Wifey and I Thinking About Opening a Language School

FangFerang

I have a handle on DOE requirements, spatial and accomodation requirements for student numbers, but I am stuck on a strange point. We want to have whiteboards (not smartboards, the whiteboards using whiteboard markers). I can't find a company that installs them. I have been told they are expensive, but I have no way to make an informed decision without information.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

The large school chain I worked for just used plywood with white melamine? coated on one side with a wooden frame around it. They just replaced them this year after 9 years. They would have been very cheap because everything they do is very cheap!! They refuse to pay for elastic bands for the kids hair and made the teachers pay for them to give you an idea of their expense a/cs !!blink.png

• Like 1

Do something different and also teach the PURE 100% spoken Thai/Isaan.

I have done the school thing.

But really just wanted to speak and understand, so basic loso Thai.

No diploma's for this and maybe also no ed-visa, but as an extra class

Whiteboards are dirt cheap, 6" x 4" are around 1000baht and are fastened to a wall with 4 screws. What could be simpler ??

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ไวท์บอร์ด

Hardly big enough for a classroom. There are many places in Bangkok that specialize in educational supplies. If you can't find a whiteboard, I'd suggest thinking again about opening a school.

I see a whiteboard for sale here http://www.rama2hand.com/ 1.2m x 2.4 m for 3600 baht

Edited by Neeranam

Depends how tough it needs to be. You can get a whiteboard finish on an easy roll up sheet which is about 1-2mm thick. I have used one for 18 months and it is still going strong. My mate has had one on the wall for three years no problem. Cost for sheets something like 2mx4m just a few hundred baht and then obviously the fixings. Beauty of it is it is light so much easier to fit. I would think you can see these at most builders merchants. Cleans very easily with a cloth and surface doesn't wear quick. If you do have a problem very cheap to replace.

While on this topic I would like to ask a question.

What are the legal requirements for opening a language school? Degree in education ?

I am interested to know as I have also considered this.

Masters. There are easy ways around this if you don't have one yourself.

Walked past walen school asoke yesterday. My jaw just dropped. A very pretty woman in tight fitting clothes(her boobs wanted to come out but were not allowed to). I walked slowy to see what she was doing there...............lol. Looks like she is Management as she walked into a cubicle to do what looked like work.

If i were to need a language school thats the one id go to................lol.

Valuable lesson here . Its not all about teaching.......................lol.

Walked past walen school asoke yesterday. My jaw just dropped. A very pretty woman in tight fitting clothes(her boobs wanted to come out but were not allowed to). I walked slowy to see what she was doing there...............lol. Looks like she is Management as she walked into a cubicle to do what looked like work.

If i were to need a language school thats the one id go to................lol.

Valuable lesson here . Its not all about teaching.......................lol.

Why do you think Walen always uses cute girls in the advertisements.... it is to give all the (older) farang a little hope of getting more then just an education from the teachers.

And his strategy WORKS, many farang will sign up when you got pretty staff working for you. And many students suddenly don't show up anymore in class after they find out the teacher has a boyfriend/ is married......

Edited by pokerkid