What's the craziest thing you've done or seen someone done while driving?

kevvy

Thirty five years ago when I was still a teenager I was driving my mums Morris Minor home from a Hawkwind concert in Guildford. We were on some country road east of Winchester at about midnight when my mate Tom, on the back seat, wanted to skin up. As I could make a rollup better than him he steered the car with his legs over my shoulders from the back whilst I rolled the joint still in the drivers seat..........it seemed ok at the time:-)

If it worked, don't knock it!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was cut up on the lights at the top of pattaya nua by a turd in a boy-racer blinged up swift. the drivers window was down and there was a bangkok it-girl with a ton of make-up and 50 face piercings hanging off the steering wheel while leaning out of the window to take the curve like a moto GP rider. the car was lit up like a disco inside with a million flashing lights and ear shattering rubbish blasting out the window. there appeared to be a video camera facing her which was fastened to the rear view mirror and took up most of the windscreen area.

............and in her right hand, which was held out just past the drivers door mirror was a microphone. she was singing karaoke into it whilst driving like a bellend.

i arrived home and poured a stiff drink. i thought id seen it all until then.

You're Aussie and drive on the "right" side??? I thought it was the left side.

I think that kevvy has been having a "few jars" too many for a very long time! Last time I was in OZ I drove on the left also!

• Like 1

I think that kevvy has been having a "few jars" too many for a very long time! Last time I was in OZ I drove on the left also!

We can have a poll about what is correct. Driving left or right in Down Under ?

OZ, where left is the right side...tongue.png

• Like 1

That is pretty funny.

My craziest is probably seeing my Thai taxi driver drinking a beer while we were driving.

When I moved to Texas in 1978, it was legal to drink a beer while driving.

Good times.

They still had legal blood alcohol limits. But apparently the thought was that one beer wouldn't hurt.

Can't do that any more. I remember when the rules changed, a couple of small companies were making sleeves for beer cans to make them look like coke cans at 60 miles an hour.

Well there's receiving the proverbial BJ while driving. That's really fun but you gotta stay focused during the happy ending.

Yeah I learned a lesson the hard way. I'll never let my granddad teach me to drive again.........

• Like 1

While driving to work in the US one morning I saw a car coming off a side street and headed right at me. The woman driving had both hands occupied flossing her teeth. Fortunately she dropped the floss and resumed driving the car. A bit further on I entered an Interstate and overtook a car in which the driver had a newspaper fully opened was reading while he drove.

I jumped into an old Lada Taxi in Azerbaijan about 10 years ago, told the driver where I needed to go and he promptly got out, grabbed a 2 litre coke bottle our of the boot and lifted the bonnet where he proceeded to fiddle with something.

30 seconds later he jumped in the Lada, fired it up and took off like a bat out of hell.

200 metres down the road the Lada coughed and died.

Coke bottle, bonnet up, fired up and 200 metres later process repeated.

Turned out he was pouring fuel down the carby and giving it what for until it ran out and then doing it again.

I thought about jumping into another taxi but decided this was a once in a lifetime situation so I sat back and marvelled at the slow trip home.

• Like 1

Not long after arriving in Australia 40 years ago I got a job painting with a very dodgy mob the boss picked me up in his wreck of a car to drive me to the job, the car's floor had completely rusted out I had to keep my feet up so as not to touch the road and the gear stick was just a piece of metal welded in place, as we drove down the highway the bonnet lifted blocking the screen luckily it then blew off completely and landed in the verge, the boss did not bat an eyelid just swore and said we will pick it up on the way home I was a bag of nerves when we got to the job site, the prick also did me for two days wages when he went broke

P.S. the bonnet was still there on the way home

• Like 1

Just this week the wife is hammering down the expressway when she gets a Line message on her phone. Picks it up, reads, then tries to type in a reply while still driving. I yell to her how dangerous it is to drive and type at the same time. So she slams on the brakes and comes to a complete stop blocking one lane so that she can tap out her message. I had to remove the phone from her hands. She wasn't best pleased. Sigh.

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry guys i meant i should have seen the white line on the right of me. . maybe i should stop drinking the jars before i post . Actually when i was in canada i went into a pub and they gave me a beer in a jar! Never seen this in my life. Got back in my old camaro and drove off on right side of the road.

Just turned right onto highway 24 at the Prasad traffic lights. A motorbike with ( only ) two guys on it overtook me on the near-side. When they got past me, they actually changed places on the bike whilst going at about 50kph......must have been stunt riders

Members of the Purple Helmet Display Team.

Just turned right onto highway 24 at the Prasad traffic lights. A motorbike with ( only ) two guys on it overtook me on the near-side. When they got past me, they actually changed places on the bike whilst going at about 50kph......must have been stunt riders

That reminds me....

I was a set of traffic lights in Khon Kaen and this lad pulled up next to me on a motorcycle. As the lights were red he slipped his feet out of the flip flops he was wearing. As the lights turned green he rode off. Leaving the flip flops behind.

They were fairly manky I admit but even so...

I jumped into an old Lada Taxi in Azerbaijan about 10 years ago, told the driver where I needed to go and he promptly got out, grabbed a 2 litre coke bottle our of the boot and lifted the bonnet where he proceeded to fiddle with something.

30 seconds later he jumped in the Lada, fired it up and took off like a bat out of hell.

200 metres down the road the Lada coughed and died.

Coke bottle, bonnet up, fired up and 200 metres later process repeated.

Turned out he was pouring fuel down the carby and giving it what for until it ran out and then doing it again.

I thought about jumping into another taxi but decided this was a once in a lifetime situation so I sat back and marvelled at the slow trip home.

laugh.png Pure class

Before I retired as a cop in London, I stopped a 'Pikey' Traveller driving his pick-up using his mobile phone, no seat belt on him or the 3 year old child and dog who were sitting on his lap. Total disregard for the law or safety of any other road users, not to mention his kid.

• Like 1

Before I retired as a cop in London, I stopped a 'Pikey' Traveller driving his pick-up using his mobile phone, no seat belt on him or the 3 year old child and dog who were sitting on his lap. Total disregard for the law or safety of any other road users, not to mention his kid.

Institutional bias? Naaah. ;-)

Dogs have to wear seat belts???

Quite a few mates are TVP, so I know what you mean.

I saw two teenage guys exchange places whilst driving a scooter at around 60 km/h. They were in front of my car, they got up, did a "ballet" coordinated move of legs and body positions and the guy who had been riding on the back, got to the front and vice-versa.

100% stupid. 100% impressive, I wish I had had a camera at the time.

I hope they are still alive.

Can't imagine how they even thought about doing that in the first place.

In Phnom Phen a few years ago, I was in a tuk-tuk and we passed a motorbike with a guy riding and a girl on the back holding a shiny pole in the air with something hanging off the end of it. Realized it was an intravenous drip from the hospital. clap2.gif

• Like 2