Western Society Brainwashing

chrisfwilson

i think the op is mentally challenged or maybe he is an artist and can see the beauty within toilet paper.

Do you know they use vagina's daughter to build house in issan.

Wow....you really have been on a bender.....

• Like 2

I clearly remember a classroom lesson where our teacher handed out soft tissue toilet roll to us to inspect. We were told in no uncertain manner that each tissue segment was to be used only for cleaning ones backside and occasionally for blowing ones nose but never both actions at the same time using the same tissue. Considering we used newspaper at home and the school offered us a roll of brownish shiny greaseproof ineffectual paper, I found the lesson quite fascinating, not realizing I was in effect being completely brainwashed.

• Like 2

i think the op is mentally challenged or maybe he is an artist and can see the beauty within toilet paper.

Do you know they use vagina's daughter to build house in issan.

Wow....you really have been on a bender.....

you totally right, stupid mistake!

i should have say daughter's vagina....

thanks!

• Like 1

is this post a joke???? !!!

And which post is it you are referring to?

I'm referring to the Original Post!

it seems so meaningless and trivial.

eg: in Thailand toilet paper is used to clean peoples hands too!!

seriously!! this is stupid!

Toilet paper is used by almost everyone for many things! cleaning, dusting, wiping hands, wiping up spills.

I just dont get the original post.

hence me asking if he/she is having a laugh?

Perhaps the toilet paper is not the best example but I think OP has a point. We are all brought up with certain values which we hold to be true because society reinforce those values. Perhaps coming to Thailand led to a reexamination of those values which do not turn out as true as we hold them to be.

Perhaps the toilet paper is not the best example but I think OP has a point. We are all brought up with certain values which we hold to be true because society reinforce those values. Perhaps coming to Thailand led to a reexamination of those values which do not turn out as true as we hold them to be.

Such as, in your opinion ?

Toilet paper is used by almost everyone for many things! cleaning, dusting, wiping hands, wiping up spills.

Perhaps you do not know very much about paper.

In my home country, toilet paper is used in toilets only.

Toilet paper is meant to desintegrate in contact with water, so it does not clog toilets.

Unlike paper tissues, which are meat to be resistant, to blow our noses, and remain intact.

Such paper, tissues, used in toilets, can easily leads to clogging...

And paper, used to dry our hands, are very resistant, and are never to be flushed down toilets...

In Thailand, people use toilet paper for many uses, including on restaurant tables.

I am OK with it now, but still feels a bit strange about it....

• Like 1

I am always amused at the responses.

Maybe I wrote it so most of you didn't understand the Post

My point is that the Thai culture allows for things that have specific uses in Western Society to be used in a broader way.

Well I do have to admit I am always amazed at the things my wife does with things I would just throw away. The first thing I noticed that was different in Thailand was the use of toilet paper for napkins at a meal.

I am always amused at the responses.

Maybe I wrote it so most of you didn't understand the Post

My point is that the Thai culture allows for things that have specific uses in Western Society to be used in a broader way.

Well I do have to admit I am always amazed at the things my wife does with things I would just throw away. The first thing I noticed that was different in Thailand was the use of toilet paper for napkins at a meal.

I am always amazed at the things my wife does with things I would just throw away.

The first thing I noticed that was different in Thailand was the use of toilet paper for napkins at a meal

I trust those two points were not related.

• Like 2

Well,

there is a country where even naïve schoolchildren are forced to pledge oath of allegiance to their flag and country.

No, I do NOT talk about Nazi Germany, but an up and running (somewhat) western country.

That's' brainwashing.

you mean the USA ???,...............mkj

seems Thais don't distinguish the difference between a two finger salute {<deleted> off} , and the "V" for peace/victory , seen so many photos of young Thai kids and thought to myself " <deleted> they doing that for " ?,.........bet none of them know the history of either too !

Edited by osiboy

Well,

there is a country where even naïve schoolchildren are forced to pledge oath of allegiance to their flag and country.

No, I do NOT talk about Nazi Germany, but an up and running (somewhat) western country.

That's' brainwashing.

