Marriage visa - 400K rule change?

Out of the blue, I spot this website about marriage visa - 400K rule change.

http://www.apply-thai-visa.com/thailand-marriage-visa.html

Evidence of a combined family income (husband or wife or both working) of not less than 40,000 baht per month. Evidence is usually in the form of previous 3 months paid tax receipts. If working in Thailand, a work permit and evidence of tax payment are required. If money is earned abroad you will need proof such as pay stubs, tax receipts and proof of bank transfers into Thailand. Note that in the past, you could show proof of 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account but this rule was changed by National Police Office Order No. 606/2006. If you applied for a marriage extension under the old rule, you can renew it under the same old rule.

I am not certain about its definition - does this imply the applicant must provide the proof of the source where 400K is coming from?

Appreciate any comments

bah.gif

No new rule change, National Police Order 777/2551 now applies.

Information on that particular link is five years out of date, not to mention that there is no such thing as a Thailand marriage visa.

No combined income is allowed for current 777/2551 Case 2.18 applications for Extension of Permission to Stay (Family Member of a Thai); either show evidence of 40k THB pcm or 400k THB in the bank for 2 months, no combination of the two is allowed.

Edited by digitalchromakey

No new rule change, National Police Order 777/2551 now applies.

Information on that particular link is five years out of date, not to mention that there is no such thing as a Thailand marriage visa.

No combined income is allowed for current 777/2551 Case 2.18 applications for Extension of Permission to Stay (Family Member of a Thai); either show evidence of 40k THB pcm or 400k THB in the bank for 2 months, no combination of the two is allowed.

Yep, that is exactly what I am hoping for. I am no expert on the codes of National Police so best to obtain the verification. Close this topic! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know about the official bank statement date, relative to the date of visa renewal?

I'd like to get my statement today, a Friday, and go the the immigration bureau on Tuesday next week.

Hopefully that's okay, or does the statement have to be the same day or the day before?