Benz Engine

Pmax

I am looking for a good running Mercedes Benz Engine. V8 - 450, 500 or 560 ( M117 engine code ). Must be a KA - Jetronic ( 1975-81) and Euro Spec ( No D-Jet or KE- Jet, No USA Spec., No Low-compress. Export models - No Emmission cleaned - Cat-models). The good ones only . Euro Spec with full HP, No Cats.

Full package with auto transmission, K-Jet, A/C, Generator, Ignition control as it is for a swap into another classic Benz with orig. 6 cyl.Benz K-Jet.engine.

You got a heavy drinker V8 Benz and like to swap Lexus/Toyota V8 ( 1UZ-Fe ) or 1/2JZ ? I buy your V8 ! and can help you with the 1UZ ! , 1/2JZ

You know someone who got a V8 and like to get rid of it ? You know a shop that got these beasts ?

Contact me !

thank you

Pmax

believe me, I googled almost every possible word-combo ! I visited every possible place, phoned whoever may know something and after 18 years in the country I do know a few guys.

already done Jap-swaps are no option ! Not even the stereo in the car is made in Japan ! Difficult to find a good M117.

Had a call from a Thai guy in Bangkok who may help. He got a few M117 engines out of UZ-swaps. Will see him next week.

Sure it is a possibility to buy a complete car ( w116/W126), they are pretty cheap to get, 350.000B, and rip the heart out. But that will leave me with another unfinshed car in my garage. There are already a few, not to mention the bikes parked all over the house. The wife is not really happy about if bringing another one home.

I am looking for an engine ! engine only. It is for a W123 coupe. The car is in perfect condition, with the original 280engine just a bit low on HP and torque . The car is for my daughter. She is working with me on car and bike engines since she is 12 and rebuilds , adjusts CIS fuel injection systems with her closed eyes. She got my genes and a Jap car is as much a no-go for her as new high-tech soulless monkey rides. I grown up with V8's, always had V8's and she will start with a V8 ! wink.png

• Like 1

the lexus / toyo V8 (1UZ) is a great V8. Got one in a Grand Cherokee. Got nothing against Jap V8's, but in a Benz it is a NO-GO !
I try to stay original as much as possible. Thats why I consider only engines that already exists the time the car was built. No problem to get a V8 of a w140 or later. But that's not the same age as the car. Back in Germany I would look for a 6.9 or a 560, they are widley available there,but thats to much to ask within Thailand.
I am a bit picky - I know.

Here's my cherokee wink.png

post-75239-0-56670100-1382528235_thumb.j

• Like 1

Long time ago ,but i remember the 3.5 Benz holding on to my friends Aston of that Year. Suprised me !1. Lexus was nice,but so bland.thumbsup.gif

You guys have lost me, the only V8 I had was the Uk Rover and I loved it, come on trans where are you I am not convinced that a Merc V8 is as good as a Chevi V8. biggrin.png

What is a Rover ? biggrin.pngwai.gif they ever made it of the Island ? tongue.png

Chevy builds fine V8's, reliable and easy, cheap to tune. I love the carb. models.

But, staying within my preferred year, mid 70's - early 80's - original set-up.

Rover - 3,5 ltr. ~ 150hp

Chevy - 5,7 ltr. ~ 150hp - 175hp

Benz - 5,0 ltr. 240hp

Benz - 5,6 ltr. 300hp

1975 Benz 6,9 ltr. - 286hp and 550 !! Nm torque

even the Benz micro V8 - 3,5ltr. built from 71-80 got 200hp

but, no chance for any euro V8 to reach to deep distinct rumble of any US V8. Different firing order makes any try just impossible.

Long time ago ,but i remember the 3.5 Benz holding on to my friends Aston of that Year. Suprised me !1. Lexus was nice,but so bland.thumbsup.gif

You guys have lost me, the only V8 I had was the Uk Rover and I loved it, come on trans where are you I am not convinced that a Merc V8 is as good as a Chevi V8. biggrin.png

No time for us, hes got a job selling Tyre Pressure Gauges for T.Lotus.facepalm.gifcoffee1.gif

What is a Rover ? biggrin.pngwai.gif they ever made it of the Island ? tongue.png

Chevy builds fine V8's, reliable and easy, cheap to tune. I love the carb. models.

Rover - 3,5 ltr. ~ 150hp

Benz - 5,0 ltr. 240hp

Benz - 5,6 ltr. 300hp

but, no chance for any euro V8 to reach to deep distinct rumble of any US V8. Different firing order makes any try just impossible.

it's amazing what torque (500Nm) you get nowadays from a Benz 2.5L twin turbo.

Rover - 3,5 ltr. ~ 150hp

Benz - 5,0 ltr. 240hp

Benz - 5,6 ltr. 300hp

it's amazing what torque (500Nm) you get nowadays from a Benz 2.5L twin turbo.

that's true, but I doubt that any modern 2,5 ltr. super-duper-double-turbo FSI-Tdi-GTD whatever engine, will still turn wheels after 30 years+ + of working years !

30, 40 years ago car manufacturers built engines as good and reliable as possible ! Nowadays as cheap as possible with a possible lifespan of a few month past the official warranty.

1975 a standard walmart toolbox and a 10 $ multimeter was all you need to fix any problem, nowadays you need computer diagnostic tools for thousands of $ just to find out whats wrong and another thousands $ for the replacement parts and special tools.

