Have you any friends?

kevvy

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had one other ferang that lived on the other side of my village, we were friends, didnt live in each others pockets but took time out once a week for a coffee and a chat and put the worlds to right. Sadly he died 2 years ago, miss him alot.

so sorry for your lost . I know how that feels . It really hurts.

I am an introvert by nature ,and can live without friends .I have had several good friends through my life though .

At the moment i have just one good male Falang friend .We drink togeather in the local expat bar once a week .Several of my Thai wifes female friends ,i would also class as friends to me .

• Like 2

I could count my real friends on 1 hand. I could count real friends on here on the other. Your family is essential, but thats another story.

Aint that the truth.

My best friend here is German, I have more in common with him than I do with many of my fellow countrymen.

• Like 2

I could count my real friends on 1 hand. I could count real friends on here on the other. Your family is essential, but thats another story.

Aint that the truth.

My best friend here is German, I have more in common with him than I do with many of my fellow countrymen.

It's very true, I have thankfully made some good friends through sports teams, so have bit of a mixture in terms of friends and origin of where hey are from. In the end , finding good friends here int easy, plenty of lowlife that want to drag you down, had some supposed friends who were certainly more interested in self preservation than being decent people. I'm sure it'll catch up with the in the end, and a couple of people , hopefully it'll catchup soon.

As an aside, my best friends, are from school,University and old work places, as these friendships have lasted decades, and wheI go back to the UK it's almost like we have never been away.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

Aint that the truth.

It's very true, I have thankfully made some good friends through sports teams, so have bit of a mixture in terms of friends and origin of where hey are from. In the end , finding good friends here int easy, plenty of lowlife that want to drag you down, had some supposed friends who were certainly more interested in self preservation than being decent people. I'm sure it'll catch up with the in the end, and a couple of people , hopefully it'll catchup soon.

As an aside, my best friends, are from school,University and old work places, as these friendships have lasted decades, and wheI go back to the UK it's almost like we have never been away.

So true, couldnt have written it better myself.

Last time I was back in Jolly Ole Blighty met up with a friend I hadnt seen in years, his mrs remarked something like its 2013 now not 1993.

What was even more frightening, the two women (his mrs and mine) got on like a house on fire even though they had never met each other prior to that night, they were almost like sisters as they sat there laughing at us.

• Like 2

Here in Thailand I find it hard to find friends, real friends not drinking buddies (don't drink so much anymore).

A friend of mine for 30 years also started to spend his holidays in Thailand but fell in love with nice girl back in Denmark so he moved back. We are still friends but don't see each other much anymore, sadly.

Mine wife is my best friend, we can talk about everything and we trust each other 100% and we have a lovely 4 year old boy.

I might start playing golf and hope I can meet some nice folks.

I don't work here so getting Thai friends are not easy, talk to a very nice Thai doctor in my village sometimes but just "over the fence", he is a real nice guy but we don't have much in common.

The expats in my village are nice people but they are living in their own little world and I mostly polite decline their offers for pop by with beers, they are also way older than me.

• Like 1

>>The expats in my village are nice people but they are living in their own little world and I mostly polite decline their offers for pop by with beers, they are also way older than me.<<

You could be missing out there .I hardly ever refuse a party /meeting offer in my Village .It only happens at most once a month though .

Been here 10 years had one mate for 8 years here he then moved back to Ausy keep in touch by skype but not the same so just me and my thai partner of ten years she would walk over broken glass for me and my 2 dogs.

That's it.

At times I think I would like to chat with a fellow or lady ( none Thai ) but hard to find so one just gets on with life.

As long as I have my partner and pets life is great.

• Like 1