GMM Z hd box

kevc

Hello everyone, I have tried to record using GMMZ HS Lite, but I can't open the file using my laptop, the output format is ts, I try so many player like KMP, VLC, GOM, but didn't work.

can anybody tell me how to open the record file ? What software I need ?

Thanks in advance

sorry my bad english

from another forum a long time ago...

The .ts video format is a container format for MPEG, known as "Transport Stream", which is used most frequently by digital broadcasting systems (digital cable, satellite, etc). Many applications are unfamiliar with how to decode it, since it has a very different multiplexing format than the more conventional MPEG container known as "Program Stream", which is what is used on DVDs, and what is produced by many encoder cards. The difference between TS and PS is only how the packet structure is built; the A/V data inside it is the same.

To get better interoperability, I recommend converting the container from TS to PS. Virtually every piece of software that can decode TS can decode PS, so it's almost always better to have PS file. One of the simplest remuxing tools I've found to use is avidemux. Just choose "copy" for the video and audio streams, and choose the "PS" container format for MPEG

You can try downloading and installing VLC and if it can playback the .ts file natively. If not then you can try downloading and installing avidemux or avconv to stripe or alternatively recode the file into something your target playback equipment favors.

...also, if the program content you recorded had the HDCP flag set "ON" by the provider (usually done for SPORTS and MOVIES) then the TS file will be encrypted and can only be play back on the same system used to create the recording.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend. I have problem with my GMMZ Lite box, my box was malfunction because not complete upgrade via OTA. and now won't turn on anymore..

What should I do? How to solve this problem?

Help me please...Thanks

My friend. I have problem with my GMMZ Lite box, my box was malfunction because not complete upgrade via OTA. and now won't turn on anymore..

What should I do? How to solve this problem?

Help me please...Thanks

First check whether there is a small reset button somewhere on the box.

Failing that, sometimes holding down the power button on the box for 10 - 30 seconds will restart it. Alternatively, hold down one of the other buttons on the box then holding down the power button may work. Be sure that there is a satellite signal available so that, should it restart, it can upgrade.

• 4 months later...

I hope someone can help me here. We just changed our ISP from TOT to True and have IPTV with them on one box downstairs. I just purchased a GMMZ HD Lite box for upstairs. We have 3 satellites (Thaicom 5, China Sat 6a and Thai KU band). The Openbox we had gave up the ghost hence the new GMMZ box. No instructions came with the new box. I just connected all the cables (HDMI, power and satellite in). All I get on every station is 'no signal'. Is there some setup routine I have to go through? I can find nothing on the net, at least not in english.

When the True technican was here the other day he checked the satellites reception because the Openbox was only receiving 2 stations. He showed me on his monitor that all the stations were working, said need new box.

I honestly thought it was plug n play.

Since posting the above I found a page which, in english, tells me how to 'ota recover all.abs' whatever that is. I executed the software apparently successfully however I still get 'no signal' on all stations.

I hope someone can help me here. We just changed our ISP from TOT to True and have IPTV with them on one box downstairs. I just purchased a GMMZ HD Lite box for upstairs. We have 3 satellites (Thaicom 5, China Sat 6a and Thai KU band). The Openbox we had gave up the ghost hence the new GMMZ box. No instructions came with the new box. I just connected all the cables (HDMI, power and satellite in). All I get on every station is 'no signal'. Is there some setup routine I have to go through? I can find nothing on the net, at least not in english.

When the True technican was here the other day he checked the satellites reception because the Openbox was only receiving 2 stations. He showed me on his monitor that all the stations were working, said need new box.

Wow. Lots of unrelated technologies in play listed in your post.

If your Sat dish is receiving ThaiCom 5, ThaiCom KU, and China Sat 6a, then you're likely operating DiSEqC switches and your DVB-S2 Set Top Box setup menu needs to be set accordingly ...ThaiCom 5/6 C-band is on DiSEqC LNB x, ThaiCom 5/6 Ku in on DiSEqC LNB y, ChinaSat 6a on DiSEqC LNB z, etc.

