Kiatnakin Bank

I'm not sure if anyone here has dealings with them, but if they do maybe they can help.

I have my Car payments through them, which was done with minimal fuss, and they were very helpful. Now, they sent me a Payment card, which means take it to the bank, or 7/11 and make payment etc

Anyway, a couple of months ago, I spoke with someone at head office, and they explained that I could also do this through E-Banking, which suits me a lot in particular as I travel fairly regularly. Anyway, been doing the payments, and no problems.

Yesterday, I had a call from one of them, who spoke pretty poor English, but that's not really the issue, telling me "cannot do E-bank, too much problems etc, etc". "Must use payment card" - anyway, I again asked them, what do you suggest I do, when I am traveling? last month I was in the US, the month before the UK etc...

Cut a long story short, she couldn't answer, so I asked to speak to a manager, but not surprisingly that was not forthcoming. Apparently, they were going to call me back, but what a surprise, nothing.

Is the banking system here this <deleted> backwards, or is it the staff that have no clue? Been interested to know if anyone else is dealing with this Bank, and their experiences and if they pay by e-banking, as they had previosly told me I can.

Sometimes, it's just so frustrating.

My experience with Kiatnakin is that although they have a solid bank with good interest rates they don't have the technology and they aren't linked to other banks - i.e. can't do an electronic transfer to another bank!

I guess this may the reason they don't like you doing it??

I personally would just keep doing it - if you know it works why stop?

Been using them for 2 years no problem, mine is done every month by online banking via Kasikorn, just log in and click, pay now, job done.

Done from anywhere with internet access. All you have to do is set up the payment details first and thats stored in yiu "pay bills" and then its all automated as and when you want to pay.