What's the craziest thing you've done or seen someone done while driving?

kevvy

someone pulled out in front of me on two lane v. slowly I realised they were on the phone and they decided to drive in the middle of the two lanes v. slow holding up morning traffic, I dropped down a few gears and blasted through a gap, removing wing mirrores of their car and folding mine in. Kind of reckless but it felt good

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someone pulled out in front of me on two lane v. slowly I realised they were on the phone and they decided to drive in the middle of the two lanes v. slow holding up morning traffic, I dropped down a few gears and blasted through a gap, removing wing mirrores of their car and folding mine in. Kind of reckless but it felt good

OK, Thailand--- I see crazy driving everyday, but this happen two weeks ago. I'm driving along and come up behind this guy on a motorbike with his sidecar loaded with grass. We are coming to a curve in the road so I decide to be un-Thai like and wait to pass after the curve. We come around the curve and I begin to pass him but he starts moving into the oncoming lane. Then I figure he is going to stop on that side of the road so I hold back. All of a sudden he does a 90 degree right into bushes on the right side doing a pretty good clip, hits something, goes flying over the handle bars and into the drink (flood waters). I stop to see if he is OK, He is, and I help him pull his bike out of the water, Says "brakes no good"

Edited by bunnydrops

On the drive from Khorat to BKK, there was this van in the second lane from the right who was overtaking this pickup. He put his right blinker on, waited a moment then smoothly changed into the right lane, sped up, passed the pickup then put his left blinker on and smoothly changed out of the right lane. It was weird, it freaked me out.

When I see one of those inter-province buses all done up in mix of Hanuman/ alien mothership or knackered articulated lorries driving sensibly and courteously with regard for other road users I sometimes remark "He must be new, he'll soon learn"

That is pretty funny.

My craziest is probably seeing my Thai taxi driver drinking a beer while we were driving.

Most the coach drivers do. The cleverer cheesy.gif ones have learnt to put whiskey in another bottle for when if ever their employer turns up. Seen ones get off here can of Chang in one hand unable to walk straight.

One that kept falling asleep for a few seconds at the wheel of the coach I was on due to being drunk driving up the Chonburi-Bang Na toll road.

Another coach driver gets on his coach drunk, just after someone parked and was sitting on their bike infront of the coach. Starts his coach and drives forward straight into and on top on the motorbike (glass fibre valance trapping the guy and bike). To drunk to realise. I run across to it shouting in Thai 'stop' while he is revving the accelerator trying to get the coach to get over the blockage (the guy and his motorbike).

He does stop eventually which is when the guy scrambles free but leaves the bike there. When I don't get on the coach the driver tries to drive off again. Same thing tries to get the coach to drive over the obstacle which he is too much of a drunk idiot to get off and see what it is.

Anyway he finally realises and gets off. He declares he isn't drunk by which time some Thais have got off their backsides to see what was going on instead of just watching and all declare he isn't drunk. Never is drunk apparently. What they mean is he can still walk in a straight line. Yes he is one that uses a bottle of something else.

The guy keeps his job and pays 1000 baht to the guy he nearly killed for damage to his motorbike. He needs his job to support his daughter and his 14 year old granddaughter and her 2 children.

Some people just never seem to learn.

I was sitting with my wife, a friend, and his wife having a meal at an outside restaurant at the side of the road. A woman road by on a motorbike with a baby in her arms feeding it with a bottle. one hand on the handlebar, the other cradeling the baby while holding the bottle with the other hand.

Many many moon's ago in the UK ( just out of my teens and reckless ) coming back from night out worst for wear and in high spirits with a mate and the girlfriends following in there car I pulled a hand brake turn in my Mini for the hell of it.

They shit themselves and avoided us as a layby was there. But the look on there faces, shaking and lighting up was priceless. Needless to say I didn't get a 'cuddle' that night :-)

Driving back from a nice meal in my then lowered 105E Anglia with McPhearson struts and 1600 crossflow ( hot hatch of the day, older UK guys will relate to that ) with a mate and our girlfriends in the rear.

A car was parked a 100 meters or so ahead on our side of the road, and I was fully aware of it.

So I started to point something out to my friend to the right side looking at the sky pretending not to hear them or see the car. The girl's shrieked and shit them selves thinking we were on for head on collision and wouldn't talk to us for ages. Funny stuff, when your young :-)))

Funny and car related, a few year back whilst ending a training bike ride a young hot hatch hot head over took traffic and nearly hit me on the opposite side of the road. Giving him the finger triggered him to turn round and chase me up the road. Moments later forcing me to the side of the road and fuming he got out and started shouting. I laid the bike down and started to walk round to him.

He could see I wasn't the weedy cyclist he thought and ran round to the passenger side of the car like a girl. I then took out his car keys and throw them over the road and into a hedge.

Great to see his face and stranded look .... happy hunting dick head.... and all with no fisty cuffs.

