Facebook crash shakes up online businesses in Thailand

webfact

Most Thai businesses believe that a Facebook page is a powerful representation of their business online. There is no doubt that, with the take-up of FB by the local populous, this is a good point however it is no substitute for having a true online business presence. As a facet of a solution it is VERY useful indeed.

The reason why many businesses in Thailand do NOT have their own website appears to come down to a number of key points:

Cost

Availability of able web designers and builders

Long term effort in targetting keywords

Lack of interest in international markets

Truthfully I can understand all of those from a Thai point of view but I can't understand putting all your eggs in one basket from a business promotion point of view yet this is a common trait in Thai life so I guess it will remain the same.

The roof doesn't need fixing whilst it isn't raining, eh?

"yet this is a common trait in Thai life"

Undoubtedly one of the most vacuous generalities regarding all 67 million people made to date. Congratulations.

Within the context of marketing you have to make generalisations. Like the generalisation that all Thai business is done on Facebook. That one I didn't come up with.

My generalisation was "The roof doesn't need fixing whilst it isn't raining". This is true of a large portion of the Thai population. Like saying a Brit will always talk about the weather. Not factual but alarmingly common (I am a Brit).

• Like 2

Most Thai businesses believe that a Facebook page is a powerful representation of their business online. There is no doubt that, with the take-up of FB by the local populous, this is a good point however it is no substitute for having a true online business presence. As a facet of a solution it is VERY useful indeed.

The reason why many businesses in Thailand do NOT have their own website appears to come down to a number of key points:

Cost

Availability of able web designers and builders

Long term effort in targetting keywords

Lack of interest in international markets

Truthfully I can understand all of those from a Thai point of view but I can't understand putting all your eggs in one basket from a business promotion point of view yet this is a common trait in Thai life so I guess it will remain the same.

The roof doesn't need fixing whilst it isn't raining, eh?

"yet this is a common trait in Thai life"

Undoubtedly one of the most vacuous generalities regarding all 67 million people made to date. Congratulations.

Within the context of marketing you have to make generalisations. Like the generalisation that all Thai business is done on Facebook. That one I didn't come up with.

My generalisation was "The roof doesn't need fixing whilst it isn't raining". This is true of a large portion of the Thai population. Like saying a Brit will always talk about the weather. Not factual but alarmingly common (I am a Brit).

dont bite he,s always on the lookout for anti thais...its what he lives for........should be along soon after reading my post..come on fishy i know your out therew00t.gif

Did it crash? Didn't notice. Quit it for good last night after reading about it allowing beheading videos to be shown. Scum.

Where exactly on it's Facebook page do you find the buttons to push to 'Quit it for good...'? I wish to do the same.

Cheers

Under general settings there is a deactivate account button. Two steps later you are free.

thats mean: 1.2 billion - 7 billion gives a fuc_k !!

What I really think about the whole thing when I see a couple sitting opposite sides of a table in a restaurant and both are heads down pushing buttons and ignoring each other.

They may be messaging each other.

Can someone explain for me please how business gets affected by Facebook crash ?

Did he mean staff were unable to play and it resulted in some staff actually doing some work?

Loads of Thai businesses use facebook to promote their products instead of having their own website. I have seen it a few times one of those is coolcase (for bikes) I find it crazy that a company cant pay for a website of its own and manage it.

That is something that amazes me as well. I know of several Thai businesses that have a website, but say clearly on their website that they will not reply to emails.

You will have to contact them through Facebook, place your orders through Fb and get your EMS tracking number posted on FB.

Are you surprised that they will never get any business from me ?

How did these people continue to function without facebook?

Does prove that these social networking sites are addictive, especially when facebook becomes a main and essential part of their lives.

Most sad, very sad indeed. What`s his name? Mark Zuckerberg, kindly thanks them all for becoming addicted to his website and for making him extremely rich.

This was probably an experiment to see how dependant these people really are on facebook.

