Nurses apologise for photo with slain Thai officer

webfact

SOUTH
Nurses apologise for photo with slain officer

The Nation

30218344-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three nurses at Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra Hospital yesterday apologised to the public for an inappropriate photograph taken in the hospital's intensive-care unit.

Two of the nurses are seen flashing a "victory" sign in front of the body of Pol Sgt Nimit Deewong, who was killed along with two fellow bomb-squad officers in a blast in Narathiwat on Monday.

After the photo was circulated on social media from Tuesday night, the nurses' action came in for heavy public criticism as being inappropriate, insensitive and unethical.

Hospital director Chatchai Srinamwong confirmed that the photo was taken at the hospital and said an initial probe deemed the nurses' action to have violated the patient's rights. Hence they were guilty of professional misconduct. Insisting that the hospital staff were committed to their work, he said the nurses' action stemmed from a lack of awareness of the situation.

Nurse Patsaroh Rodomasae, whose face was captured, said she had no intention of offending anyone, while nurse Nosira Doloh, whose hand gesture was captured, said they meant no offence but were merely trying to signify that they would "fight" by continuing to work in the region. Another nurse, Norisa Jehlae, who took the photo, said she was sorry and asked for forgiveness.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-31

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace Sign? Narathiwat nurses face punishment for shocking tastelessness
By Coconuts Bangkok

nurse.jpg

It’s a common photographic gesture, usually made by young Thai women snapping casual pictures.

However a photo of nurses at Narathiwat Hospital doing that lame two-fingered kawai thing with the corpse of a man many consider a hero, Police Sub-Lt. Nimit Deewong, has drawn an outpouring of fury and condemnation online this afternoon, prompting the hospital to promise swift action against those responsible.

Nimit, a top bomb-disposal expert, was killed along with two other members of his team Monday night by a bomb which detonated while he was attempting to defuse another discovered earlier. Police suspect the first bomb was intended as a decoy to lure the officers to their deaths.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/10/30/peace-sign-narathiwat-nurses-face-punishment-shocking-tastelessness

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-10-31

Sacking her...

And they would be replaced by whom?

Where will they find someone not brainwashed by some religion or belief?

They are motivated by what they were taught.

Just the tip of the iceberg here...

Better try to sack all religions and systems of beliefs...

Going by the photograph I would assume they are muslim and the moment of has overcome them. Anyway still disgusting regardless of religion and they should be fired and never be allowed to work with the sick and injured again as they obviously find it funny and have a total lack of caring.

What happened to the oath that nurses take. I realise their are a number of different versions but the words are of the same effect.

"I will go into them for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption; and further from the seduction of females or males, bond or free".

http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale/pledge.htm

• Like 1

Going by the photograph I would assume they are muslim and the moment of has overcome them. Anyway still disgusting regardless of religion and they should be fired and never be allowed to work with the sick and injured again as they obviously find it funny and have a total lack of caring.

What happened to the oath that nurses take. I realise their are a number of different versions but the words are of the same effect.

"I will go into them for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption; and further from the seduction of females or males, bond or free".

http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale/pledge.htm

Probably superseded by another oath I won't mention.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Thais use this v sign with the fingers all the time - Maybe these nurses are muslim. Thais usually have no sense of what they are flashing the sign to mean. Thais don't generally know how to be themselves for photos so they flash the sign.

Fair enough and the happy smiling faces are what Thais do also as this is the land of smiles. Seems like a storm in a teacup then nothing to do with the fact that there is a poor guy laying behind them dying after being blown up by one of their Muslim brothers. The most important thing was to get the happy snap showing the warm friendly smiling Thais happy in their work.