True love possible?

timtscott

Ok we have beat this subject to death

Thanks for all of your responses

Lessons learned

Yes, true love is possible but be careful

It is very easy to get ripped off and damage yourself financially and emotionally if you make a mistake in choosing a mate

Focus on educated, independent women in my own age group

Proceed with caution

Thanks again everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by timtscott

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the men who come to Thailand looking for love, I say "Beware". It can happen for you but the natural way of finding it is usually the best. In any culture, there are good and bad women. Look out for warning signs, and trust your heart. If you have doubts, they are there for a reason. Money isn't everything, happiness. All the best Tim.I have a success

story and so do many other members.

Natural is arranged, everywhere in the world, until Hollywood convinced the west different.

Most of the world still does natural, the west does different and families suffer divorce as a consequence.

'trust your heart' (aka trust your cock) what a crock!

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Fifty two - that's an interesting comment. My ex sister and brother in law had an arranged marriage curtesy of the Khmer Rouge!

Apparently, in the concentration camp, they would form two lines, one male and the other female. Look directly across and say hello to your new spouse!

Despite this bizarre introduction they have been happily married for 40 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by timtscott
  • Like 2

Natural is arranged, everywhere in the world, I agree with you guys, read my story of true love for an old man.

In 1997 a 65 year old retried American man came to Thailand. Not to spend his retirement here in Thailand but he came here to be a Rep for Thai manufactures when Thailand was in real estate and banking crisis and gov did devalue Thai exchange rate from 26 B to 46 B against 1$. He is an agent for American imported companies or buyers from U.S. to do outsource their products in Thailand. He was enjoy his golden years in doing business with Thai manufactures from commission that he got from Thai factories for 4% of f.o.b. price. It was because of everything that made in Thailand was 50% cheaper from currency devalued in July 1997. He used to travel to Taiwan from time to time. He came to Thailand in 1996-1997 because Taiwan stops to be industry/low labor cost country. His wife is Taiwanese live in Cal and a son born in 1985. His wife did not come to Thailand with him because a son must be in U.S. school so they are living apart.

In 2003 he went under 5 of L-spine surgery in 2003 at Bangkok hospital it was 30,000 $ paid from his own money. He could not get cover from Medicare because they did not cover outside U.S. After surgery his pain got very good result of healing. But his spine damage was permanently and it made him to be a disable he lives his life on a wheelchair and has to wear adult diaper. He knew that his condition will turn out like this but his pain was killing him he had no choice but surgery. My friend who is a nurse asked me to be his caretaker because I speak English and I was unemployed from a trading company that close down business in Thailand and move to China in 2003. When I was with him in the beginning I also met his wife and his son when they came to Thailand to see him. His Chinese wife wanted him to back to U.S. for Medicare and for a son education. But he wants to be in Thailand because his agent business is here and it is ok for him to pay all healthcare and hospital bills. His commission was enough to pay for every bill. So this family got solution by asking me to be his Thai wife and still keep marry paper for his Chinese wife for legal matter. She was in US. since she was 27 and never work in US at all. She will not entitle to any US SS benefit, this is only one reason. A deal is not divorce Chinese wife for her benefit in US when an old husband passes away. And for myself and my path is help him develop agent business in Thailand with American buyers to come to Thai manufactures. He gave her 10,000 USD per month plus his SS check send to his wife because he needs to maintain hid U.S. address. All income for almost 10 years that support his Chinese wife in US and paid for his son a good living all source of income both Thai and US family come from a company that I run a business for him. He completely cannot walk I feed him and wash him caring him and in the mean time - do business correspondents by email to customers in US and he called by phone only. In 2004 customers did not know me but from a year customers visit manufactures in Thailand and get to know me because I did take care of them when they came to see production line in Thailand.

