A Good pint of Guinness in Pattaya

ryro88

Maggie Mays between 3rd rd & Soi Buakhao.

The farang guvnor is a Dublin man & apparently they order a barrel a week just for him & he has a earned such a reputation that when there were issues with supply to Pattaya a while back, Maggie Mays was the only pub in town to get their order.

Not only do Guinness lines need proper maintainence & cleaning there also has be regular consumption so that the stout isn't lying too long in the lines.

The farang guvnor is a Dublin man & apparently they order a barrel a week just for him & he has a earned such a reputation that when there were issues with supply to Pattaya a while back, Maggie Mays was the only pub in town to get their order.

Not only do Guinness lines need proper maintainence & cleaning there also has be regular consumption so that the stout isn't lying too long in the lines.

sounds good l will check this one

In order to make sure i never had the worry of the guiness going a little bit off, i ran clean water through my lines every night after closing. This ensured i had fresh guiness to start off the next day, and fortunately we were busy enough to make sure that it was never in the pipe long enough during opening hours.

• Like 1

The usual TV precise directions.

OK, Pattaya Klang to Pattaya Tai. Could the poster who nailed this bar's location down to about 1.5 km linear distance be a little more precise. Which connecting soi, please? BTW, Buakhao and 3rd Road do not meet.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Tavern by sea sell a reasonable pint of the black stuff.

Maggie Mays is on one of the small soi's on the left of 3rd road between pattaya tai and pattaya klang heading towards klang. There is a tattoo studio called art original on 3rd road, opposite is the entrance to the Soi. Go down the soi and Maggies is on the left you can not miss the Guinness sign.

The usual TV precise directions.

OK, Pattaya Klang to Pattaya Tai. Could the poster who nailed this bar's location down to about 1.5 km linear distance be a little more precise. Which connecting soi, please? BTW, Buakhao and 3rd Road do not meet.

My understanding is it's on Soi 25 off 3rd which does connect to Soi Buakaow. Sometimes called Soi Chayapoom. As regards the earlier advice about Shenanigans, I had one there once ---- if I was in Dublin, I would have handed it back.

• Like 1

I've had Guinness probably everywhere that sells it in Pattaya. Here are the best places:

1. Maggie May's on Soi Chaiyapoon (off Soi Buakhow) - they go through a lot of Guinness and it's always fresh. It's also probably the least expensive in town as well.

2. Jamison's Pub on the soi connecting 3rd Rd to Pattaya Klang (Nova Hotel is nearby) - fresh.

It's not going to be like the Guinness in Ireland of course, but if you are a fan of Guinness you won't be disappointed.

• 6 months later...

Punch & Judy's on a Tuesday (all day) Guinness is 170 a pint - well it's not really a pint but 500ml - and the food is good too.

Also have Old Speckled Hen licklips.gif , Boddingtons bah.gif and Magners cider licklips.gif at the same price.

Everyday price for Guinness is 195 a pint (500ml) which is about the same price you would pay in Dublin.