How the Thai amnesty bill was pushed through

webfact

I guess some people will never get it .Whether you are a Red Shirt Yellow Shirt of Pink Shirt ( Pink is for lady boys) This grudge fighting about this whole thing has gotten to a point where it can really hurt all Thais

Its time to move on get over it Thaksin is ONE MAN and there are many who where involved in the protests. As a American I look on and see the pettiness of this all. They are now fighting for the sake of fighting no Democracy. Democracy is the rule of the majority. Not the rule of a Mob no matter what your T shirt color is.

This needs to be resolved for your children and their future This is the main reason . Look into the eyes of your child Then ask yourself Do I really care about all of this or the future of your children

This is the only reason you should protest. Is the plight of one man or many going to effect your children If you answer is NO then move on

Democracy is just another word for "control people", sad for the reds who believe in Thaksin (the Billionaire and the rice-farmers), but a lot of them want only participate in corruption. So I want my children knowing the different between, "right and wrong, responsibility and honest", and the rules of the game. Let the Thais do, what they must do, and look your own country, walking on the blade. For you as an American, it look like pettiness, because your country "thinking big", involve the whole world in your abuses. Normal people are ok, but they used by the political and financial elites, and they are not ok. I think, without them, all nations can live in freedom...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"....not a fiscal issue" Buaha haha, erg, chortle.

I guess giving 46 billion baht (plus % over several years) of from government coffers, is not a fiscal issue.

Next he'll tell you he's got a swimming pool filled with liquid platinum, and a mastodon serving tea in the pantry.

No. No. NO. You've got it wrong. This bill has nothing to do with Thaksin getting his 46 billion baht back.

That comes after the bill has passed, when Thaskin walks into court and says "See I did nothing wrong. Give me my money back".

I have such a strange feeling that he would never make it to that court.

• Like 1

Democracy.........

I know that was sarcasm, but it actually is "Democracy" . . . the sheeple got the Govt and Dictator they voted for. If they couldn't see further than the ends of their noses (or the 500 baht and empty promises they were made) then that's something to remember for next time they vote. Live with it or change it cos you got what you asked for.

How soon they will forget with another 500 baht waved in front of them..... and you nailed it with the sarcasm....

Democracy.........

I know that was sarcasm, but it actually is "Democracy" . . . the sheeple got the Govt and Dictator they voted for. If they couldn't see further than the ends of their noses (or the 500 baht and empty promises they were made) then that's something to remember for next time they vote. Live with it or change it cos you got what you asked for.

Very true . The current government were elected by the majority of the people and this majority were from poor and under developed areas who gave their support for less than thirty pieces of silver and allowed for these elected officials to syphon off huge sums of government money for their personal gain. They were simply used and disgarded owing to their myopic viewpoint and lack of insight and education.

Not true at all. The current regime were elected based on receiving 48% of the votes cast. Absolutely not a majority of the people.

• Like 1

Not true at all. The current regime were elected based on receiving 48% of the votes cast. Absolutely not a majority of the people.

Even after all the comments made concerning the percentage share of votes cast for the P.T.P. these myopic Thaksin supporters seem totally unable or unwilling to actually comprehend the truth of the matter much the same as Thaksin is unable and unwilling to accept the truth of the this matter and a good many other matters also.

• Like 1

Leave this entire subject to the Thais. History has proven over and over again, that transitions must come from within. It will be a sad day when the rift between the Bangkokians and the rest of the country gaps wider. There will be civil unrest as nobody is in charge here for the last six years.

Once they cried over killed citizens; most of them because of a financial "token of appreciation" rather than their political beliefs (which they do not have), once proper business has been really hurt, once tourists overfly the Land and investors move out, maybe then somebody can get this kindergarten to reason and look forward into what has to be done to move Thailand into the 21st century.

Troubling days ahead. And yes, while some try to make ends meet some other keep on moving the ends around

Very true . The current government were elected by the majority of the people and this majority were from poor and under developed areas who gave their support for less than thirty pieces of silver and allowed for these elected officials to syphon off huge sums of government money for their personal gain. They were simply used and disgarded owing to their myopic viewpoint and lack of insight and education.

nearly right...but they werent elected by the majority..of the poeople...only a majority of the vote...otherwise your spot on sir.....wai2.gif

No. They didn't get a majority of the vote, only 48%. What they managed to do was get the majority of the seats in parliament.

And that is Democracy.

Didn't see you complaining about abhisit and his coalition buying enough votes to form a government with the aid of the military http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Democrat-govt-a-shotgun-wedding--30090626.html

You going to tell one of the oldest contemporary continuously running democracies in the world, the UK, that they got it all wrong?

Edited by fab4

No. They didn't get a majority of the vote, only 48%. What they managed to do was get the majority of the seats in parliament.

And that is Democracy.