The pledge of allegiance to the American flag was phased out from schools sometime in the last decade because of the 'one nation under god'. There was some big law suit filed against a school and it made its way up to the supreme court where it was ruled unconstitutional to be referencing 'GOD' in public schools due to the separation of church and state. Or some type of nonsense - but the USA you describe above no longer exists - for the record.

Perhaps you do not know very much about paper.

In my home country, toilet paper is used in toilets only.

Toilet paper is meant to desintegrate in contact with water, so it does not clog toilets.

Unlike paper tissues, which are meat to be resistant, to blow our noses, and remain intact.

Such paper, tissues, used in toilets, can easily leads to clogging...

And paper, used to dry our hands, are very resistant, and are never to be flushed down toilets...

In Thailand, people use toilet paper for many uses, including on restaurant tables.

I am OK with it now, but still feels a bit strange about it....

Geez!! of course I know about paper!! Lol !!

i know that toilet paper breaks up easy so it doesnt clog toilets... and I know what its uses and boundaries are!

of course it would be lovely to see real serviettes in restaurants and not terrible thin tissue.

either way: its not exactly a great realisation to use standard toilet paper for all the above mentioned things.

again,, I will say this again: its quite normal for foreigners to use toilet paper when they spill something,,, or for MANY MANY other uses.

the main point is that the original post seems silly.

>>> but,, now, the way you are going on and on about it, I wonder if you are getting in on this teasing act! Lol

ok.

i'm done with this thread!!

(nothing about our little chit-chat)... but its the silly idea of the original post that I am hard to digest.

Well,

That's' brainwashing.

The pledge of allegiance to the American flag was phased out from schools sometime in the last decade because of the 'one nation under god'. There was some big law suit filed against a school and it made its way up to the supreme court where it was ruled unconstitutional to be referencing 'GOD' in public schools due to the separation of church and state. Or some type of nonsense - but the USA you describe above no longer exists - for the record.

Didnt want to mention the name of country.

However, The God stuff is out, yes.

4-5 states have removed the pledge.

Rest do it at school.

Not wanting to highjack this thread,

I believe a typical western brainwashing in this country is how they have got the fast food outlets and delivery of various food items well implemented into the society.

Of course, not to forget the heavily commercialized Christmas, Saint whatever his name day (something green), Halloween, etc.

Hi and TGIF

As I marvel at this wonderful place Thailand I have become increasingly aware that western society has been brainwashed into someone view of conformity.

Case in point, I have always been told that toilet paper is for the toilet, primarily to clean oneself after No 2...Maybe the occasional use for blowing ones nose but generally for the toilet

This is not the case in Thailand where toilet paper is just seen as tissue, to be used for a range of functions. Sitting on the beach at Cha -Am eating wonderful fresh crab and prawns you see little old ladies walking around selling toilet paper rolls to be used as hand tissue when eating.

I think most of us would have a similar story and would be interested to hear about them

Cheers

How is describing how various cultures use toilet paper in any way a form of brainwashing? Bars close early today?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 3 weeks later...

Well,

No, I do NOT talk about Nazi Germany, but an up and running (somewhat) western country.

That's' brainwashing.

The pledge of allegiance to the American flag was phased out from schools sometime in the last decade because of the 'one nation under god'.  There was some big law suit filed against a school and it made its way up to the supreme court where it was ruled unconstitutional to be referencing 'GOD' in public schools due to the separation of church and state.  Or some type of nonsense - but the USA you describe above no longer exists - for the record.

Maybe that "under God" phrase shouldn't have been put into the pledge back in the 50's. It seems the old pledge - without the "under God" bit - was ok for most Americans for decades and generations. Leave it up to them fundy Christians to ruin stuff; they will every time. You know how them missionaries made everyone cover up their nakedness - you know, SIN!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I seriously start to get worried for my fellow posters here!w00t.gif

Half of the threads started recently are about toilets, bumguns, toiletpaper (or not).

What is it with the fixation on our backside??

Good point. And, here, in fact, is where I stopped reading this thread. I'm simply not going to spend time arguing over toilet paper.

Edited by zydeco

I seriously start to get worried for my fellow posters here!w00t.gif

Half of the threads started recently are about toilets, bumguns, toiletpaper (or not).

What is it with the fixation on our backside??

I only worry about people's ability to use math..... "Half the threads..."