weird conversations with bar girls?

rct99q

Bar girls back home in Isaan openly admitting to working as prostitutes in their moo baan? No. They might as well step all over the face of their parents.

Sex is never spoken about in an Isaan household let alone in public with others. It is by far the most conservative culture I have ever come across. Even adults hugging their kids is a huge deal.

Perhaps a few returning bargirls mights stay up for a late night drink with the local farang and speak about that stuff, but definitely not in front of anyone they know who isn't or hasn't been a prostitute that might then deface them and their family by telling others in the neighborhood.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar girls back home in Isaan openly admitting to working as prostitutes in their moo baan? No. They might as well step all over the face of their parents.

Sex is never spoken about in an Isaan household let alone in public with others. It is by far the most conservative culture I have ever come across. Even adults hugging their kids is a huge deal.

Perhaps a few returning bargirls mights stay up for a late night drink with the local farang and speak about that stuff, but definitely not in front of anyone they know who isn't or hasn't been a prostitute that might then deface them and their family by telling others in the neighborhood.

You call Isaan "back home"??

Why was I not invited to the passport burning cermony?

You call Isaan "back home"??

Why was I not invited to the passport burning cermony?

Haha. I meant when the girls are back home in Isaan, not me...I'd never burn such a powerful thing.

Edited by kennypowers

Never said they openly admitted working in the entertainment business. Everybody already knows it, but you are correct nobody talks about it in a family get together.

As for Sex never being spoken about in an Isaan household your also correct......it is all they talk about! This comment made me laugh.....not just 5 minutes ago Lilly (ladyboy - and not really a cousin but sort of an adopted family member after her/his parents were killed in car accident) is telling my wife how she is dating a "farang" who it seems has not 100% clued into the fact that Lilly is a HE, proceeded to discuss her sexual exploits with this guy.

Not sure what part of Isaan you live in and what your status is with the family.....but all of my children get hugs...the neighbors children get hugs....the kids whose parents we don't know get hugs......so maybe it is just me...not sure.....but they have no problems in acting in an open and friendly manner and have done so (as per my wife) before I arrived on the scene.

Perhaps it is how one integrates into ones local village. I have taken the time to learn the language (and my neighbors and family all know this) and most won't say anything behind my back they won't say to my face. Kids play in our yard all the time, the neighbors are just neighbors, the ladies who work as prostitutes do their laundry and yap about the latest soap opera like all the rest of the ladies in the soi.

However on occasion they let their hair down, have a few drinks, a bit of chin wag, a good laugh and life goes on.......perhaps the stereo type Thai person still lives in and around where you live....thankfully my family and neighbors are not the norm.

Never said they openly admitted working in the entertainment business. Everybody already knows it, but you are correct nobody talks about it in a family get together.

As for Sex never being spoken about in an Isaan household your also correct......it is all they talk about! This comment made me laugh.....not just 5 minutes ago Lilly (ladyboy - and not really a cousin but sort of an adopted family member after her/his parents were killed in car accident) is telling my wife how she is dating a "farang" who it seems has not 100% clued into the fact that Lilly is a HE, proceeded to discuss her sexual exploits with this guy.

Not sure what part of Isaan you live in and what your status is with the family.....but all of my children get hugs...the neighbors children get hugs....the kids whose parents we don't know get hugs......so maybe it is just me...not sure.....but they have no problems in acting in an open and friendly manner and have done so (as per my wife) before I arrived on the scene.

Perhaps it is how one integrates into ones local village. I have taken the time to learn the language (and my neighbors and family all know this) and most won't say anything behind my back they won't say to my face. Kids play in our yard all the time, the neighbors are just neighbors, the ladies who work as prostitutes do their laundry and yap about the latest soap opera like all the rest of the ladies in the soi.

However on occasion they let their hair down, have a few drinks, a bit of chin wag, a good laugh and life goes on.......perhaps the stereo type Thai person still lives in and around where you live....thankfully my family and neighbors are not the norm.

Yes children get lots of hugs and are doted on massively, but once grown and off to uni or work adults rarely show affection to their offspring, in my experience. I agree the gossip never stops, but I've never heard, or heard of from my wife, of a person admitting to working or having a family member that works as a prostitute. Sure, people are suspected and gossiped about, but in the never ending struggle for building a better face for one's family, I can't see a girl being open about this.

But as you say, it might be different where you live, and probably depends on the type of people and concentration of women working/having worked in that industry.

I agree and wonder where Kenny got his info..old Thailand travel guides?

I know a wonderful girl, retired bar girl who has huge 6'X4' posters of her in bar girl clothing once used as advertisements by the bar owner.

Great sexy potos of her.

She proudly displays them on the walls of her house for all to see.

Talking about the experience is not taboo..it is entertaining for all.

How she earned her money is no secret and no one thinks less of her for it.

In fact, her parents and her sisters all wish the sisters were as attractive as she and could do the same.

If you have money in Isaan, you are respected for having money..no one cares how you got it.

And, like you, I really enjoy talking to these girls, they are open, pretty wise and speak very good English too.

It's refreshing.

Some have become pretty good friends!

