What's YOUR country famous for?

Maestro

Total crap though isn't it. "Famous for" - a few are spot on, but most are not. UK famous for Facists? erm I think Germany must hold that one. How about "sun never sets" (empire) or "most inventions" (thanks to Scotland), "bad teeth", "Stiff upper lip", "decent beer".

I know diddly about the site, but it is obvious where the allegiance lies! USA famous for lawnmower deaths and Nobel laureates? give me a break! How about "gun crime", or "Hollywood Movies" or "Losing wars against third-world countries" or "starting wars over oil".

Canada, "maple Syrup" yep, but what about ":Mounties"? Belgium, "Chocolate", "EU Bureaucracy" and "Boredom". Holland "Clogs", "Windmills", "Tulips", "Van Gough", "Boys plugging dykes with their thumbs". Germany: "Bratwurst", "Berlin Wall", "Hitler", "Best engineering", "No sense of humour". Spain: "Bulls", "fat sweaty men with black moustaches", "cheap holidays". Italy: "fast cars", "food that was invented in other countries - pizzas/spagbog/etc", "Mussolini", "Mafia", "terrible drivers" . France: "frog legs", "snails", "miserable and unfriendly", "perfume, wine and tiny plates of food" and on and on and on - I reckon we could make a more recognisable map in less than an hour!

Indeed however the Dutch artist minus the ear was Van Gogh, often pronounced Vango ,though in the original nearer Van herrrff.

While France has many interetsing aspects I have nevr in 50 years encountered tiny plates perhaps an eye test is in order ?

Australia is almost as big as the USA with no one really living in it, last count was about 25 or 26,000,000 not counting the illegals and boat people and of course the place was once filled with convicts, but we are on the mend.blink.png

Australia is almost as big as the USA with no one really living in it, last count was about 25 or 26,000,000 not counting the illegals and boat people and of course the place was once filled with convicts, but we are on the mend.Posted Image

Quite a lot less boat tourists now that mrs Ronald McDonald is gone and there actually doing something about it finally ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app