before, of course, because of the impact of predators, but man's ingenuity causes problems for him. We feel the need to go further, faster, higher, etc., and that involves risk, no matter how small, how well contingency planning is done, how well risk is minimized.

That doesn't make this any less of a tragedy, but air travel will never be entirely safe, just as other forms of transport won't, but it is still infinitely safer than surface transport.

I hope the cause is established, and whilst weather does cause aircraft accidents, the fact that the crew put the aircraft in that situation, will probably contribute if weather is seen to be part of the equation.

It's well established that with small airlines, the pressure to 'push on' is far greater than with larger airlines, so even if the crew did contribute, their desire to do so is driven from further up the food chain within the airline, and a complete change of culture is required to make any change there.

I read a report that indicated there had been an explosion and the aircraft was on fire?? That will come out in the inquiry, I hope.

It's all so sad for those on board, their families, and friends.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Stop being cynical...this is a tragedy..

Thai Visa claims another golden nugget malapropism

"out there in the ethos"

Such a rich source smile.png

Don't take this personal, poster: we all do it - I know I do it when I rush something off at times. Just that some strike a chord as being as amusingly appropriate as the correct word.

Edited by SantiSuk

Sure am happy that I don;t know you.

It's a tragedy for sure. It's a shame so called Thai netizens don't put a great deal more pressure on their government and police force to raise and enforce safety rules for all kinds of transport in this country. Behind each bus/minivan/car/motorcycle accident are the very same family tragedies. A plane falling out of the sky shouldn't be any less thought provoking for the public than a bus crashing into a ravine, and yet it just happens time and time again.

R.I.P. all those whose deaths are caused by the negligence of others.

Yes have to agree with Mr Toad it's a top post.

Why is it in this beautiful country,that human life is simply not worth a toss,and as cheap as chips?A country where money rules the roost, and the issue of accident prevention is obviously thought of by the government as a massive inconvenience, and so gets swept under the carpet.Shame on the Thai government for being so irresponsible.