30, 40 years ago a hard to find non repairable engine was crushed, melted and good for tin cans, construction steel or other metal household items.

Nowadays thousands of not dead but to expensive to repair engines are toxic waste.

are we really going in the right direction ?

that's true, but I doubt that any modern 2,5 ltr. super-duper-double-turbo FSI-Tdi-GTD whatever engine, will still turn wheels after 30 years+ + of working years !

30, 40 years ago car manufacturers built engines as good and reliable as possible ! Nowadays as cheap as possible with a possible lifespan of a few month past the official warranty.

1975 a standard walmart toolbox and a 10 $ multimeter was all you need to fix any problem, nowadays you need computer diagnostic tools for thousands of $ just to find out whats wrong and another thousands $ for the replacement parts and special tools.

30, 40 years ago a hard to find non repairable engine was crushed, melted and good for tin cans, construction steel or other metal household items.

Nowadays thousands of not dead but to expensive to repair engines are toxic waste.

are we really going in the right direction ?

How true - absolute nothing more to talk about (but at least the young people will never understand, b/c they don't know about this good "old" stuff).

Good luck and success for your way... thumbsup.gif

Todays cars last 200K with minimal maintenance. My Nissan requires 10,000 mile service intervals and I don't even bother opening the hood between servicings. You are right, I couldn't fix anything in it, but the likelihood of a problem in the first 100K is so far beyond anything pre-1990 it's like a comparing a 1966 Ford Fairlane to a, well, to a modern car. OK, I'm trolling, but really cars today are absolutely amazingly low maintenance and high durability.

Todays cars last 200K with minimal maintenance. My Nissan requires 10,000 mile service intervals and I don't even bother opening the hood between servicings. You are right, I couldn't fix anything in it, but the likelihood of a problem in the first 100K is so far beyond anything pre-1990 it's like a comparing a 1966 Ford Fairlane to a, well, to a modern car. OK, I'm trolling, but really cars today are absolutely amazingly low maintenance and high durability.

You should at-least lift the bonnet occasionally to check fuild levels (Engine Oil/Coolant, Transmission, Brake, Power Steering) because if any of those mechanicals die because they ran out/low on fluid you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

• Like 1

It's a Jap ! and was not available when the car was built ! a modern engine.

Nothing against the UZ ! Great engine and I got one in the GC. But the Benz stays German !

I got no intention to sell but check the market, once you got a Jap engine in a Benz the Value drops significantly !

SE, SEL 100.000 Baht cheaper with 1UZ, SL and SLC 200.000 Baht cheaper.

1UZ engine are pretty cheap to get and the swap costs peanuts.

The M117 Benz engine is 100% pure mechanic. No black box, ECU, No chip. Even the fuel injection is 100% mechanic. Can fix everything by myself with standard tools. Auto transmission works without blackbox, just vacuum, rpm and throttle position. It is a complete do it yourself package, very easy to maintenance.

the lexus / toyo V8 (1UZ) is a great V8. Got one in a Grand Cherokee. Got nothing against Jap V8's, but in a Benz it is a NO-GO !

I try to stay original as much as possible. Thats why I consider only engines that already exists the time the car was built. No problem to get a V8 of a w140 or later. But that's not the same age as the car. Back in Germany I would look for a 6.9 or a 560, they are widley available there,but thats to much to ask within Thailand.

I am a bit picky - I know.

Here's my cherokee wink.png

attachicon.gifPicture 032.jpg

One of the nicest swaps i've seen in TH

Most aren't very appealing to the eye.

Could you fit a 1UZ into the ~1992 Holden Calais you sometimes see getting around in Thailand?

check with www.lextreme.com ! they are the UZ swap experts. If not, the Thai mech. makes it fit. I've seen UZ's in the smallest engine bays, here in T. The Guys in Bangkok are great with modifying and improvising.

The Calais is a V6 mid size sedan ?

Should be no problem.

check the Diff ratios ! probably need to change too.

I wouldn't mind having one of those 5.6 L V8's in my pick-up, but I DON'T think there is enough room between the suspension towers!

I assume your Pick Up is one of the Thailand sold Isuzu, Toyo, Nissan etc....?

You won't find a 5.6 ltr. Benz V8 here in Thailand. I tried !

The 1UZ fits for sure ! get a later Version 96 or a post 96 VVTI. 260-280 hp are enough for any Light Pick Up Truck.

Available and they are CHEAP !

Bit harsh on a Jap V8. Ive had a Porche V8, Lexus V8,Rover V8, Holden V8,and the first V8 i had was a 280 S.E. 3.5. V8. The Lexus matched them all. thumbsup.gif .

Your not into tuning then.......whistling.gif ............smile.png

and the speliing of Porsche gives me the creeps. reminds me of the age old joke when a Porsche instead of a Porch was painted.

laugh.png

I wouldn't mind having one of those 5.6 L V8's in my pick-up, but I DON'T think there is enough room between the suspension towers!

Small block chevy will fit easy, or SB Ford. You can get a SB Chevy up to 7 litre. thumbsup.gif

Why would you suggest a (not common in Thailand) clunky old 2 valve pushrod engine when a multivalve overhead cam engine is in plentiful supply ?