Interest Free Smartphone Deals for Farangs?

VisaEd

I saw in the IT City leaflet brochure that they are offering the Samsung Galaxy 4 for 20,000 but it said (in Thai) 0% for 10 months.

2000 baht a month for the phone would be pretty good.

Are there any other deals like this on offer? Such as for the HTC One, S4, Nexus 5 or iPhone 5S?

And are they open to farangs and if so what are the terms?

Thanks.

A lot if not all of these 0% financing are done thru specific Thai credit cards with specific banks

If you look closely at the ad for 0% you will see the banks that are offering this

You will need a Thai credit card to get these offers

If you do have a Thai credit card you can go from store to store to see what banks a particular

store are aligned with every store seems to be aligned with different banks and some banks can

be found aligned with more than one store

If you do not have a Thai credit card you are out of luck on these 0% interest deals

unless you have a good Thai friend who will let you use theirs

• 3 weeks later...

Does the 0% 10 duean mean graphic mean zero percent intrest over the 10 months of repayments?

So if I bought the Galaxy S4 for 19,880 I'd pay 1988 for 10 months and that's it?

I see they've got Bangkok Bank listed at the bottom, does that mean its an interest free option, even though its listed separately form the other cards?

Why do you need to pay by CC, how does that benefit the store?

Thanks!

Edited by VisaEd

I did this a few years ago to buy a laptop for my wife- one catch is, the full amount is immediately deducted from your available credit (and you must have the full amount available for the transaction). Plus I think you have to pay the monthly fee in addition to your monthly minimum payment, although I'm not 100% sure about that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus SlimKat using Tapatalk

Edited by dharmabm