In 2004 we became a couple and his Chinese wife in Cal knew it but she is ok because she said he needs a caretaker. In 2004 he set up a company just for purpose of buying a house for 100,000USD. or 4 million THB then. My status had transferred from Thai wife to be a business partner. Because of my experience job from trading company, I run a business for him almost 10 years and I send money to US from 2004 to Chinese wife and son until he graduate in 2008.

Unfortunately it was not good time to get job it was sub-prime and CDO crisis then. In 2009 after Lehman Brother collapsed 90% of our customers filed Chapter 11. Thai manufactures that sent shipments to various US customers lost millions of dollars. We got hit too. We lost all our money we and must be part of our buyer to pay debts to factories because most of factories run business by bank loan when business good they honestly pay us our commission. So we cannot just turn our back on them. Factories close down and have to provide some money to workers.

In Jan 2010 we have nothing left. Only a house to live in but big issue is his hospital and med bills that about 1,000 dollars per month at Bangkok hospital. A sickly 81 old man is the one who suffer from his son order or instructed a nursing home in Bangkok do not let me come to visit him at nursing home. I am not his legal wife I cannot visit him now. It is painful and heartbreak. It is does not matter for me to sell a house and give money to his son. But in return I need LEGAL paper between me and the old man. I am working now I make my own income as a working in imported company.

Edited by Tywais
Changed to standard font for better readability

On the the right track? ....

Met my gf on second trip to Thailand so I was still a greenhorn or newbie as they say, she worked in hotel reception and finally I asked her out on my last night in LOS, had dinner, exchanged contacts etc and all over before midnight, chatted 3 times over the next 3 mths, I was a self employed single father looking after 2 young kids aged 2 & 7 (hardly a good catch) she's 31 & I'm a young 45 :-) I remember kids and I having a Skype session with her and My girl said "dad she is so cool and very beautiful" but I just thought I ain't got a shit show in hell with her, until I went back to Thailand for dentistry follow up treatment (as you do), she didn't even know I was coming, anyway got to hotel and co worker rushes out back to tell her your friend is here, she was so happy to see me, we met up nearly everyday and eventually talked about becoming bf/ gf, she explained about her culture etc and told me nothing will happen between us until at least 1 year not even to meet her parents, I thought cool! Nothing to lose.

Now I had a Thai gf, I felt happy but the mind boggles

She gets hit on everyday - Is she a player? - ( 1 guy even sent his parents in to do the sweet talking ) huh

Can I trust her?

Her shoulders look wide - hmm could be a ladyboy

Sleeps with her room mate, why?

Pattaya

$$$$$$

The horror stories

All sorts of things went thru my head and even found myself trying to pick holes in our relationship and making sure and double checking everything added up, it got to a point of getting ridiculous even upsetting her to tears numerous times, she has never asked me for anything, I thought this has got to stop if there's going to be a future for us. So I just immersed myself into the relationship and enjoyed every minute of it, we talk everyday & she always lets me know what's going on.

So over the next 2 years she quit her job, studied & became a teacher and manager of her school (with a bit of financial support) I have visited her sometimes with my kids maybe 6 times, last year she came to New Zealand for 3 months & had a wonderful time until she got the shocking news that her only son 7yrs old had an accident and had passed away just 5 days before her flight back to see him on his birthday. She was absolutely shattered, I had met him once, I felt so bad and still do, I flew back with her but wasn't a good time for me to turn up at the village near Khon Kaen so I flew home the next day.

Since then we have just been cruising along taking things slowly, I have met her hardworking parents and they said I can marry their daughter because I can eat their food haha, she has been back to NZ just recently and it wouldn't have been easy for her, she has made many good friends here in such a short time & kept herself busy working in a Thai restaurant, cutting hair during the day, helping with the kids & going to the gym.

I definitely have an idea what the future holds.

I think I'm very lucky & feel blessed to have met such a wonderful Thai lady. :-)

All the best to everyone's quest for happiness.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

On the the right track? ....

