Western Society Brainwashing

chrisfwilson

That is one issue pushed in my home country, " Charmin" and Mr. Whipple statement "Don't squeeze the Charmin" a campaign that lasted over 20 years as I remember. also the sales pitch also for Charmin "it best for 'bear' bottoms"!

I would have to agree with the brainwashing statement by the OP!

Cheers:smile.png

Edited by kikoman

I seriously start to get worried for my fellow posters here!w00t.gif

Half of the threads started recently are about toilets, bumguns, toiletpaper (or not).

What is it with the fixation on our backside??

Many heads stuck up ars:-)s. Edited by Hedghog

Hi and TGIF

As I marvel at this wonderful place Thailand I have become increasingly aware that western society has been brainwashed into someone view of conformity.

Case in point, I have always been told that toilet paper is for the toilet, primarily to clean oneself after No 2...Maybe the occasional use for blowing ones nose but generally for the toilet

This is not the case in Thailand where toilet paper is just seen as tissue, to be used for a range of functions. Sitting on the beach at Cha -Am eating wonderful fresh crab and prawns you see little old ladies walking around selling toilet paper rolls to be used as hand tissue when eating.

I think most of us would have a similar story and would be interested to hear about them

Cheers

This is brain washing?

I look forward to you marvelling at the locals ability to use both directions of a one way street. These Thais. Genius.

I am always amused at the responses.

Maybe I wrote it so most of you didn't understand the Post

My point is that the Thai culture allows for things that have specific uses in Western Society to be used in a broader way.

In days gone by before toilet paper was available to all people used newspaper to wipe that way you could have a read before wiping i still take reading material to the bog now. Old habits die hard.

My point is that the Thai culture allows for things that have specific uses in Western Society to be used in a broader way.

Like plastic bags used as rain hats?

Throwing your garbage on the ground and walking away?

Burning pieces of inter tube rubber to get a cooking fire started?

Using motorcycle mirrors to pop your zits in public?

Sucking snot up your nose and swallowing it cuz blowing your nose is considered rude?

You mean stuff like that?

• Like 2

Hi and TGIF

As I marvel at this wonderful place Thailand I have become increasingly aware that western society has been brainwashed into someone view of conformity.

Case in point, I have always been told that toilet paper is for the toilet, primarily to clean oneself after No 2...Maybe the occasional use for blowing ones nose but generally for the toilet

This is not the case in Thailand where toilet paper is just seen as tissue, to be used for a range of functions. Sitting on the beach at Cha -Am eating wonderful fresh crab and prawns you see little old ladies walking around selling toilet paper rolls to be used as hand tissue when eating.

I think most of us would have a similar story and would be interested to hear about them

Cheers

This is brain washing?

I look forward to you marvelling at the locals ability to use both directions of a one way street. These Thais. Genius.

Conformity? And you have to quote the use of toilet paper as the example of conformity? LOL

I think you have been brainwashed with too much admiration of Thailand. cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Bugs, have no great purpose, something in our life's to make life more difficult, In Thailand and many other places in Asia, bugs are incorporated into ones diet and may be a long term response to the food shortages of the future!

Cheers:smile.png

Reminds me of yesterday--was watching some old cartoons with my nephew, and then there was one where Mickey Mouse (the one from the 1930s) eats some bug spray and it makes him trip, so all the bugs get big and all the plants, too...

My nephew's response? "Can you eat those?" hahahahhahahhaah. You have to love it....

You have to understand that the water sprays in restrooms here, they spray tepid water....