Jolly Frier fish & Chips

rocky123

Actually the fish and chips at Sizzler is about 250B which includes the full salad bar, pasta, soup etc. Though when I go there I normally just have the salad bar on its own which is about 190B. Not many places here have a decent salad bar.

Sorry, that's not correct about Sizzler price ( in Chiang Mai anyway ). I went there last week and the cheapest standard fish and chips meal ( including full salad bar, pasta, soup etc. ) was 395, rising to over 500 depending on fish type.

Well, I dont know why it's so expensive in Chiang Mai (long way from the sea?) but in both Sizzler outlets in Pattaya the standard breaded fish and chips is exactly 259B complete with salad bar etc etc., evenings and daytime.

Here's a link: http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/promotion_frequency_menu.php

It's not bad but personally I prefer just the salad bar and soup so I get that on its own for about 185B.

Another thing that they have been doing recently at lunchtime only is chicken and chips (still with salad bar etc) for 175B.

Here's a link: http://www.sizzler.co.th/th/enews/edm/sizzler_lunch_special_175/lunch_special_175.html

I tried it. The chicken wasnt nice but the chips were OK and of course it is a few Baht cheaper than the salad bar on its own (why?).

So if they continue doing that offer I will order it and try and have them hold the chicken. Maybe Jack Nicolson will join me.

Edited by KittenKong

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the fish and chips at Sizzler is about 250B which includes the full salad bar, pasta, soup etc. Though when I go there I normally just have the salad bar on its own which is about 190B. Not many places here have a decent salad bar.

Sorry, that's not correct about Sizzler price ( in Chiang Mai anyway ). I went there last week and the cheapest standard fish and chips meal ( including full salad bar, pasta, soup etc. ) was 395, rising to over 500 depending on fish type.

Well, I dont know why it's so expensive in Chiang Mai (long way from the sea?) but in both Sizzler outlets in Pattaya the standard breaded fish and chips is exactly 259B complete with salad bar etc etc., evenings and daytime.

Here's a link: http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/promotion_frequency_menu.php

It's not bad but personally I prefer just the salad bar and soup so I get that on its own for about 185B.

Another thing that they have been doing recently at lunchtime only is chicken and chips (still with salad bar etc) for 175B.

Here's a link: http://www.sizzler.co.th/th/enews/edm/sizzler_lunch_special_175/lunch_special_175.html

I tried it. The chicken wasnt nice but the chips were OK and of course it is a few Baht cheaper than the salad bar on its own (why?).

So if they continue doing that offer I will order it and try and have them hold the chicken. Maybe Jack Nicolson will join me.

They probably do that in Pattaya due to the large expat population. In C M it's the Thai population that pays the most and they seem to be so rich that they don't need cheap meals to be enticed. Seems to work that way with all western food places. Why is Macs so expensive here, when in the UK it was the cheapest eating out option available? For goodness sake, I can buy enough fried rice chicken from the restaurant up the road for 3 meals at half the cost of a KFC burger.

They probably do that in Pattaya due to the large expat population. In C M it's the Thai population that pays the most and they seem to be so rich that they don't need cheap meals to be enticed.

In the small print on at least one of those links the description does mention "nationwide".

Maybe your local franchise prefers to keep quiet about it? It would be interesting to print out those menus/ads from the website and see whether you can get them that way.