GMM Z hd box

kevc

Received my new GMMZ HD box with the included gold package and one month platinum. Connected to my old True dish. Came right up minus the pay channels. My wife(Thai)called the service number to activate the pay channels. 5 minutes or so and we had the full package as advertised. He clearly said the Platinum channels will only be good for 1 month and the Gold for 365 days.

I intend to remove the old True ku dish and install a C band dish. As I understand this should reduce the rain fade down to near zero and allow 100 or so more channels to be seen. I am sure these channels are worthless to me or my wife.

I do have a question for the local experts. I see something on the Menu that asks for a password of more than 4 digits to allow access to a menu called Program Edit. Anyone know the default password in this box? The Thai manual that comes with it shows nothing.

I want to build a channel list of my favorites,,,,,,,is this possible?

I paid 2500 baht from Tarad.com BPSat an arm of 9Sat this includes the one year gold pack. EMS to me in one day for 87 baht.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the password is 000000.

In Program Edit you can reorder the channels - you may also be able to skip them and/or add/remove channels from the green buttons - can do so on the old box, but haven't checked on the HD one.

Many thanks taotoo

6 zeros did the trick

• 3 weeks later...

Just here reading this thread to find as usual I have been lied to..

Bought the box (HD 365) based on the promise that the box would provide EVERY channel for 1 year in the purchase price. The only channel I really want is the Fox Sports HD for the UFC. Otherwise I will just have a <1000b box for Thai channels forever for the missus, I dont watch TV.

Now one month later the promised 'all channels for 1 year' has been downgraded to 'some'.

Anyone had success at a refund ?? Or whose window do I throw it through for my own satisfaction ??

Because I trusted what the shop sold it as.. The total lack of english information on the GMM site doesnt help. But when walking in the shop, that was what it was sold as when the cash was handed over.

VERY clearly said ALL channels for 1 year and afterwards 499 per month (so no confusion as to what package being discussed) I also asked about fox HD sports for the UFC and was told yes included, not a promo, not a freebie..

Of course thats now 1 and a half months ago and everyone can deny it.. But it will be tied to a wall brick and go back through their window.. I hate being lied to.

The HD box clearly states Gold package for 365 days in three places (I installed two today so have in front of me) so must have been a communications issue with shop. Most people buy in 7-11 or from a third party. Not sure I would expect to receive a free 4,999 baht subscription in addition to the tuner for the 2350-3000 baht they they sell for.

As said above they do offer full credit for the Gold package if you wish to purchase the higher level for the year which seems to be about all that I would expect.

I agree with lopburi3 on this one. I bought the GMMZ HD box about a month ago from an online source. I did some research on the GMMTV website using some info from one of the topics here and using Google translate. I gleaned enough info to determine that as lop3 states the HD box can be purchased with a 365 day Gold package and a one month trial of the Platinum pack. When my wife called the GMM help center for the activation of the box they explained to her the Gold is effective for 1 year and the Platinum for only one month. She explained this to me. The help center was quite helpful with her on the phone in making sure we were getting the channels correctly.

Since the original start up of the box I am satisfied with the programming content but a bit upset with the Fox News channel as the video and the audio are way out of sync and the picture quality is poor compared to Sky News. I talked with a Pattaya friend and he says his Fox News channel on Sophon cable is the same way so I am thinking the source is sending a poor signal to all of the providers in Thailand. Can anyone else that has GMM Platinum comment on the Fox News channel? I posted this question on another thread but no one has replied with any really good feedback. I do not want to email GMM if the issue is somewhere else.

Bottom line I think GMMTV is providing a decent service

but a bit upset with the Fox News channel as the video and the audio are way out of sync and the picture quality is poor compared to Sky News.

I suspect that the picture quality will get fixed at some point (the channel went from SD to HD, but they're still using an SD source for some reason). They're always messing up the audio - e.g. in the space of a couple of weeks NatGeoAdventure went from English/Thai, to English/Thai mixed together, to currently Thai only. Maybe the next OTA update will fix things..

Don't have this particular box, but on most boxes (pretty deep in the channel setup menus) there will be a function to set / change audio delay. You can use this to sync up sound and video (as they are sent as two separate bit streams). It should be a per-channel setting.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the SD GMM Z box and just use it for the free channels, preferring to get most content from online sources. I need to get a second system running in our new house and the GMM Z HD box looks like a sensible option but I'm wondering if there are any HD channels that are receivable without a package subscription. Do the free Thai stations broadcast in HD?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the GMM Z HD box, but with no package. Now that the F1 season is comming closer I want to buy the platinum package. Can anyone please explain, step by step, what I have to do? The gmmz webpage is not helping, everything in Thai. I also went to a 7-11 shop to buy, but they didn't know how to do.

Call them. Press 1 and then 2. Then try 1 and then 3. Once you've gone round in circles once or twice, hang up and try again. This time try 2 and then 1, or whatever your lucky numbers may be.

Eventually you will get through to a Thai person, who realising you don't speak Thai, will ask you to hold on. They may or may not cut you off at this point. Assuming they don't, then you will now be conversing with an english-speaking person, who will either get you sorted, or tell you to call back tomorrow.

If the former, he will ask for the code printed somewhere on your set top box. Tell him you want Platinum (or whatever). He will assume it's for one month (please don't tell me you bought a box with a year's Gold package and you want to upgrade it - that is beyond the capaabilities of an average man).