Met my gf on second trip to Thailand so I was still a greenhorn or newbie as they say, she worked in hotel reception and finally I asked her out on my last night in LOS, had dinner, exchanged contacts etc and all over before midnight, chatted 3 times over the next 3 mths, I was a self employed single father looking after 2 young kids aged 2 & 7 (hardly a good catch) she's 31 & I'm a young 45 :-) I remember kids and I having a Skype session with her and My girl said "dad she is so cool and very beautiful" but I just thought I ain't got a shit show in hell with her, until I went back to Thailand for dentistry follow up treatment (as you do), she didn't even know I was coming, anyway got to hotel and co worker rushes out back to tell her your friend is here, she was so happy to see me, we met up nearly everyday and eventually talked about becoming bf/ gf, she explained about her culture etc and told me nothing will happen between us until at least 1 year not even to meet her parents, I thought cool! Nothing to lose.

Now I had a Thai gf, I felt happy but the mind boggles

She gets hit on everyday - Is she a player? - ( 1 guy even sent his parents in to do the sweet talking ) huh

Can I trust her?

Her shoulders look wide - hmm could be a ladyboy

Sleeps with her room mate, why?

Pattaya

$$$$$$

The horror stories

All sorts of things went thru my head and even found myself trying to pick holes in our relationship and making sure and double checking everything added up, it got to a point of getting ridiculous even upsetting her to tears numerous times, she has never asked me for anything, I thought this has got to stop if there's going to be a future for us. So I just immersed myself into the relationship and enjoyed every minute of it, we talk everyday & she always lets me know what's going on.

So over the next 2 years she quit her job, studied & became a teacher and manager of her school (with a bit of financial support) I have visited her sometimes with my kids maybe 6 times, last year she came to New Zealand for 3 months & had a wonderful time until she got the shocking news that her only son 7yrs old had an accident and had passed away just 5 days before her flight back to see him on his birthday. She was absolutely shattered, I had met him once, I felt so bad and still do, I flew back with her but wasn't a good time for me to turn up at the village near Khon Kaen so I flew home the next day.

Since then we have just been cruising along taking things slowly, I have met her hardworking parents and they said I can marry their daughter because I can eat their food haha, she has been back to NZ just recently and it wouldn't have been easy for her, she has made many good friends here in such a short time & kept herself busy working in a Thai restaurant, cutting hair during the day, helping with the kids & going to the gym.

I definitely have an idea what the future holds.

I think I'm very lucky & feel blessed to have met such a wonderful Thai lady. :-)

All the best to everyone's quest for happiness.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sweet post. Hope it works out for you both.

They are really two sides of the same coin.

For sure, doesn't mean one side has changed does it. ?

How do you drop a hot potato?

The answer, of course, is that you just do — because a hot potato hurts your hands, you quickly let it go.

That’s exactly the same way to lose a negative emotion. When you recognize that it hurts you more than anyone else, you will simply let it go.

With prayers for shalom, peace, (from Rabbi said). Not myself say that.

I have no problem supplementing my gf income if it's going to benefit our future, eg quitting her 12 K month job to up skill which she has done and more.

Sorry I did mention 2 years total but she was only off the payroll for 3 months

Small price to pay if she's going to be the bread winner when I'm all washed up :-)

Edited by age4short

I have no problem supplementing my gf income if it's going to benefit our future, eg quitting her 12 K month job to up skill which she has done and more. Sorry I did mention 2 years total but she was only off the payroll for 3 months Small price to pay if she's going to be the bread winner when I'm all washed up :-)

When you are all washed up, she won't be living with you, let alone giving you money.

That's not the way it works.

of course its possible.

Not if you are 52 and she is 30.

(Really, really not possible if you are fat, bald and an alcoholic)

How can anyone condemn people for being bald? In most cases, not all, you can condemn people for being grossly overweight, for drinking too much, definitely for having tattoos and facial hair, but being bald??? it's a thing that affects most men and cannot be helped. No, I am not bald, have a full head of hair.