I think the GMMz boxes have a horrible user interface for changing which Satellite it's looking at via DiSEqC. Much prefer the IPM DVB-S2 box, but then it doesn't get the GMMz exclusive/encrypted program feeds.

Link: Lyngsat ThaiCom 5/6 C/Ku at 78.5°E Lyngsat ChinaSat 6a C at 125.0°E

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I have not made myself clear. The net and IPTV are now True (optic fibre, 30mb and IPTV) which only feed the wireless router and the downstairs TV. We have three satellites installed all which used to work fine with 2 x Openbox S10 HD PVR. These set top boxes are really cheap chinese crap, one failed about 6 months in and the other will now only pick up 2 stations each from ThaiCom 5 and ChinaSat 6a. I was told by the salesman in Tesco that the GMMz box should plug straight in and work out of the box with the satellites facing as they are. All I am trying to do is get TV upstairs via the satellites.

Are you saying that I need a satellite guy to come in and install the GMMz box or should I just return the box and get IPM DVB S2 box? Where from? I am really out of my depth here, obviously.

If your Sat dish is receiving ThaiCom 5, ThaiCom KU, and China Sat 6a, then you're likely operating DiSEqC switches and your DVB-S2 Set Top Box setup menu needs to be set accordingly ...ThaiCom 5/6 C-band is on DiSEqC LNB x, ThaiCom 5/6 Ku in on DiSEqC LNB y, ChinaSat 6a on DiSEqC LNB z, etc.

I think the GMMz boxes have a horrible user interface for changing which Satellite it's looking at via DiSEqC. Much prefer the IPM DVB-S2 box, but then it doesn't get the GMMz exclusive/encrypted program feeds.

Link: Lyngsat ThaiCom 5/6 C/Ku at 78.5°E Lyngsat ChinaSat 6a C at 125.0°E

I managed to change the language to english (trial n error). I found a setting page which lists the DISCEqC for each satellite yet there appears no way of changing it.

Satellite C_Thaicom

LNB Freq 5750

Transponder (13/117)4160 V 30000

DiSEqC1.0 Port 1

DiSEqC1.1 1 Cascade M3: Port 4

22K On

Polarity Auto

Signal Intensity 45%

Signal Strength 10%

The values can be changed e.g., Freq, Ports etc yet no changes results in an increase in Signal Intensity or Signal Strength

Hell I am frustrated!!!

As I mentioned, the Internet and IPTV box are unrelated tech to the Sat Dish and GMMz box.

If you have all three satellite LNB feeds coming to your SAT Box using only one cable, then your installation is using DiSCEqC.

The GMMz box should work, and work instantly if ThaiCom 5/6 is on LNB position 1 of the DiSCEqC switch/splitter device where all the LNB feeds converge.

No need to get an IPM box. GMMz is fine, just not intuitive on switching which satellite your wanting to watch.

See if there is a MENU Setting for Edit Satellite

Go to the DiSCEqC entry and tell it what LNB # you think the satellite is on, 1; 2; 3; or 4 (though 4 should be unused)

Our GMMz box went belly up a while back. Looking for a screenshot online if I can find one.

When I used to have GMMZ I typed in 9988 using the remote for the channel setup.

If you plugged into Thaicom 5 either C or Ku band that box would tune automatically but if combining signals perhaps there is an issue - do not have that model and only use C-band. But suspect signal strength of 10% would not provide any stations - I would have a local sat guy check - that other guy who said signal was fine may have been wrong (or connector is intermittent - quick change of connector might be easy if screw type). Or the signal he checked was not the Thaicom 5/6 signal. Suspect ChinaSat 6A needs to be removed as this is not an open box system. As that faces a different direction you should be able to physically unplug to check.

Archived