This isn't the west where a girl who sells it has to be a drugged out diseased junky.

It's often just a way to earn good money and support the family.

Good girls do it.

I know a wonderful girl, retired bar girl who has huge 6'X4' posters of her in bar girl clothing once used as advertisements by the bar owner.

Great sexy potos of her.

In fact, her parents and her sisters all wish the sisters were as attractive as she and could do the same.

If you have money in Isaan, you are respected for having money..no one cares how you got it.

And, like you, I really enjoy talking to these girls, they are open, pretty wise and speak very good English too.

It's refreshing.

This isn't the west where a girl who sells it has to be a drugged out diseased junky.

Good girls do it.

I get my info from having been with a girl, now my wife - who was born in Isaan - for 5 years. She's from a traditional, respectable family, and speaking with her now she simply can't fathom what type of women and families you are mixing with. Talking openly about being a hooker? Posters on the wall? This must be some deep Baan nock place we've never come across. Shame on these girls for giving real isaan women a bad name.

• Like 1

Great sexy potos of her.

It's refreshing.

Good girls do it.

This comment is useless without photos of the posters alluded too....

• Like 2

Great sexy potos of her.

It's refreshing.

Good girls do it.

I get my info from having been with a girl, now my wife - who was born in Isaan - for 5 years. She's from a traditional, respectable family, and speaking with her now she simply can't fathom what type of women and families you are mixing with. Talking openly about being a hooker? Posters on the wall? This must be some deep Baan nock place we've never come across. Shame on these girls for giving real isaan women a bad name.

Shame on them ? For being honest and up front about what they do?

I say shame on those who live in a fantasy world of denial about what many Isaan woman need to do to to take care of those they love and are responsible for.

They give others a bad name by not telling lies?

Not all Isaan girls marry farangs for money.

Mine didn't. She has more money than I do. ( earned with a university degree at a major banking institution and married 12 years now if you are wondering)

But, I've heard it said that an Isaan girl who marries a farang for financial security is much lower than a bar girl.

A bar girl sells a few minutes of her life here and there and usually returns home to her family when she can.

Those who marry a farang simply for the money have sold their entire life.

I respect the honesty.

Those who choose to ignore the truth and live in a fantasy world scare me.

It's too much like Christians in the Victorian age for me! ( how were all those babies born when no one had sex? )

Can your wife tell me, why should anyone be ashamed of doing what is necessary to care for their family, unless they lie about it and try to hide it!!

Let's get real!

Edited by willyumiii

Great sexy potos of her.

It's refreshing.

Good girls do it.

This comment is useless without photos of the posters alluded too....

Next time I'm at her house, I will ask to take some photos of them for you Strat, they are bigger than life size.

Daughters of traditional, respectable Isaan families tend to marry sons of traditional, respectable Isaan families although sometimes the parents will let the girl marry anyone just to get them out of the house.

Are you referring to me as just "anyone?"

I won't take offence.

My wife is very strong willed. She quickly took over her mother's role as boss of the family after graduating and chose her own destiny. While at uni she did try the Thai root as her parents initially wished, but the idiot lost her by cheating. She found a lipstick in his car. It wasn't hers. She never looked back.

Regardless of my personal experience, I know lots of respectable women with respectable foreign partners. Some are from the North East, some from the South and others from central Thailand. I only know of one guy who had to break with his girlfriend because the parents said no; the father was Chinese.

Things are changing fast in Thai society. Thai women are more independent than ever and are exercising their individuality socially and in their choice of career. Many Thai men have not adapted their mindset in line with this change, and Thai women aren't prepared to have that controlled by a traditional Thai partner, and thus look elsewhere. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

As an Irishman (who admittedly didn't do too well in the 'size' department in the BG discussion......sad.png ), I would like to state for the record that having big balls is not always an advantage, especially in Thailand.

(Click on thumb)

post-76988-0-51637400-1383446259_thumb.j

Wheelbarrows aren't allowed on the sky-train! Case rested.................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hello KennyP -- You know "...lots of respectable women with respectable foreign partners." In your 5 years here, you seem to have met lots of people in general. I also remember that you said you not only met the friends of stunning young women, but you in many cases met the mothers of stunning young women as well. I tend to keep my circle rather small.

So, as a general statement for anyone, I would say if one has met so many persons of a different culture in such a short period of time, one cannot really know all of them very well.

I once had a friend who thought he was BIG...showed it to a girl in Nana Plaza...he said "how do you fancy this for dinner"...she replied..." I want a 3 course meal..not a quick snack"...was he gutted or what

She meant that during all those years working at Nana her p.ssy has become so huge and stretched that now she gets satisfied by being with a horse only.

I wouldn't allow prostitutes to hang around my house or interact with my wife and children.

Don't care to whom they are related, not where I'm living.

what about ex-prostitutes?

Is that like interacting with ex-wives? Thats a recipe for disaster

• Like 1

I wouldn't allow prostitutes to hang around my house or interact with my wife and children.

Are they every really ex-prostitutes?

Usually they just end up with one farang customer.

• Like 1

Are they every really ex-prostitutes?

Usually they just end up with one farang customer.

Careful, your class is showing...