Free Drinks Can Be Costly

HeijoshinCool

Near where I live, is a house where they sell the usual candy and cakes and beer, but also have a couple of tables where people sit and drink. I have been asked, over the last 18 months, to "have a whiskey," time and time again. I politely decline, with a smile. I had my reasons.

One man in particular had persisted with the invitations. He was well dressed, polite, "well off," a big guy around these parts, people are deferential to him. I spent 25 years learning to read people, even if I didn't speak their language, and I chose to (politely) avoid this guy, told the GF why, and she agreed.

I'm traveling now, and this afternoon the GF called me. This particular man will not be extending me further invitations.

He and a "friend" were drinking some whiskey when some other men sat down with them, ordered whiskey, but when it came did not drink. Instead, they stood back up, and neatly placed somewhere between ten and thirty rounds into his head. Not easy to get an exact count, as there wasn't much left of his head. The "friend" escaped. That was seven hours ago, and the cops ares still on scene. So is the dead guy.

There's more, but I'm not going to print it here. Suffice to say, the killers will probably not be apprehended.

Just be careful who you drink with.

Is the victim a foreigner or thai?

why did you decline is invitation?

I'll guess Thai and gut instinct.

Right?

Maybe... we still dont know

the op spend 25 years learning to read people, but he should spend few minutes how to write a post with all the information! (joke)

Usually this kind of story does happen back home, only in the movie, by night with no witness.

Here it does happen, with witness, in public area. I guess it will not be hard for the cop to catch the killers!

Right?

the op spend 25 years learning to read people, but he should spend few minutes how to write a post with all the information! (joke)

Usually this kind of story does happen back home, only in the movie, by night with no witness.

Here it does happen, with witness, in public area. I guess it will not be hard for the cop to catch the killers!

depends who they were. if the witnesses are frightened of these guys, there wont be much information coming out

• Like 1

Right?

You should read between the lines, when someone doesn't want to come out and say too much.

Like I said, One man in particular had persisted with the invitations. He was well dressed, polite, "well off," a big guy around these parts, people are deferential to him. Do you know any westerners who are "big guys" around these parts with locals being "differential?"

Brazen by design. Broad daylight. People watching. Victim was Thai. Small village where everyone knows everyone, okay?

Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is bad enough, being there while intoxicated is a death sentence. The friend was Thai, but if it had been me, or you, sitting there, maybe the shooters, knowing of cultural differences, would not have allowed a foreigner to walk away.

You never know who the people you are drinking with have pissed off. And these guys were pissed. I investigated homicides. In 25 years I never saw nor heard of "overkill" outside of instances where the killer lost emotional control; certainly never in a professional/gang hit. These guys were cool as concrete, and on target. The victims head is just about missing. Some of the shell casings, rumor has it, are .45s. They shot nowhere else, just the head.

The victim was into things he shouldn't have been, and was "missing payments." Villagers were instructed not to talk. They won't. I don't blame them.

Sounds like the restaurant scene in The Godfather.

The victim was into things he shouldn't have been, and was "missing payments."
Not sure how intelligent it is to kill someone who is "missing payments" as they are unlikely to make any further payments.
These guys were cool as concrete, and on target. The victims head is just about missing. Some of the shell casings, rumor has it, are .45s. They shot nowhere else, just the head.
Great detail, are you still traveling or is your GF also a professional "investigator"?
  • Like 1

Sounds like the restaurant scene in The Godfather.

The victim was into things he shouldn't have been, and was "missing payments."
Not sure how intelligent it is to kill someone who is "missing payments" as they are unlikely to make any further payments.
These guys were cool as concrete, and on target. The victims head is just about missing. Some of the shell casings, rumor has it, are .45s. They shot nowhere else, just the head.
Great detail, are you still traveling or is your GF also a professional "investigator"?

Examples made are sometimes worth far more than missed payments.

I'm moving about now for the last couple of weeks, oddly enough, because I was getting bored there. Think I'll add on a few more. GF is going to be visiting distant relatives for a while.

Right?

You should read between the lines, when someone doesn't want to come out and say too much.

So what's the point of sharing your story? What do you fear?

blink.png moment, you mean the 3 killers are actually reading the forum?

My friend so, its time for you for long vacation, somewhere in south america ... they might be after youph34r.png