Annoying 7-Eleven doorbell only in Thailand?

Dag Ekeberg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the same in every Philippine 7/11..does it bother me..?..does it <deleted>!! However you do need to get our more and lay off the Jamaican wood ones ...and as they say in the LOS "you think tooooooo much" so pull yourself together and get a grip and stop asking nonsense questions

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Okay, time to reveal the truth to you people with the snarky comments: You have impaired hearing (yes, most people do these last few decades). And it will only get worse, so good luck.

Ive spent half an hour on Google and cant seem to find the answer: Does the 7-Eleven chain have such horrendous doorbells in other countries? Or no doorbells? Or softer versions?

I cant believe that people in the west will put up with this earsplitting sound when they enter a store.

I guess someone is really bored and needs a hobby smile.png

I’m so glad you took time out of your busy day to not answer my question.

Anyone has some real input?

You actually wanted a serious answer to such an inane post?

Edited by duanebigsby

The 7-11 doorbell is there to prompt the staff to welcome customers in a "Pavlov's Staff" manner .

Worst is the local Tesco-Lotus that during last Christmas had the PA playing a Christmas "Tune" with lyrics in English, in an area where English is spoken only by a few people and for a few years by school-kids I felt I was the only person that understood that the CD was skipping and repeating the same few lines of song before jumping back mid-sentance to the line before.

I tried to explain to the store manager who "Congratulated me on Christmas and please good shopping..."

Break them with hammers.

• Like 1

The 7-11 doorbell is there to prompt the staff to welcome customers in a "Pavlov's Staff" manner .

Worst is the local Tesco-Lotus that during last Christmas had the PA playing a Christmas "Tune" with lyrics in English, in an area where English is spoken only by a few people and for a few years by school-kids I felt I was the only person that understood that the CD was skipping and repeating the same few lines of song before jumping back mid-sentance to the line before.

I tried to explain to the store manager who "Congratulated me on Christmas and please good shopping..."

Break them with hammers.

It's one of the reasons I dislike XMas music - working in a retail enviroment they'd pipe in Santa Baby and everytime I'd hear it my skin would crawl.

Maybe with 711 it actually emits a sonic sound at the same time to keep the soi dogs from entering the store.

Would you rather they had no 7/11s like Cambodia and Laod? That sound never even raised an eyebrow and if someone did a survey on most unlikely threads on thaivisa this very thread might come in #1

What’s with the bile and anger on this topic?
My guess: Latent anger towards the disk jockeys, the walkmans, the iPods that ruined people's hearing (but as a bonus made it bearable to enter a convenience store).

It's not so much that there is a bell that gets me but in many 7-11s I've been in it never stops ding-donging. They need a timer that allows it only to ring only once every minute or two. I would think that the staff are able to stay awake that long.

I just walked out of a 7-11 in Queensland ten minutes ago. Yes, it had a doorbell but it was more melodious and softer on the ear than the Thai ones.

I don't know if they all have them though. From memory, the service (gas) station 7-11's do not.

I trust this is of interest to the members here on TV awaiting the answer.

I'm so excited waiting for the answer. What is it What is it. OMG I'm going to die for the lack of this answer. facepalm.gif Pleeeeeeeeeese someone give the answer I can't stand it any longer. If I don't get the answer within the next few minutes I'm seriously thinking of topping myself.blink.png

Den

Ham or cheese???

• Like 1

The doorbell at 7-11 is low on my list of noise complaints here. I think number one would be the jingle at global house that is only 15 seconds long but on a permanent loop. I try hard to limit my time in there because more than an hour and I fear I might turn into a spree killer.

Yeah there's one they were playing on a loop when I was in the food court at Robinson on Sukhumvit. Couldn't get it out of my head for the rest of the day. Thought I was going nuts.

Try going into Boonthavorn!!

Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome,Hello welcome. Yes it is annoying. Feel sorry for the people working there. At least they are learning some English.

I referred to this in one of my original posts. I think of this everytime im waiting at the counter!! The door opening for no reason that dumb bell going off while the girl behind the counter is texting her friend etc etc ,)

Dag: I hate to suggest the obvious, but why not just write a polite letter to the 7/11 head office in Australia explaining about your project and enquiring as to THEIR F_ING NEED to have a ding dong on the doors of their retail premises.

I had such a laugh at you thinking that any TV member would know the answer - thank you

• Like 1

I'll take the noise of the bell for the ability to get change for a 1,000 baht note with even the smallest of purchases. Back in the day when you needed change you couldn't even get it anywhere. Still today most shops or taxis don't even seem to be able to break a fifty baht note. Praise God for 7-11!!

• Like 1

Keep the snide remarks coming

Well Dag it would seem that only you and two other people have a problem with

the 7/11 bell, that tell you anything?? sad.png

It tells me that Thaivisa members don’t use Facebook.

Prove me wrong.

Again, that link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=646847505355434&set=a.646847488688769.1073741827.455465341160319&type=1&theater