He'll ask for your phone number, and then send you an SMS with a special number in it. Go to 7/11, Tesco, or anywhere that has the (I think) MPay logo. Give the checkout person your phone (disable screen time-out first). Say "Mpay GMMZ" in a faux-thai accent, while gesticulating as necessary.

The checkout person will generally understand your plight, and after an overly long amount of keypresses (not to mention minutes) will ask you for 500 baht. If not, their more-experienced colleague will normally get it done. Good luck.

Actually do not believe it is normally too much of a process but then have only activated paid packages and Thai family did so - and it was immediate and no issues but they were advised of pay options. Suspect if you visit 7-11 with the box SN most would be able to help take care of the process - but you do need the box number and believe they do record your name. You have the option of monthly or annual subscriptions and have seen reports that call center has understood upgrading and provided detailed instructions in English to others so likely a luck of the draw if have problems or not.

I went with the card nr. to 3 different 7-11 shops, with no succsess. They couldn't do anything with my number. Then I called to the gmm-z telephone number and managed to get hold of someone, but nobody was able to speak English. So I explained with my brocken Thai that I wanted to buy a Platinum Package at 7-11, but couldn't. They then ask for my box number, my name, address and modile phone number. Then they send me a number via SMS. With this number I hopefully will be able to pay at 7-11. But they gave me also a free trail of the Platinum Package, so I will wait until the free trail is over.

• 1 month later...

We have the SD GMM Z box and just use it for the free channels, preferring to get most content from online sources. I need to get a second system running in our new house and the GMM Z HD box looks like a sensible option but I'm wondering if there are any HD channels that are receivable without a package subscription. Do the free Thai stations broadcast in HD?

I would like to know this too....I see that some Thai channels are now repeated on our old box in HD versions (3, 7, etc.). Been seeing the GMM "Lite" HD box at around 1600 baht, seems like I should be able to just swap that in and see them in all their HD glory.

Does anyone know?

This is the current broadcast station C band in PDF format (easy to print). There are several HD stations free to air but most are on the paid services.

http://www.gmmz.tv/_files/download/c-band.pdf

This is the general download page - you can translate and the last items will be the C and KU band channel lists in format you want.

http://www.gmmz.tv/download.php

This is the current broadcast station C band in PDF format (easy to print). There are several HD stations free to air but most are on the paid services.

This is the general download page - you can translate and the last items will be the C and KU band channel lists in format you want.

Thanks for the links, very helpful.

I found that with no subscription, you can view these channels in HD on the GMM HD "Lite" receiver:

42 Thairath TV HD

118, 439 GTH On Air HD

153, 440 Z OKE HD

311 TPBS

350, 438 Nat Geo Wild HD

436 GMM Football Max HD

437 GMM Sport Extra HD

The other free channels labelled HD (TV5 HD1, 3 HD, CH 7, etc) are tuned by default to SD channels on the satellite, even though the station "bug" ID shows it as HD.

The tuning info for the HD versions is on Lyngsat, just trying to figure out how to edit the channels in the receiver....

Thanks for the links, very helpful.

I found that with no subscription, you can view these channels in HD on the GMM HD "Lite" receiver:

42 Thairath TV HD

118, 439 GTH On Air HD

153, 440 Z OKE HD

311 TPBS

350, 438 Nat Geo Wild HD

436 GMM Football Max HD

437 GMM Sport Extra HD

The other free channels labelled HD (TV5 HD1, 3 HD, CH 7, etc) are tuned by default to SD channels on the satellite, even though the station "bug" ID shows it as HD.

The tuning info for the HD versions is on Lyngsat, just trying to figure out how to edit the channels in the receiver....

I believe the only HD channel uplinked unencrypted on Thaicom is T-PBS.

The other HD programs are uplinked encrypted by each provider, but made available either as part of basic service or bundled subscription with each providers DVB-S2 box (as Lopburi3 stated when he wrote, "There are several HD stations free to air but most are on the paid services.")

So it really depends on what DVB-S2 provider box you have.

Anyone else having major audio/video sync problem on Eurosport?

Since they got rid of HD Eurosport the audio leads the video by about 6 or 7 seconds which is ridiculous. This only seems to happen when there is a Thai alternative soundtrack. When there is English only the sync is just about ok.

Every other channel is fine so I guess that there is something that goes awry in their settings. A call to GMMZ was met with they'll raise the problem with their technical guys which is a start.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I trusted what the shop sold it as.. The total lack of english information on the GMM site doesnt help. But when walking in the shop, that was what it was sold as when the cash was handed over.

VERY clearly said ALL channels for 1 year and afterwards 499 per month (so no confusion as to what package being discussed) I also asked about fox HD sports for the UFC and was told yes included, not a promo, not a freebie..

Of course thats now 1 and a half months ago and everyone can deny it.. But it will be tied to a wall brick and go back through their window.. I hate being lied to.

You probably weren't lied to, the shop probably didn't understand.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone, I have tried to record using GMMZ HS Lite, but I can't open the file using my laptop, the output format is ts, I try so many player like KMP, VLC, GOM, but didn't work.

can anybody tell me how to open the record file ? What software I need ?

Thanks in advance

sorry my bad english

Archived