Medical certificate for Retirement Visa

Just an addendum to the semantic problems in this area; this is a heading from the information page of one of the most well-known legal firms specializing in immigration inside Thailand : "REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A NON-IMMIGRANT "O-A" RETIREMENT VISA". The usage is resistant to correction !

That does not mean it is correct and if it's the one I think it is there are a lot of errors on it.
  • Like 2

Just an addendum to the semantic problems in this area; this is a heading from the information page of one of the most well-known legal firms specializing in immigration inside Thailand : "REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A NON-IMMIGRANT "O-A" RETIREMENT VISA". The usage is resistant to correction !

That does not mean it is correct and if it's the one I think it is there are a lot of errors on it.
Errors all over it.

Errors all over it.

Then why quote it ?

Regardless of the definition what an O-A is:

Suppose you are over 50, want to retire in Thailand and meet the health certificate requirements and the criminal record requirements and the financial requirements easily:

Is then applying for an O-A in your home country advantageous over a simple non immigrant 0 ?. Reason: Easier extension in the first 2 years - less possible problems (if any) with immigration during that time. Correct ?

Thank you very much for your support.

There are several advantages.

1. You have pre-approved stay of one year. This is one year on each entry for a multi entry visa so in effect two years could be obtained before more than 90 day reports or re-entry permit contacts with immigration required.

2. The financials can remain in your home country for the above time.

3. For first year no re-entry permits would be required for travel.

Errors all over it.

Then why quote it ?

If you'd read the thread from the start - it was noted that there is a long-standing problem of calling various visas 'Retirement' when there is strictly speaking no such thing. I quoted that example from a high-profile law firm to show that even people who should know better, do make the mistake of calling an 'O-A' a 'Retirement Visa'. I was not recommending either that mistake or that firm, which is 100% obvious.

Edited by crazydrummerpauly