Didn't see you complaining about abhisit and his coalition buying enough votes to form a government with the aid of the military http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Democrat-govt-a-shotgun-wedding--30090626.html

You going to tell one of the oldest contemporary continuously running democracies in the world, the UK, that they got it all wrong?

What are going on about again?? Was I complaining? Even with your new name, you're still the same.

• Like 2

nearly right...but they werent elected by the majority..of the poeople...only a majority of the vote...otherwise your spot on sir.....wai2.gif

And that is Democracy.

You don't understand democracy then do you, if that is what you say democracy is.

It is not just based on a voting system.

Look it up in wikipedia, then come back.

Corruption from the beginning to the end, the poor get poorer and the rich even more richer,.....sounds like ditactorship

And in what period in Thailand therefore does you word 'Dictatorship' Describe

As I recall there was an actual reduction of rural 'poverty' when Thaksin was the PM.......I wonder if that is why so many vote for him?

Depends on what you equate as poverty. Yes he did introduce easy credit that increased household debt and spawned a consumerist mentality in the North East and increase GDP. Yes there was a reduction in rural poverty due to increased investments as foreign companies and cashed up Thais bought farming land and invested in rice production. He propagated the cult of Thaksin with easy credit, debt forgiveness making him the Robin Hood of the north, but he was stealing from all Thais and feeding them crumbs.

• Like 2

Thaksin and the Army/Prem struck a deal. No one else matters. Its all over, fat lady is warming up...

That may be, but never underestimate Thaksin's ability to screw things up. That's what got him into trouble in the first place.

If so, any "deal" would of been royally appointed. There's absolutely no evidence of this (if there is, please share if poss).

The bill has only just left the house and is meeting massive resistance. Things seem like they are heading very 2006 pre-coup.

Leave this entire subject to the Thais. History has proven over and over again, that transitions must come from within. It will be a sad day when the rift between the Bangkokians and the rest of the country gaps wider. There will be civil unrest as nobody is in charge here for the last six years.

Once they cried over killed citizens; most of them because of a financial "token of appreciation" rather than their political beliefs (which they do not have), once proper business has been really hurt, once tourists overfly the Land and investors move out, maybe then somebody can get this kindergarten to reason and look forward into what has to be done to move Thailand into the 21st century.

Troubling days ahead. And yes, while some try to make ends meet some other keep on moving the ends around

Like Cambodia...they had French Khmer Rouge..the Red Flag..Thailand has the Red Shirt. Start taking language lessons even if it is only the Thai word for "RUN"

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

And that is Democracy.

You've been a member here less than a month. How could you possibly know what whybother was or wasn't complaining about five odd years ago?

You should recognise who he was by now.

• Like 2

And that is Democracy.

You've been a member here less than a month. How could you possibly know what whybother was or wasn't complaining about five odd years ago?

You should recognise who he was by now.

So many incarnations over the years, I lose track.

And that is Democracy.

There you go again making unsubstantiated statements with no proof just as Thaksins little red book says.

Do you have ANY PROOF at all about the Democrats buying votes?

If you do please publish them so that we can all check out and verify your sources.

If not just shut up as you are extremely boring.

Truth with verifiable sources is always useful.

The crap you write isn't worth the electronic paper it is written on.

Thaksin and the Army/Prem struck a deal. No one else matters. Its all over, fat lady is warming up...

That may be, but never underestimate Thaksin's ability to screw things up. That's what got him into trouble in the first place.

310 votes to nil, I think he has got them on the ropes. Time seems to be working in Mr Thaksins favour.

And that is Democracy.

You don't understand democracy then do you, if that is what you say democracy is.

It is not just based on a voting system.

Look it up in wikipedia, then come back.

Oh I understand democracy, but when people are discussing percentage of votes cast, as they are, it's kind of reasonable for me to explain the democratic voting system to them as they tend to think it's unfair that their choice of political party didn't get to form a government despite the fact they got less seats.

If we were talking about the democratic system then that would have been a different discussion.

Excuse my scorn but try another target eh?

Oh I understand democracy, but when people are discussing percentage of votes cast, as they are, it's kind of reasonable for me to explain the democratic voting system to them as they tend to think it's unfair that their choice of political party didn't get to form a government despite the fact they got less seats.

If we were talking about the democratic system then that would have been a different discussion.

You just like making shit up, don't you.

• Like 2

310 votes to nil, I think he has got them on the ropes. Time seems to be working in Mr Thaksins favour.

310 votes by his paid staff, now the biggest obstacle needs to be taken. The Senate smile.png

• Like 1

You just like making shit up, don't you.

I'm sorry. Just because you've been on the losing end of a few discussions now there is no need to get upset.

Now if you wish to follow the thread of the discussion you will find that is exactly what people were talking about. Whether it was the percentage of people voting or percentage of votes cast or even stealing votes in the case of the dem / bjp coalition it was about the democratic voting system not the democratic system per se.

Please point out anywhere I was making something up, I'm curious.