Living in Thailand now 4 years I see every day in Samui crazy mindless, unaware, uneducated, farang, tourists and Thai's driving all manor of unsave contrapsion's .... just to many to list and sadly many with consequences to the innocent

Happy and safe travels people wai2.gif

• Like 1

Coming across South Dakota in the winter. Hiway slick as hell, just getting dark. Up ahead in the on coming lane, I see the lights of a truck shining across the divide. As I got closer, I could see that it was a Tanker truck, the cab was jack knifed and was coming down the hiway straight with the cab facing back at abou 45 degrees. When the truck was just about even with me, The front wheels of the cab must have hit some friction. The tanker trailer spun around, now pulling the cab backwards, then it hit the divide, separated from the cab and came rolling across the divide, snow flying all over. The cab rolled to a stop, still backwards. The driver just sitting there as if still wondering "what next". The trailer, stop rolling about 10 meters from me.

Just reminded me of a driving trip in Illinios, was driving to work and the was white out(where fine snow gets blown over the road }couldn't see shit in front of me , eneded up running into a ditch .had to wait long time time i could get a pull out. Soon learn alot about driving in the snow.

I once had to fly all the way to Nigeria because I just wanted to go to samui with a gf.

I told the then wife, I am off to Africa to see about business. She kissed me goodbye at home. I drove to the office, left the car there. Took a taxi to the airport, met up with the gf, flew local samui. Rented a car, and spent three days. Set my phone to barring all incoming calls.

Three days up, we flew back to bkk, she got on THAI to narita, I got on emirates to Lagos. Wife been calling my family non stop for three days. I called back, told her I had to make a stop in Dubai. She asked me if one needed to be a Dubai citizen to use a phone there?

I did some imaginable things cos of tail. So many.

I once visited lopburi from bkk 4 times in a month just to do it once with a tail. Once the deal was closed, I never went again. I was one a very confused man

Now I got sons and as straight as an arrow.

wow, that's really interesting and really relevant to the post regarding crazy driving etc. Than you so much for sharing.... blink.png

Motorcycles count? 140 mph (not kilometers) at night on a stretch of divided four-lane in Missouri on a Yamaha Maxim 1100 at 1am. The speedometer only went up to 120, so had to extrapolate from the tachometer. Yeeeeeehaa! Hang on and scream.

Well, I saw the driver of a coach count his money while driving in the Loei mountains. Likewise, a song taew driver counting his coins, hogging 2 lanes in bangkok. (can't use some capital letters, sorry).

What really upsets me are the ghost drivers who do it on interstate roads where cars usually go faster than 100 km/h.

As a biker, I often have to break or swerve as ignorant folks pull into my lane without even looking!

Driving my pick-up with a mate in the passenger seat (our wives asleep in the back) going West along Hwy 12 around Lom Sak at about midnight, road was deserted and we are making good progress through the countryside. When an old guy on a motorbike (probably very drunk) crosses our path in front of the truck, I guess we missed him by a matter of a few metres.

Years ago, I was headed east back to Los Angeles on the Ventura freeway after a pool party. Traffic was light and well spaced. A convertible Caddy sailed by me in the far right lane, hit his brakes and slid diagonally across the entire freeway, neatly between cars. He then bounced off the center divider, and caroomed back across the freeway, again neatly between cars and came to rest in the right hand breakdown lane. Everyone slowed to see what was going to happen next. The driver restarted his car and took off.

Driving on the highway towards Nakhon Sawan from BKK and driving reasonable fast. It was far from busy and i always drive as left as possible. It was 4 lanes into 1 direction. So i drove on the 2nd lane going 130 km and i quickly approached a car on the 3rd lane. It stood still for crossing the fast lane in order to take a U TURN. Passed it, shook my head and looked in my rearviewmirror, saw cars driving on the fast lane and............ stopped looking. Could only hope that.... !

Saw the exact same thing. on that same road between Uthaithani and Nakhon Sawan. That was a pretty stupid thing to do even for Thai drivers!!!

I once had to fly all the way to Nigeria because I just wanted to go to samui with a gf.

I told the then wife, I am off to Africa to see about business. She kissed me goodbye at home. I drove to the office, left the car there. Took a taxi to the airport, met up with the gf, flew local samui. Rented a car, and spent three days. Set my phone to barring all incoming calls.

Three days up, we flew back to bkk, she got on THAI to narita, I got on emirates to Lagos. Wife been calling my family non stop for three days. I called back, told her I had to make a stop in Dubai. She asked me if one needed to be a Dubai citizen to use a phone there?

I did some imaginable things cos of tail. So many.

I once visited lopburi from bkk 4 times in a month just to do it once with a tail. Once the deal was closed, I never went again. I was one a very confused man

Now I got sons and as straight as an arrow.

Infidelity is not something to be proud of.