No wonder Mark is always smiling, so would I be, all the way to the bank. I bet his parents are proud.

Anyhow, keep giving facebook all your personal information and life details for free, to ensure the continuing success of this social media site.

post-110219-0-11819500-1382547464_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Did it crash? Didn't notice. Quit it for good last night after reading about it allowing beheading videos to be shown. Scum.

Where exactly on it's Facebook page do you find the buttons to push to 'Quit it for good...'? I wish to do the same.

Cheers

Under general settings there is a deactivate account button. Two steps later you are free.

No you only think you're free. They're still watching you. laugh.png

I think FB is having second or maybe third or fourth thoughts about that.

"As for users who spend a lot of time on Facebook, they might have been irritated when they found themselves unable to post, comment or press the "like" button for a while"

Shame it didn't crash for good,perhaps it would encourage the superficial who think their lives are rivetting stuff,and need to "get a real life" (yes i'm expecting replies saying that TV members need to also get a life)

What possesses people to broadcast their personal and private lives,under their own name,on a public worldwide,social network is beyond me.

These people are so stupid with no thought that there is and has been Pedophiles and Perverts and social undesireables using Facebook as a hunting ground. Last weekend my wife and I,and our daughter went to a Thai and "Farang" Party,one Thai woman was taking photos of our Daughter,the very next day,the same photos was posted on FaceBook,such is the stupidity of some people,no one can guarantee anything can be kept within certain parameters of settings,of Family and friends only. IMO it will eventually come to a sticky end,and the sooner the better.

Get a Life <deleted>.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 2

Can someone explain for me please how business gets affected by Facebook crash ?

Did he mean staff were unable to play and it resulted in some staff actually doing some work?

Loads of Thai businesses use facebook to promote their products instead of having their own website. I have seen it a few times one of those is coolcase (for bikes) I find it crazy that a company cant pay for a website of its own and manage it.

I have my own website and a Facebook page.

The Facebook page is seen by many more people. I was against the idea of using Facebook until I read about a company that increased its sales tenfold.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Facebook went down! Everybody mobilise! It's a national disaster - bigger than the floods.

Maybe it gave the morons time to engage their brains for a few minutes, rather than sending stupid pics and messages to each other.

I refuse to be on a member of any of these so called 'Social Media Sites' - I will leave it to the brain dead legions!

• Like 1

My New Year's Wish:

FFB down for 1 week every month; maybe, just maybe, people start to talk again to each other wai2.gif

I wish I could grant your wish, I'd love to see the outcome; but maybe not - the hospitals would be full to overflowing with psychiatric patients, or the bedazzled and bemused still gawping at their useless 'smartphones' lost in a world of emptyness. Oh WHAT a sight for sore eyes!

Does anyone think there are any commercial applications for Facebook? I have never heard of anyone selling anything on Facebook. Does someone pressing the "like" tab have any affect on anyones business? Does anyone buy something because many people "like" it? Forgive me if I sound ignorant. But, I have been in sales and marketing all my life, and I fail to see any commercial benefit from Facebook. I understand the amount of traffic the site has. But, does that in any tangible way translate into sales?

It is good advertising through the social network it creates. The wife and I frequent out of the way mountain resorts and I always ask how people from out of town how they found them and the answer is usually FaceBook. A lot of these little coffee shops in the North would be nothing without FaceBook.

Does anyone think there are any commercial applications for Facebook? I have never heard of anyone selling anything on Facebook. Does someone pressing the "like" tab have any affect on anyones business? Does anyone buy something because many people "like" it? Forgive me if I sound ignorant. But, I have been in sales and marketing all my life, and I fail to see any commercial benefit from Facebook. I understand the amount of traffic the site has. But, does that in any tangible way translate into sales?

In a word. Yes. Nowadays you need to be actively social as a business to really succeed. Especially with B2C marketing. B2B applications are growing now too. For the true benefit look up "Open Graph".

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app