Yorkies, pies,sausage,etc back at Rim Ping.

worgeordie

After a few months not been available,Yorkies meat products are

back,in Rimping,Meechok Plaza at least, but the prices have also

increased quiet a lot.

Meat pies, Mince,steak are now Bht 125,Little Pork pies Bht 125,

Black Pudding Bht 99 (thats the one I missed the most),the quality

of Yorkies products are very good and is reflected in the prices.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Thanks khwaibah, I knew about Yorkies Pattaya site ,but I don't eat pies

everyday and don't want to buy 50 assorted meat products at one time,

or whatever the minimum order is to be shipped here.

Also, I showed my wife how to make meat pies,and she can knock

up 20 at a time,we got the proper pie tins from UK, its more the Black

Pudding, Gammon,and Pork pies I missed

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

You do know that it is very easy to order better quality, and better value products, don't you ?

Please elaborate,you don't mean SK do you ?

regards Worgeordie

What is SK ?

Have a look on the Western Food forum.

I buy 3 scotch eggs for 100 Baht and they are (in my opinion, and for my taste - it is always subject) far better than the Yorkies product - or any other provider for that matter.

I buy steak and kidney puddings 70 Baht, same price for S & K pies, minced beef and onion, etc. A large pork pie 70 Baht.

There is a wide range of suppliers - which is great because you try various providers and settle for the taste/price that suits you best.

I have bought from:-

Asia West

Western Wholesale Meats

Tony Kwan in Pattaya

Pattaya Pies

Buriram Pieman

Matvic

Acorn

Staffords

Nookies Delights (for good value items)

KPK

I now see that SK would be Sausage King - I haven't tried their products.

You do know that it is very easy to order better quality, and better value products, don't you ?

regards Worgeordie

What is SK ?

I buy 3 scotch eggs for 100 Baht and they are (in my opinion, and for my taste - it is always subject) far better than the Yorkies product - or any other provider for that matter.

I buy steak and kidney puddings 70 Baht, same price for S & K pies, minced beef and onion, etc. A large pork pie 70 Baht.

There is a wide range of suppliers - which is great because you try various providers and settle for the taste/price that suits you best.

Asia West

Western Wholesale Meats

Tony Kwan in Pattaya

Pattaya Pies

Buriram Pieman

Matvic

Acorn

Staffords

KPK

Try.. http://www.sausageking1.com/contact/

regards Worgeordie

What is SK ?

Asia West

Western Wholesale Meats

Tony Kwan in Pattaya

Pattaya Pies

Buriram Pieman

Matvic

Acorn

Staffords

KPK

Hi jip99, So which do you rate the best?, and what is the minimum order they ship to Chiang Mai, you are in Chiang Mai ?

regards Worgeordie

I want to make my own pies, as commercial ones seem excessively expensive, but mince beef is soooooooo expensive.

Anyone know where I can get reasonably priced beef, not necessary to be minced?

Thanks.

I suppose the most reasonable place to buy beef is Northern Farm,thats

where we buy ours,we select a piece and have the butcher mince it for

us,just once through the mincer, they also do ready minced beef,but i

also see the price has increased in last couple of months.

regards Worgeordie

Ps a good flour to use is White wings ,flour from Australia,available at

Rimping and Tops supermarkets.

Rimping at times stock "Four and Twenty" Australian Beef Pies, about Baht 145 each. Great smell while Microwaving in their special Microwavable bag.

Still having a problem with Birdseye Brand Frozen Baby-Peas at Rimping. They had heaps of them, they sold like crazy, moths ago and they haven't had any since. When you ask about next delivery (ha, ha... Delivery of BABY Peas) the staff look at you as if you should just go back to Australia and pick them yourself while they pick their noses.

Rimping at times stock "Four and Twenty" Australian Beef Pies, about Baht 145 each. Great smell while Microwaving in their special Microwavable bag.

Still having a problem with Birdseye Brand Frozen Baby-Peas at Rimping. They had heaps of them, they sold like crazy, moths ago and they haven't had any since. When you ask about next delivery (ha, ha... Delivery of BABY Peas) the staff look at you as if you should just go back to Australia and pick them yourself while they pick their noses.

Makro has 1kg bags of Taleys frozen peas from NZ bht 70,they are not baby peas

but are very good.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

but are very good.

regards worgeordie

Talleys frozen peas are from kiwi land (New Zealand) and I agree are very good. They dont turn to mush and are not like these canned ball bearings they call peas here. I have also seen Talleys have some frozen Hoki (Fish) fillets at the Macro outlets. Will try those this weekend....will report back on those later.

but are very good.

regards worgeordie

Talleys frozen peas are from kiwi land (New Zealand) and I agree are very good. They dont turn to mush and are not like these canned ball bearings they call peas here. I have also seen Talleys have some frozen Hoki (Fish) fillets at the Macro outlets. Will try those this weekend....will report back on those later.

I tried the Hoki,did not like it had an oily after taste,but I understand its very popular in NZ,

i found the Alaskan Pollock to be lot better,more like Cod ,and its cheaper Bht165 -185

depending on size of fillets, also at Makro

regards Worgeordie

I want to make my own pies, as commercial ones seem excessively expensive, but mince beef is soooooooo expensive.

Anyone know where I can get reasonably priced beef, not necessary to be minced?

Thanks.

I suppose the most reasonable place to buy beef is Northern Farm,thats

where we buy ours,we select a piece and have the butcher mince it for

us,just once through the mincer, they also do ready minced beef,but i

also see the price has increased in last couple of months.

regards Worgeordie

Ps a good flour to use is White wings ,flour from Australia,available at

Rimping and Tops supermarkets.

Thank you.

but are very good.

regards worgeordie

I tried the Hoki,did not like it had an oily after taste,but I understand its very popular in NZ,

i found the Alaskan Pollock to be lot better,more like Cod ,and its cheaper Bht165 -185

depending on size of fillets, also at Makro

regards Worgeordie

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to cod but found the Alaskan Pollock (in the purple-ish packaging) to have a stronger and slightly bitter taste.

For beer battered fish and chips I will still take the Dory/Pangasus.

Perhaps if you spoke Thai you would get a better response, Do you?