Anyone Been to Phu Quoc, Vietnam?

Mightycabage

So this is kind of a spin off from my last topic I posted about where to visit for a few days with my Thai girlfriend. Link here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678780-where-to-visit-in-se-asia-with-my-girlfriend-for-a-few-days/

Anyway, one user mentioned the island of Phu Quoc in Vietnam, which I'm considering. I'm planning on flying out of BKK on the 15th or 16th of this month. I have been to Saigon and Nha Trang 6 years ago but don't remember much. Anyone think spending an extra night or two in Saigon on the way to or from Phu Quoc would be a good idea?

I'd mainly like to hear some more personal experiences from anyone who's been to Phu Quoc. Can't seem to find too many personal reviews on Google.

Because of flight departure times it's advisable to stay overnight in Saigon. Phu Quoc is nice but nothing like the islands in Thailand re night time entertainment. It's more a sleepy Hollow type place. Well worth the visit for the cheap seafood alone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So is there any sort of nightlife on the island? Not that I'm really looking for it, but it would be nice to have a bit of entertainment at night. Beach bar with some music or something like that...

Although I'm mainly looking to relax on the beach and do some good snorkeling.