Buying Motorbike

crabstix

Honda Dream is an ancient design, much cheaper than the Wave and much older technology and design.

Honda Wave is probably the most popular runaround in Thailand, though I'm partial to the "automatics" - Yamaha Nouvo/Mio - for that kind of bike.

And since we are talking a bit about the CBR 150, does anyone have any opinions of the Kawasaki Boss 175? How does it stack up against the CBR?--Cheers
I think it's like comparing apples and oranges, durian and longan. The CBR is always a best attempt at a sports bike - lighter weight, shorter wheelbase, alloy wheels, sharper fork angle, monoshock under the seat, enclosed fairings, etc. The Boss 175 is an imitation Harley, longer, worse handling, heavier, extended forks, etc. Different market. One would expect the Boss to give a better ride on long, open highways.

I bought a Yamaha Spark 135cc recently, not bad but no storage space anywhere.

how much is the price for the spark?

I would stick to a honda wave even the 100 kick start cheap at 27500bht just ask any taxi rider which is the most reliable bike in Thailand HONDA wave

• 5 months later...

Franky I think all the new bikes look the same and as I prefer something classic and reliable I have gone for the C70 which is only 1 year younger than myself.

Starts first kick, stops with both brakes applied and goes round corners better than my Old Honda Tena! I've had the side stand scraping in the first 24hrs of ownership!

Would I prefer disc brakes? Yes. But its a small price to pay for an individual and inexpensive ride that ensures you ride with "forward planning" ( due to the lack of Disc braking efficiency).

renavateo.1166241000.pict0001.jpg

Up to you at the end of the day but, this is a cheaper and much more cheerful option for me.

Been through the Dream and the Wave. This time my wife wanted the 125 Suzuki because it has more power and it has the big storage box under the seat. I found the Wave to be very cold blooded. It balked and stalled a lot when it was cold. My friend has the new 125i wave and he says it is great with no balking or stalling.